Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Life Behind a Loading Screen: Let's make stories!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Hello fellow pirates! To occupy our time until the next update comes out, I'm creating this thread so we can dream up Pirate101 tales as we see fit, linking them together or keeping them separate, being calm or crazy, centering on captain or crew. I'll just lay down some general guidelines:

Must have a beginning, middle, and end.

Must be related to Pirate101.

The entire story doesn't have to be in one post. You can keep it going for as long or little as you want.

The story must be sensible. No exploding islands!

Always make sure it stays within KingsIsle's guidelines on these message boards, whatever you do.

And above all, have fun making your story! The rest of us will enjoy seeing what you make!

So without further ado... start your storytelling!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
Hello fellow pirates! To occupy our time until the next update comes out, I'm creating this thread so we can dream up Pirate101 tales as we see fit, linking them together or keeping them separate, being calm or crazy, centering on captain or crew. I'll just lay down some general guidelines:

Must have a beginning, middle, and end.

Must be related to Pirate101.

The entire story doesn't have to be in one post. You can keep it going for as long or little as you want.

The story must be sensible. No exploding islands!

Always make sure it stays within KingsIsle's guidelines on these message boards, whatever you do.

And above all, have fun making your story! The rest of us will enjoy seeing what you make!

So without further ado... start your storytelling!
This is role playing ( even if you're calling it story telling ) and has been forbidden by KI on these boards for nearly 4 years.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
See post "Message Board Category Yarn Spinners" for One Eyed Jack's reply to why role play stories are no longer allowed.
Obviously, your post passed moderation because Bat Masterson was unaware of the ban.
Unless Bat wants to lift the ban on role plays?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
We were on Skull island, occupying a (somewhat) decent shack called Budd and Buddy's. It was our latest enterprise, where we take the most disgusting compost in the Spiral, such as batacuda heads, funky bananas, expired skarakeet eggnog, and April Gruel, to name a few. People actually pay us for it! While our manager, Bosun Budd, was having his afternoon meal - I mean managing the wastes, the rest of us were deep in discussion about a sorceress known only as The Salt Witch. She was former member of Captain Blood's crew. In her ship, the La Llorona, she would use her salty magics to place hexes on any boats that tried to stand in her master's way. Rumor has it that she's resurfaced since we slew her master, and has been horarding as many of her master's old possessions as she can.

El Toro: "And to top it all off, they're saying that that horrible bird means to start her master's work again, and terrorize the innocent! We must stop her now! For justice!"

Monkey King: "Hold up, big guy. We don't even know if the rumors are true. You fellows sunk her boat, right? She'd have a hard time getting around, wouldn't she?"

Rooster Cogburn: "Well, you runts can't not hang it up either. Captain Blood was the worst villain ever to sail Cool Ranch, and if this witch is still around, she could cause-"

"UUUURRRRPP! 'cough, hack', UUURRRPP! 'wheeze, cough', UUUUURRRRP, 'thump' Ahhhhh..."

Ratbeard: "BUDD! I don't care that you're the manager of this mess, in the Seven Skyway's, stop that awful... what the blazes is that?"

Administrator
We'll see how it goes... but any stories that lean toward any inappropriate suggestions, are in another language, and generally go against our rules and guidelines in any way will be removed and the opening of stories will close again.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
We'll see how it goes... but any stories that lean toward any inappropriate suggestions, are in another language, and generally go against our rules and guidelines in any way will be removed and the opening of stories will close again.
I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'll keep towards everything sensible, for everyone's sake!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
IMPORTANT: Due to message board regulations that I did not know about (Thanks for the heads-up Anecorbie), I am changing the subject of this topic. New theme? What are your favorite storyline quotes? Let's embrace the funny and see how many funny quotes we can dig up.

Example:

Catbeard, after playing the Lyre on Eagilles: "Did it work?"

Monkey King: "Nope. We're dead."

I wonder how many more will come from Monkey King...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
IMPORTANT: Due to message board regulations that I did not know about (Thanks for the heads-up Anecorbie), I am changing the subject of this topic. New theme? What are your favorite storyline quotes? Let's embrace the funny and see how many funny quotes we can dig up.

