Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If Nothing Else Can Happen, Please Let Us Rename Companions

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So, my Level 15 Spirit companions haven't reached their first promotion, but I have a second pirate with the same set of companions at Level 52, and upon entering a Tavern Cellar, I discovered that two of them have all been assigned horrible randomized names.

Spirit of Giving - Smart Snipe
Spirit of Receiving - Tall Bert Boxer (this one is actually okay)
Spirit of Returning - Soggy Bart Drake

Now, this has been a pet peeve of mine since receiving Faithful Hair, the Bison Scout, on one of my pirates. I would seriously pay many Crowns in order to choose names I like for members of my crew.

@Ratbeard? @Falmea?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 6, 2019 wrote:
So, my Level 15 Spirit companions haven't reached their first promotion, but I have a second pirate with the same set of companions at Level 52, and upon entering a Tavern Cellar, I discovered that two of them have all been assigned horrible randomized names.

Now, this has been a pet peeve of mine since receiving Faithful Hair, the Bison Scout, on one of my pirates. I would seriously pay many Crowns in order to choose names I like for members of my crew.

@Ratbeard? @Falmea?

Yar, and allow me to get a true Santo Pollo name for my Toreador instead of those CR "outlaw" names.

Developer

@Ratbeard? @Falmea?

Can't stop chuckling at "Faithful Hair."

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Ratbeard on Oct 7, 2019 wrote:
*snorts with laughter*

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Ratbeard on Oct 7, 2019 wrote:
HEHEHEYAHAHAHA!... Did I say that out loud?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One of my pirates recruited a Bison Archer named "Laughing Chaser", now I have an image of him chasing me & giggling madly.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I got pretty good names maybe it's just tough luck Willowydream
But I would like to rename some of my companions.

My bison scout has a nice name (his name is Shadow Wolf)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I got a Bison Scout named Sky Heart... I won't say it isn't good, but it's nothing compared to Lightning Crow the Black Storm Elder! Sky Heart doesn't want a new name, but he seconds this motion.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I’m pretty sure two of my companions from Cooper’s Roost have “Stinky” in their names so I wouldn’t mind this change.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I NEED to make one of my Inoshishi companions "Dai Shi" if possible, I NEED TO!!!

Ensign
Apr 02, 2015

@Ratbeard? @Falmea?

awesome idea but considering that we have officially named companions such as ratbeard or bat masterson (etc, etc..), i honestly don't see how it could be implemented.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Oct 14, 2019 wrote:
I NEED to make one of my Inoshishi companions "Dai Shi" if possible, I NEED TO!!!
Why specifically "Dai Shi"? Is it a movie reference or something?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
pgomopc on Oct 14, 2019 wrote:
awesome idea but considering that we have officially named companions such as ratbeard or bat masterson (etc, etc..), i honestly don't see how it could be implemented.
I'm only talking about renaming those that get assigned random names -- Just like when we buy a new ship, we can go to Louis Couleur and have him change the name.

Not the companions who have already got names from their story/quests.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 14, 2019 wrote:
Why specifically "Dai Shi"? Is it a movie reference or something?
It's a PR reference

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
I can understand your point. I wish that we could name the companions that have random names. One of my companions on my privateer has the name of "Lightning Hair" and I think that is very odd.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 9, 2019 wrote:
One of my pirates recruited a Bison Archer named "Laughing Chaser", now I have an image of him chasing me & giggling madly.
I don't know why, but that thought is so stupid that it's the funniest comment I've seen today.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 7, 2019 wrote:
Yar, and allow me to get a true Santo Pollo name for my Toreador instead of those CR "outlaw" names.
Mine is literally called "Stinky Mad Chaser". I'm not even sure how.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
chiliman05 on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
Stinky Mad Chaser... bwahaha! That's just as funny as Faithful Hair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't know why, but that thought is so stupid that it's the funniest comment I've seen today.
It makes me laugh, too.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Oct 9, 2019 wrote:
HEHEHEYAHAHAHA!... Did I say that out loud?
Yes you did.
I would like to rename my companions--well, not really as I got a good name.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ew!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Seems like a sensible idea to me. We can change randomized names we don't like, and KI has another way to squeeze Crowns out of us. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Sneaky Fallon: "One of my companions on my privateer has the name of "Lightning Hair" and I think that is very odd."

Not to mention seriously unsafe. Where were the OSHA gendarmes when that name was handed out, I wonder?

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

@Ratbeard? @Falmea?

It would also be nice if WDs could get a name for the Batacuda, Skysnake & Crokagator. The only ones with names are Scorpius, El Tiburon, Nikeeta, & Madclaw.