Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best level 70 Musketeer setup

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
Hello. I'm just wondering by yall's opinions what is the best musketeer setup for someone that is level 70.

I know that Kane drops everything except boots and accessories for a musketeer.

So what are the best boots in the game for a musketeer. Currently I'm using a level 55 pair of boots that gives around +12 agility and dodge and gives the card that endures 50% of all damage. I believe they are called the Boots of Chorus but i'm not 100% sure.

Accessory wise, by far, the best accessories in the game (eyepatches, earings) are the crown shop ones. But lets say you don't want to spend money. The level 40+ eyepatch. The patch of the dragon prince is able to be farmed from various bosses across the spiral. It gives +9 Accuracy, dodge and damage. According to the pirate101 Wiki it's dropped by Asterion; a minotaur son. a dinosaur boss that is level FIVE, a random level EIGHT boss in the ancient tunnels, which is crazy because it's a level 40 item. The level 50 and 60 Eyepatch can not be obtained from farming which is why I want to exclude those.

So what I want to ask is... What do you all believe the best pair of boots is and the best accessories besides crown shop items. As a completionist, I just want the BEST setup possible as a prideful musketeer.

Also I'm pretty sure the best gun is the blaster from moo tower and I don't want to open crown packs for better weapons so what are all of you using??

Thanks! - Let me know please. - Sarah Maxwell, Natalie Stuart, Rylee Burke. All level 70

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Welcome, Master of Musketeers!

I should be able to help you here. As a max-level Musketeer (A musketeer master, if I dare say so myself), I will tell you what I do, without needing to use Crowns!

My Pirate's strength comes from the high level of Epic Talents I have. Here is the gear I use:

Hat: The Nerja Campaign hat is my choice. Not only does it give True Grit and Quick adjust, it also gives some nice Agility!

Outfit: I use the Bardigiano Cloak. Quick adjust and even more Agility!

Boots: I got these boots from the Tower of Moo Manchu. The Corrupted Archer's Geta is obtained from Moo Manchu himself, and provides the Bear Trap and Super Strike powers. And Agility!

Weapons: The Nefarious Novablaster is indeed a good weapon, but I use the Haywire Armada Rifle. It not only has superior range, but the two Haywire Shots are quite powerful. It's obtained from the Renegade Dreadnaught that appears left of Skull Island every once in a while. (Make sure you have help!)

Accessories: By far the best accessory I've seen is Death's Bargain, dropped by the Nefarious Five. Getting health back is always a good thing!

Totems: I use the Fusileer's Precisio Stone. because of it's True Grit and Quick Adjust. Though, you could also try farming for the Prince of Illios Quiver from Pariss in the Palace of Hyssarik. It gives Burst Fire!

Charm: Bresciani Chain comes here. Another Kane drop, with even more True Grit and Quick Adjust!

Ring: I use the Bresciani Ring, or was it the Bresciani Signet? I don't really remember.

Pet: The ideal pet should boost you rather than itself. Try looking for one that gives Burst Fire!

I hope I was able to help you! Good luck gear hunting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Master of Musketee... on Jun 15, 2019 wrote:
Hello. I'm just wondering by yall's opinions what is the best musketeer setup for someone that is level 70.

I know that Kane drops everything except boots and accessories for a musketeer.

So what are the best boots in the game for a musketeer. Currently I'm using a level 55 pair of boots that gives around +12 agility and dodge and gives the card that endures 50% of all damage. I believe they are called the Boots of Chorus but i'm not 100% sure.

Accessory wise, by far, the best accessories in the game (eyepatches, earings) are the crown shop ones. But lets say you don't want to spend money. The level 40+ eyepatch. The patch of the dragon prince is able to be farmed from various bosses across the spiral. It gives +9 Accuracy, dodge and damage. According to the pirate101 Wiki it's dropped by Asterion; a minotaur son. a dinosaur boss that is level FIVE, a random level EIGHT boss in the ancient tunnels, which is crazy because it's a level 40 item. The level 50 and 60 Eyepatch can not be obtained from farming which is why I want to exclude those.

So what I want to ask is... What do you all believe the best pair of boots is and the best accessories besides crown shop items. As a completionist, I just want the BEST setup possible as a prideful musketeer.

Also I'm pretty sure the best gun is the blaster from moo tower and I don't want to open crown packs for better weapons so what are all of you using??

