Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Musketeer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 03, 2013
Ol Fish Eye on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Musketeers are expert marksmen, who use their mastery of firearms and trick shots to win battles. Musketeers damage their enemies at long range and keep them at a distance with traps and obstacles, denying foes any chance for hand-to-hand combat.

If you are a Musketeer, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
My one friend is a musketeer, although I wouldn't say it's my favorite. I'm neutral about this class. I love witchdoctors the best, but this class is okay.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
are musketeers mostly ranged I saw a musketeer use a sword and gun but even with that weapon are they mostly ranged or if they have that weapon they can go close combat

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
are musketeers mostly ranged I saw a musketeer use a sword and gun but even with that weapon are they mostly ranged or if they have that weapon they can go close combat
They can do both but are much better at ranged. There are several weapons for them that have a gun and a blade so you can experiment a lot.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
They can do both but are much better at ranged. There are several weapons for them that have a gun and a blade so you can experiment a lot.
alright thanks chrissy u are a great help helping me with classes and such I appreciate it

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
hi I have another question I like the sword and gun weapon which I believe the sword is stabby I not sure I saw a musketeer use it in pvp anyway I wanted to ask which class would benifet from it most I would like to go close combat and be able to shoot but which class should I be primary it between or which class would benifet from it most? and which class would u recommend me as a primary to use that stabby or slashy and gun weapon? I would like to go close combat and distant if that's possible as I like its bounty hunter style thx

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
hi I have another question I like the sword and gun weapon which I believe the sword is stabby I not sure I saw a musketeer use it in pvp anyway I wanted to ask which class would benifet from it most I would like to go close combat and be able to shoot but which class should I be primary it between or which class would benifet from it most? and which class would u recommend me as a primary to use that stabby or slashy and gun weapon? I would like to go close combat and distant if that's possible as I like its bounty hunter style thx
The easiest way would be to check out the weapons in the bazaar. Then you can see which ones will get their strength from your class or not. There are many shooty/stabby and shooty/slashy weapons out there. Just check them out and their stats will be able to help you out.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2011
A musketeer is the best starter person you can be. You have awesome companions along the way!

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I have a feeling that since there are so little of us soon we will get something special from KI so when the enemy dose see us they'll be sorry!!!!

Ensign
Mar 11, 2013
My musketeer has the same range as an armada sniper!

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
I am a musketeer and we are awsome! but sereosly we set traps and bombs to keep ememys away and if you get the frostlock in ks you get the "fix bayonets" ability if an enemy gets too close! we rule!

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
MusketMan100 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
I am a musketeer a would like to know what you think I should use my practice points on. Thanks

i suggest you train some privateer heals and witchdoctor deals cause its long range (and privateer class gives free resist )

witty logan quick level 65 privateer

witty logan quick witchdoctor in training

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
privateerking on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
i suggest you train some privateer heals and witchdoctor deals cause its long range (and privateer class gives free resist )

witty logan quick level 65 privateer

witty logan quick witchdoctor in training
Not trying to be argumentative, but; I'm also a level 65 Privateer (on my other account).

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Musketeer are long ranged fighters,based on my experience this class got high dodging ability and very fast.Also after Swashbuckler fastest of the five, have a decent health point and last fairly long. What I like about this class is the multi damages it cause when dueling.

" Hit and see the traget,before the traget hit and see you."- Slick Britteny Andrews

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
This class is great because of how many powers there are. On my level 34 guy, he has about 1 whole page of damage powers. I also love that this is the only class that mostly uses guns, so most of the gear with non-melee attacks (I forgot what you call non-melee attacks ) we can use.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Aeolian Dust on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
This is perhaps a few months on the late side but as far as I am aware, if you have a shooty/stabby (i.e. sword and pistol) weapon, you'll still have access to all your Gun Fu skills and shots, while turning into essentially a melee character. And shooty/stabby weapons also get bonuses for agility, so you won't lose anything in terms of damage.

"And now gentlemen, all for one, one for all -- that is our motto, is it not?" -D'Artagnan, The Three Musketeers
Aye lad. I tried that so I could use Assassins Strike or something like it and I lost Quick Draw for sure and Double Tap also I think. The moves you can do when you have the shooty/stabby weapons are pretty cool though. Fun to watch, but I'll stick with my Dragoon Autocannon.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Griffen Deverux on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Fair point but what happens when a pirate with great dodge who can get to you in one turn comes along?

C. G. Deverux LvL 43 swashbuckler
I have a max level Swashbuckler and a max level Musketeer. My Musketeer has almost a thousand more health points than my Swashbuckler and the Swashbuckler's talents like First Strike and Riposte don't work on Musketeer's ranged attacks even if your standing right next to them. Also, even Swashbucklers with insanely high dodge (like mine who has over 170) can't dodge more than a couple of attacks from a Musketeer who has high accuracy. My Swashbuckler was my first pirate and probably my favorite because of the cool looking gear and the great moves and it is also the best class for beginners I think. For pvp though I'd pick my Musketeer unless we were going to battle in my Volcano Island house. The pvp arena there is tiny and no class of pirate has ever been able to beat my Swashbuckler there.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
MusketMan100 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
I am a musketeer a would like to know what you think I should use my practice points on. Thanks

Well, I was using mine for healing (Witch Doctor and Privateer skills) until I was able to farm gear that gave me Revive and Valor's Armor etc. Once you have gear that can heal you or reduce damage I would say train in skills that give you buffs to increase agility. Just recently actually, I reset my training points because they were cluttering up my set making it hard for the powers I wanted to use to come up. When you think about...you don't really need any skills from the other classes if you farm for the good gear. Duelist101 and the Pirate101 wiki have lots of great information about where to get the gear you need for your Musketeer.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
For you 60+ level Musketeers, what companions do you use and what type of companions do you use?

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
sandy20850 on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
For you 60+ level Musketeers, what companions do you use and what type of companions do you use?
I bring along Chantal, wing, and my kesuke yogi from the crown shop. I think I usually send wing out first then a swashbuckler, and stay behind and snipe with Chantal. When it comes down to it though, feel free to experiment because something else might be best for you!

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
Musketeers Are really good but it will be much better if we have overwatch skill so the people who come near us will take damage. Who agree with me that we should have overwatch skill.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Gouut1 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Musketeers Are really good but it will be much better if we have overwatch skill so the people who come near us will take damage. Who agree with me that we should have overwatch skill.
Yea. Double tap should activate with powers, as the last time I used a regular attack was in cool ranch. If not, overwatch or stock assault should be avail. Why did I choose to be raised in skull island! Whyyyyy

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
The Doom Squad on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Epic when I land a 800 damage attack and kill 5 enemies at once Level 30
Level 30 dont do that much. :I I am a level 65 and even i only go up to about 500 damage with a regular attack.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Consider a range buff, witchdoctors are klling us :/