Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Random is Random?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 02, 2015
for those who're wandering, this question is for the npcs that get recruited as companions and get randomized names afterwards (or probably even before then, i don't know). lets take the npc daisuke (the yakooza recruited from & by swashbucklers-only) for instance, he generates a randomized name after recruiting him but like really, what are the odds of them (randomly) generating their name (such as daisuke) back to what it originally was before being recruited?

i would guess (only guessing here) it would be zero to none but who knows? any thoughts or answer(s) even would be appreciated.

thank you very much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
pgomopc on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
for those who're wandering, this question is for the npcs that get recruited as companions and get randomized names afterwards (or probably even before then, i don't know). lets take the npc daisuke (the yakooza recruited from & by swashbucklers-only) for instance, he generates a randomized name after recruiting him but like really, what are the odds of them (randomly) generating their name (such as daisuke) back to what it originally was before being recruited?

i would guess (only guessing here) it would be zero to none but who knows? any thoughts or answer(s) even would be appreciated.

thank you very much.
I never really thought about it. A companion is a companion; I'm glad when I recruit one. But then there are companions with absolutely rotten names and it would be nice to be able to rename them.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
I never really thought about it. A companion is a companion; I'm glad when I recruit one. But then there are companions with absolutely rotten names and it would be nice to be able to rename them.
Ah yes, good ol' a n g r y c o t t o n d a l t o n! Such an elegant Toreador!

My brother got Two-gunned for the adjective in his companion's name.

(By his companion I meant his Toreador, I should've been more specific)