Thanks! - Let me know please. - Sarah Maxwell, Natalie Stuart, Rylee Burke. All level 70
Is this set up for PVE or PVP - the replies you receive will be different for each.
I can only tell you what I have currently on my level 70 Musketeer ( set up fpr PVE ).
Boots:
Fuslileer Scarpones ( dropped by Kane or can be found in Bazaar ) level 70
+11 agility
+15 dodge
Accessory:
Patch of Tyche's Blind Luck ( I think I got this from The Hydra ) Level 55
Grants - Hurricane Round
+15 accuracy
Weapon:

I also think that the Nefarious Nova Blaster is a very good weapon, but if you wish to farm the Dreadnought, here are a couple of choices for you.
Haywire Armada Weapon ( Dreadnought only ) level 70
Grants 2 Haywire Shot ( may knock back )
213 Base weapon power
5 base attack range
&
Haywire Pistoleer Set ( Dreadnought only ) level 70

Grants 2 Haywire Shot
227 base weapon power
3 base attack range
And I would like to recommend this Charm:
Apollo's Necklace ( I don't remember who drops it ) level 55
Grants - Valor's Fortress
+15 accuracy.
Good Hunting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
Welcome, Master of Musketeers!

I should be able to help you here. As a max-level Musketeer (A musketeer master, if I dare say so myself), I will tell you what I do, without needing to use Crowns!

My Pirate's strength comes from the high level of Epic Talents I have. Here is the gear I use:

Hat: The Nerja Campaign hat is my choice. Not only does it give True Grit and Quick adjust, it also gives some nice Agility!

Outfit: I use the Bardigiano Cloak. Quick adjust and even more Agility!

Boots: I got these boots from the Tower of Moo Manchu. The Corrupted Archer's Geta is obtained from Moo Manchu himself, and provides the Bear Trap and Super Strike powers. And Agility!

Weapons: The Nefarious Novablaster is indeed a good weapon, but I use the Haywire Armada Rifle. It not only has superior range, but the two Haywire Shots are quite powerful. It's obtained from the Renegade Dreadnaught that appears left of Skull Island every once in a while. (Make sure you have help!)

Accessories: By far the best accessory I've seen is Death's Bargain, dropped by the Nefarious Five. Getting health back is always a good thing!

Totems: I use the Fusileer's Precisio Stone. because of it's True Grit and Quick Adjust. Though, you could also try farming for the Prince of Illios Quiver from Pariss in the Palace of Hyssarik. It gives Burst Fire!

Charm: Bresciani Chain comes here. Another Kane drop, with even more True Grit and Quick Adjust!

Ring: I use the Bresciani Ring, or was it the Bresciani Signet? I don't really remember.

Pet: The ideal pet should boost you rather than itself. Try looking for one that gives Burst Fire!

I hope I was able to help you! Good luck gear hunting!
Death's Bargain has some drawbacks, though. The amount of health you get back isn't very good, plus there's the danger of draining a companion or team mate; I've seen times when this accessory has caused a companion defeat! It also triggers Witchhunter, so in my opinion, this isn't a good choice.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
1 of my 2 pirates I have had for a long time is my Level 70 Musketeer Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg. Here is some of what her setup is like:

Outfit: English Bill's Obsidian Jacket: Gives Quick Draw and True Grit 2

Weapon: Haywire Thunder Rifle: Gives Haywire Shot and Sniper Shot

These are the 2 main items I would definitely recommend, the others items you have are a little more flexible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Another good choice is:
Titanic Boots ( Hydra drop ) level 60
+12 agility
+11 dodge
Grants: Leviathan's Call
and on pets - getting a pet with Eagle Eyes will expand your range ( as long as it's next to you )

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
In terms of learning powers, I find it a good idea to learn - of all things - Witch Hunter. Learning it will cost you 4 Practice Points. Simply train up to Staffy Weapons 2, then learn Witch Hunter from the Clandestine Trainer Kurotadori. (You could also get it from a pet if you want.) I find it a good idea because that way you can attack Witchdoctors, and they can't fight back!

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
I have bug at my character .I can't remove my monquista mask as well. please fix this.

Antonio Gerald

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Antonio Gerald on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
I have bug at my character .I can't remove my monquista mask as well. please fix this.

Antonio Gerald
To remove the Monkey Mask just change your badge. And maybe this post could be shifted to the Bilge Pump, moderators?

Administrator
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
To remove the Monkey Mask just change your badge. And maybe this post could be shifted to the Bilge Pump, moderators?
Moved!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yet another accessory:
Patch of Asterion's Ruin ( not sure who dropped this, but by the name, prob. Asterion in the Labyrith. ) level 60
Grants: Inferno Shot
+15 accuracy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
Moved!
Oh, dear, I didn't mean the whole thread, just the post I replied to.

Administrator
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
Oh, dear, I didn't mean the whole thread, just the post I replied to.
Oh! I'm afraid we cannot move individual posts around.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
Moved!
Actually, If it isn't too much hassle, I think this is meant to go in The Shipyards.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
blood flames & moo boots are always a great choice for witch/musket/privy. with old scratch to boost flames and bombs