Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Buccaneer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Most likely but i didnt play the beta so i dunno.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Diraz18 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
From what i have read buccaneers are supposed to be the "big hitters" and i just have a few too many problems with that phrase right there. it's probably because they are not! I dont say they should be overly powerful but considering the fact that swashbucklers got an extra epic "riposte" which i have no problem with because it makes sense. Buccaneers should be able to use the relentless epic because it is just so fitting for buccaneers nature and because even though they have the most epic blade storm lvl 2? seriously? how many time is a buccaneer surrounded by enemies who are all almost dead? huh? RARE! very rare so blade storm doesn't quite fit them. i think instead of the blade storm epic buccaneers should have relentless. Also, shouldn't buccaneers charges "mighty charge vicious charge and brutal charge" hit a little more damage? its just really terrible being a buccaneer and using your strongest skill only to see it hit 300 critical. seriously i think buccaneers need a real makeover.
Whoah, buddy, they can do a lot more, such as using spells to power your character with strength, or even block damage!
Rock on, buccaneers, rock on
Modest Noah Underhill, level 42, and on to Khotan I go, right this second!

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Heavyshark on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Whoah, buddy, they can do a lot more, such as using spells to power your character with strength, or even block damage!
Rock on, buccaneers, rock on
Modest Noah Underhill, level 42, and on to Khotan I go, right this second!
It is good that you believe in buccaneers my friend but i believe you are misguided. Buccaneers do anything but rock.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Well, that's the point. They're as strong as rock, and eat it for breakfast every day, along with roasted troggy legs.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Heavyshark on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Well, that's the point. They're as strong as rock, and eat it for breakfast every day, along with roasted troggy legs.
LOL XD that was funny

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Heavyshark on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I prefer sky snake soup grilled over a boucan.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
You're right, I believe that Mordekai recommends it. But in the topic, it stinks, I know, that the most I have done is about 800. I see witchdoctors doing 1000 on mojo blade rank 2 if they get mega. :( unfair

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
AsgardianLoki on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Buccaneer has to be my favorite class of them all, second is Privateer.
dead mike is the only buccaneer that ever helps me in anything all the others die instantly. so i dont really like buccaneers my order is

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
even though I didn't choose buccaneer, they are pretty cool. I just wish more people would choose that than swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
Diraz18 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
It is good that you believe in buccaneers my friend but i believe you are misguided. Buccaneers do anything but rock.
no they rock and rule

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
From games I'd played, classes like swashbuckler are very agile,fast,and do numerous hits in one round but they don't have high damage and I've chose buccaneer because they say that they had brute strength and lots of toughness.

Fiery Kenneth Strong

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Everyone must misunderstand the meaning of TOUGH.

Tough is not how much damage you do, it's how much hits they can take.

Like bullies at a school. People say they are tough, so when they try to take one down, it takes lots of force and people.

Even though buccaneers have the biggest weapons around, they attack slowly. Swashbucklers are fast enough to catch the enemy unprepared, inflicting damage from both dagger and shock.

Buccaneers can take many hits before dieing, not only because of high health, but because of the many protections and boosts they get.

So next time you see the word TOUGH, you will know what it means.

Ensign
Feb 05, 2012
Mordekai on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Buccaneers are sturdy warriors, who rely on brute strength to overcome their enemies. They wear the heaviest armor, carry the biggest weapons. What Buccaneers lack in grace or finesse they make up for with raw courage: withstanding enemy attacks is the key to a Buccaneer's strategy.

If you are a Buccaneer look for ways to boost your STRENGTH
I am not a buccaneer I am a but I still use these for help when my enemy gets close I use big choppy weapons sometimes they give me extra boost in a easy battle

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
my main diet on here is cupcakes.... magic cupcakes. they are gifted to me by the magic of ligers. (any napolian dynamite fans out there?...VOTE FOR PEDRO!) and i wouldn't mind waffles. but the most important diet of a is MEAT!!! like; bacon, tacos, burritos, more bacon, steak (fresh from mooshu ) , BLT's, bacon cheeseburgers, and the most heavenly form of meat there is... CHEESEBURGERS!!! i buy mine from
mc ninjapig's (they also get there ingredients from mooshu.) so if your a go to mooshu and kill them cows. (only the evil ones)....(you might get sued) the end.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

"when asked life or death, chose the one with waffles"

Ensign
Jul 22, 2013
I LOVE BUCANEER!!!! ITS SO AWESOME!!! Anyone who chooses bucanner is awesome!

