Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stupid Question # (I've lost count)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
If a witchdoctor has a pet that has bladestorm, does it do anything for the witchdoctor if it only carries a staffy weapon?

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
In Search of Yum on Jun 29, 2019 wrote:
If a witchdoctor has a pet that has bladestorm, does it do anything for the witchdoctor if it only carries a staffy weapon?
On my witchdoctor i once had a staffy melee weapon, so maybe if you had a melee staffy weapon the blade storm would work?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
No, what you want is Mojo Echo, but if that witchdoctor is carrying a staffy/slashy or stabby combo, then it will activate.
I had a teacher who once told us that the only stupid question was the one unasked. This is what these boards are for.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If it has bladestorm, then it only affects the pet, so no, it won't do anything for/to the WD.

If it grants bladestorm, you'll see on the card that it requires a melee attack, so it still doesn't do anything for your witchdoctor. Sorry.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
If the pet itself had Blade Storm, then it does nothing for the witchdoctor.

If the pet GRANTS Blade Storm, then the witchdoctor only gets a bonus rank of that Epic Talent if using a staffy combo melee-type weapon.

Community Leader
No

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Are there any pets that grant a witchdoctor additional hits? (like blade storm, relentless etc) when just carrying a staffy wand?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
In Search of Yum on Jul 2, 2019 wrote:
Are there any pets that grant a witchdoctor additional hits? (like blade storm, relentless etc) when just carrying a staffy wand?
Yes. Look for Grants Mojo Echo/Mojo Rising.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Jul 2, 2019 wrote:
No, for those talent attacks you need a melee or staffy/melee weapon equipped.