Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When your stitching looks like a masterpiece

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
It was only recently since I've decided to stitch some of my gear to make my characters look nice.
And when I got started, it looked amazing to gaze at. There's some artistic feeling of stitching that really makes me feel amazed at doing this. And I've done a different design for each of my pirates.
Looks like an admiral with a unique hat to finish it off
Looks like a magician in all white
Looks like a Mooshu explorer
Gives a nice Cool Ranch feeling
Anyone else have thought or done the same?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A Spooked Fan on Jul 27, 2019 wrote:
It was only recently since I've decided to stitch some of my gear to make my characters look nice.
And when I got started, it looked amazing to gaze at. There's some artistic feeling of stitching that really makes me feel amazed at doing this. And I've done a different design for each of my pirates.
Looks like an admiral with a unique hat to finish it off
Looks like a magician in all white
Looks like a Mooshu explorer
Gives a nice Cool Ranch feeling
Anyone else have thought or done the same?
I love to stitch, it's one of my favorite activities. Whenever I get a very good piece of gear, yet it looks terrible ( imo ), I will stitch it to something I like better.

This is also a great way to make a unique look if you don't want to look like everyone else.
Post Edit: it's also a good way to disguise boss gear in PvP

Ensign
Nov 29, 2009
For sure! My Buccaneer had a Marleybone themed outfit for a while, but as I got more Armada gear I've turned it into more of an Armada look (but kept that Marleybone earring, since that's where she was raised!). There's a lot of possibilities out there.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I've noticed that certain gear looks awesome in certain colors and absolutely hideous in others. I wish there was more of a variety in outfits. I seem to have the same outfit look I started out with for most of the way up. Making the higher level gear incredibly ugly and intolerable to wear and use might make some players spend crowns to stitch, but others it will just make them use the lower level gear. I see a whole lot of upper level players running around in completely trash gear just so they can look good. I think KingsIsle purposely made a lot of the upper level gear as ugly as they could to try and force everyone to spend crowns to stitch away from it (I don't expect KingsIsle to admit to that, but I think most have come to the same conclusion).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
I've noticed that certain gear looks awesome in certain colors and absolutely hideous in others. I wish there was more of a variety in outfits. I seem to have the same outfit look I started out with for most of the way up. Making the higher level gear incredibly ugly and intolerable to wear and use might make some players spend crowns to stitch, but others it will just make them use the lower level gear. I see a whole lot of upper level players running around in completely trash gear just so they can look good. I think KingsIsle purposely made a lot of the upper level gear as ugly as they could to try and force everyone to spend crowns to stitch away from it (I don't expect KingsIsle to admit to that, but I think most have come to the same conclusion).
Although I never did like the appearance of Marleybone or Aquila fashions, there are those who enjoy looking like a gladiator or a Victorian street waif. KI manages to cater to many tastes and stitching allows us to make our characters look the way we want them to look - and you don't have to spend your own crowns to do it!
Just do the KI trivia for free crowns ( 100 per day ), that's sufficient for any stitch! So, KI is hardly raking in the money by allowing us to stitch.
Now as to upper levels who are in "trash gear", have you ever thought that they haven't managed to gain the "good" gear from farming yet?
Goodness, farming is a chore and then add in the random chance of getting what you want from a boss in a dungeon, and I don't wonder why anyone is in "trash" gear ( and not because of a fashion choice ).
Besides, what you call "trash" may be another's "treasure".
I do agree that more variety ( especially female ) in gear is needed.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
I'd also love more variety with the clothing as well. Half the outfits in the Bazaar look the same but have different stats, giving less variety in quality and more in quantity if that makes sense. I'd personally think that the gear isn't really our style. You don't really see much people around having low lvl gear or having higher level gear, or they just don't stitch at all. Some people like certain worlds, but the gear isn't their style so they probably don't stitch at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
On the subject of hideous colors; I wish we could dye our boss gear!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
Although I never did like the appearance of Marleybone or Aquila fashions, there are those who enjoy looking like a gladiator or a Victorian street waif. KI manages to cater to many tastes and stitching allows us to make our characters look the way we want them to look - and you don't have to spend your own crowns to do it!
Just do the KI trivia for free crowns ( 100 per day ), that's sufficient for any stitch! So, KI is hardly raking in the money by allowing us to stitch.
Now as to upper levels who are in "trash gear", have you ever thought that they haven't managed to gain the "good" gear from farming yet?
Goodness, farming is a chore and then add in the random chance of getting what you want from a boss in a dungeon, and I don't wonder why anyone is in "trash" gear ( and not because of a fashion choice ).
Besides, what you call "trash" may be another's "treasure".
I do agree that more variety ( especially female ) in gear is needed.
The trash gear players can easily buy way better gear than what they are using rather inexpensively and easily just by going to the bazaar. I gave up trying to rationalize their thoughts as I've helped players with trash gear to gear up so their characters are strong and they looked good, then I see them again same day or next day and they have managed to completely switch to gear that does absolutely nothing for their characters while appearing quite hideous.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
The trash gear players can easily buy way better gear than what they are using rather inexpensively and easily just by going to the bazaar. I gave up trying to rationalize their thoughts as I've helped players with trash gear to gear up so their characters are strong and they looked good, then I see them again same day or next day and they have managed to completely switch to gear that does absolutely nothing for their characters while appearing quite hideous.
Your opinion, mate, as to their appearance.
This thread is in support of stitching, whether you use it or not. It isn't expensive ( 100 crowns per item ) and you can get FREE crowns daily by doing KI trivia games.
As in all aspects of this game, it is an option for a player to use as they see fit ( or not ).
P.S. I'm glad that you took the time to help others get good gear ( even if they didn't seem to appreciate it. ) This shows you as a good person.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Not only would it be nice to dye Boss Gear but there is some gear that you can dye part of the outfit but not the whole outfit. say a brown leather corset or silver armor breastplate. I would like to color the entire outfit not just parts of it. and the option for 3 colors in the gear would be just awesome