Ensign
Sep 10, 2011
Two words: Reckless Frenzy

Situation: with only 15 life points left and a dying El Toro at Atracus (not sure with the spelling), I was out of potion so I went in with only 75% life total

Enemy: surrounded by two Vultures with a slingshot (full life) and a dying melee Vulture. Boss is already dead.

My turn: Reckless Frenzy equipped with a Promethean Spear

Re enactment: My buck hits the dying melee vulture twice but obviously with the 5% minus on my life for every unblocked hit (75 life points at that time) he passed out after the first hit.

Result: without even waiting for my pirate to hit the two range vultures the screen resolved in my favor. I won with 1 life point and saved the day. The range vultures was never going to block me anyway.

this is why Bucks are tough, even to the last breath he fights and carry on. Oh how I love melee.

Two Faced Sebastian Finkle L65
Reckless Abe Armstrong L65

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Mordekai on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Buccaneers are sturdy warriors, who rely on brute strength to overcome their enemies. They wear the heaviest armor, carry the biggest weapons. What Buccaneers lack in grace or finesse they make up for with raw courage: withstanding enemy attacks is the key to a Buccaneer's strategy.

If you are a Buccaneer look for ways to boost your STRENGTH
Hey Mordekai i know your a buccaneer but may i ask what world your from and what made you decide on wanting to teach? if i may ask

[lvl 53 musketeer

i always wanted to ask you because your my fav and i wanna learn more about you if i may plz. and where ye came from. :)

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Buccaneers are great! But you need to have some good companions to back you up like Kobe Yojimbo or Bonnie Anne! Toby lvl29

Ensign
Aug 07, 2011
Ensign
Jun 03, 2013
My friend is a buccaneer and she likes it a lot. I prefer witchdoctor, but this class is pretty cool.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Yes i have noticed that buccaneers dont get that many companions through out Marleybone and Aquila. All the other classes get cool companions like snakes, gladiators, cyclops and we buccaneer get nothing i would really like it if you added a few more buccaneer companions. For example, you could add a minotaur, centaur, saytr and other cool companions. Fearless Nathan Strong level 65

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Speed Switch on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
ya right, KI say buccaneers are the big hitters but they arent really, all they do is hit big numbers most times; while a swashbuckler would hit like maybe 5 one hundreds, a buccaneer would just hit a big 380 or two 190's :P and that IS in comparison to the five hundred. does it sound like it make sense to bring a fragile GIRL raccoon like morgan laffite into battle over a gruff HAMMER HEAD shark like Mordekai? noo way unless your ALWAYS fighting in a dark alley were she can just sneak up on you and poke your spleen or something :P

go ahead and make swash bucklers hit the more damage than buccaneers, which i still dont agree with, but cant KI make buccaneers be able to do other thing that strong brutal people can do? like maybe a KO attack? srsly, i was sure when i first read about and downloaded this game that buccaneers would be able to ko opponents.
they could have an axe throw, or a dazing skill called power strike, were they knock the wind outa you and make your buffs run fore like 2 less turns, and then later like at lvl 65 or so, they could get mighty blow, which take off five turns, that would be cool. or you could make them have one called ram, were they ram you and knock you back some spaces, like 3, and then they could get POWER ram later, that hits you back like five spaces. then you compile them one after the other and push them a good deal of spaces back

or how about fortitude, they could use this to keep living for like 400 damage below thier life, the way it would work is that you cant put them below zero in one attack, so like if i battle a buccaneer and he use fortitude, and i backstab him and hit like 1500, and he only had 900 life left, i would kill him right? but because he have fortitude on, the rest of 600 is just cutt of and then you have to take of the rest of 400 hundred with a whole different blow, or maybe he'd bleed to death :P either way you get what i mean

all theese i think are good ideas, maybe a litttle to powerful, but yall can maybe cut them down a bit.

i love buccaneers, but if they dont get any new upgrades, i'll just stick with mi ninja :P

BTW, the cool names like mighty blow and fortitude, and power ram and power strike, my bro came up with
but the ideas are mostly mine thx for listening! if you all are ... :P

Cunning Xavier Veldon, lvl 37 swash buckler
Hey why are you insulting girls and raccoons because I know karate Romantic Nicole Underwood lvl 46