Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boochbeard bundle?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I feel like they should add this back for a limited time. I know that they made a promise not to bring it back. But I used to own one, and would say that it could have some serious promoting power.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I played after this was gone. And I always wanted the Boochbeard bundle. I would love if it came back!

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I understand why players are constantly asking for this bundle. KingsIsle has had nearly 7 years of players begging and whining over it. they have even asked for it as a "Throw Back Thursday" item.

I believe that KI should commit to their statement that this pack was a one time offer to promote their new game. It was retired permanently : it's NOT coming back.
Oh, and before there are any accusations as to why I'm against the BB bundle's return, I don't have this bundle.

I would rather see a new bundle to celebrate P101's birthday.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Same! Also everyone who has Boochbeard bundle that I've talked to agreed with me. So now the majority agrees. So it seems not many people would get upset at the idea of it.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
It would also be really quick to bring back on kings isle's part, as the stuff for it is already there.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
While it would be cool to see a new bundle for P101's birthday, I also think A nice throwback would be cool as well.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Even people like Willowy Dream have agreed to the idea of it coming back for a limited time.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
This bundle would be just as good, possibly even better than a new one. While I am all for a new bundle, I think they should release a new bundle, but also possibly put out this as a limited time event. It would bring in new and old players trying to get both bundles. Also they can easily re release the boochbeard bundle, because all of the stuff for it is in the game. Also most people agree with it being brought back, except a few people.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
We aren't exactly whining for it. It would be an interesting bundle to see, as the newer players know nothing about it. Even if it is permanently retired, we can still wonder whether or not.
Fair Taryn Lewis

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Sep 24, 2019 wrote:
We aren't exactly whining for it. It would be an interesting bundle to see, as the newer players know nothing about it. Even if it is permanently retired, we can still wonder whether or not.
Fair Taryn Lewis
You can see what this bundle gave on You-Tube, just search for Boochbeard bundle.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
As argued in my other proposal, most people agree with it's return, if you look through previous posts made about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Sep 30, 2019 wrote:
As argued in my other proposal, most people agree with it's return, if you look through previous posts made about it.
Yes, there have been hundreds of posts asking for it to come back. Even starting in the month after it was retired!
But if you actually looked at the responses, you'll see the same answers over & over again, it's retired PERMANENTLY! After all that time KI has never re-issued that pack. You think just because you keep asking for it and making redundant posts that KI will cave in and give it to you?!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
chiliman05 on Sep 30, 2019 wrote:
Assuming your statistics are accurate (and that's an enormous assumption) they're only referring to those who have posted in whichever threads you've seen. In the very earliest of such threads the consensus is not to return the bundle.

Much as I'd like the volcano house on one of my other accounts, I don't want to see the bundle brought back. It's not fair to the people who bought it in the first place, with the understanding that it would be unique to that one period. We got the cat pirate in a slightly different form. We have other scarakeets (that frankly, can be improved, which the original cannot). You can get an awful lot of the rental version of the parrot mount during the birthday month and yuletide, both in July and in December.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Yes, but you see that was the previous consensus. Times have changed.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I have this bundle Anecorbie, it has a lot to offer for such an old bundle, and would be a nice throwback to the older times of this game. Almost everyone who plays knows about it, so a lot of people would buy it. I don't think last main time it was discussed).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 1, 2019 wrote:
Yes, but you see that was the previous consensus. Times have changed.
Times have never changed, you aren't the first to ask for this bundle to be re-issued and ( sadly ) you won't be the last. It's already been discussed many times and got replies from One Eyed Jack ( previous Community Manager ) saying that it wouldn't come back.

I'm happy you have that bundle; I even respect that you would like to share that bundle with others, but what I respect more is KI's resolve not to re-issue this bundle.
Face it & let it GO! It's never coming back.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Actually the times have changed. Look through old messages. The old consensus was that it should never be brought back, but looking through more recent ones, you would see that the majority has agreed with such an action.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Put me in the "no-return" camp. KI said it would be retired and never brought back, and they have stuck to that promise - as they should.

The company has made sure you can have something like pretty much everything in that bundle, for those who missed it.

-Indigo

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
This now means the no return and no coming out of retirement argument doesn't work, considering the pirate parrot mount is possible to get through gift boxes.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
For those who are looking for a substitute until Kings isle (possibly) brings it back one day, the Spirit of Returning from the Spirits of Yuletide set that comes around Christmas has a re skin of him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This isn't a "majority rules" situation - it all comes down to ethics and integrity, either you can keep a promise or you can't.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:
This now means the no return and no coming out of retirement argument doesn't work, considering the pirate parrot mount is possible to get through gift boxes.
As a 7 day rental, that parrot isn't a permanent drop; plus it's not in the Crown Shop, either as a rental or permanent mount.
"Retired permanently" is still a viable argument.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
For those who are looking for a substitute until Kings isle (possibly) brings it back one day, the Spirit of Returning from the Spirits of Yuletide set that comes around Christmas has a re skin of him.
Therefore, it isn't necessary to re-issue a permanently retired pack....

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Also by pirate parrot, I don't mean the re skinned one. I had found an original pirate parrot rental mount in a gift box yesterday.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Why not? A temporary mount that you may or may not get is nothing like bringing back a limited time, fully retired bundle of permanent goodness.