Example:

Catbeard, after playing the Lyre on Eagilles: "Did it work?"

Monkey King: "Nope. We're dead."

I wonder how many more will come from Monkey King...

No, Lookit Light, why not give this story telling a chance? I remember that some very good story telling was coming through the role plays & they were very enjoyable to take part in. This may be something for players to look forward to.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 10, 2019 wrote:

No, Lookit Light, why not give this story telling a chance? I remember that some very good story telling was coming through the role plays & they were very enjoyable to take part in. This may be something for players to look forward to.
I'll give it a shot...

(Continuing from where I left off)

What Ratbeard had noticed was that Bosun Budd had coughed up what appeared to be a rolled-up scroll covered in wax, that had somehow endured the horror that is Budd's stomach. Curious, we put on gloves (for obvious reasons) and cleared off the wax and grime. When we were finished, the scroll read as such:

Bosun Budd, if you can read by now, the Captain... mission for ye. He wants ye to attack... they've been trying to fight back lately. Take command of the... nice ship from Darkmoor that we got from the Duck... It should do the job nicely. There's treasure on board. You'll pretend to make peace with the soldiers, then attack. Talk to the... in that old Churchyard. She'll tell... where it is. Do it, and the Cap'n will reward ye. Fail, and he'll throw ye off the deck of that boat!

-Bloody Bob Barnes

P.S.: If you still can't read, have one of the others read it for ye. You're not ramming ships together again!

Rooster Cogburn: "Well, would you look at that, a note from his Blood days. From the looks of things, he got a ship from the Duck of Death."

Bonnie Anne: "Wait a moment. I just thought of something..."

Ratbeard: "Yes you did! There's treasure aboard! I say we go now and grab it!"

Bonnie Anne: " No, that's not what I meant! Didn't this Salt Witch have no ship? If she know about this, she may try to go and grab it."

El Toro: "You're right, my dear Anne! There's no time to waste, we must get there before she does!"

Catbeard: "Okay, fine. Budd, do you know where this ship is?"

Bosun Budd: "Uhhhhhh, what?"

"Do you know where this ship is?"

"Uhhhhh..."

"I don't think he remembers. The note mentions a Churchyard. Do you know where it is?"

Lucky Jack Russel: "I remember where it is. Let's go!"

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 10, 2019 wrote:

(OOC: Oh, I'd definitely look forward to this. I joined too late - after role playing had already been banned, and I was so distraught since I love writing and role playing. This'd be amazing. I'll craft something up sometime soon, hopefully. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
( continuing from Lookit Light's story. )

Silver Isis was packing up her spells and potion ingredients after her lesson with Madam Vadima. The sultry Gypsy woman drew her aside:
MV: "My dear student, you've progressed very well in the secrets of HooDoo. I think you may be able to help me..."

SI:" Yes, Madam?"
MV: " There is a strange stirring among the spirits, enemy we once thought defeated are casting their shadows once again, we must stop this."
Silver Isis waited expectantly.
MV: " You must return to the Haunted Skyway in Cool Ranch and seek out a young musketeer, I foresee he will have much trouble. Seek him in the graveyard of the abandoned church where you once spoke to Death. And beware! Not all you meet will be as it seems.."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Meanwhile, in the Haunted Skyway, Calamity Finch and her crew stopped off at the haunted graveyard to offer a chicken senorita a ride to Zeke. While there, she gave her tired crew a quiet shore leave, some choosing to nap ashore, others to play cards with the weasel gambler.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Anecorbie, I'm impressed you knew my Pirate was a Musketeer! Did you dig that up from another of my posts?

Anyway...

We left Budd and Buddy's, that smelly dump, and progressed to the main town (we put it away from the town, for everyone's sake). Arriving at the docks, I uncorked my ship; my Spiral-class Marleybone Galleon, the Mystic Protector. After some sailing that's too boring to put into detail, we cross through the Cool Ranch Stormgate. Turning towards the Santo Pollo Skyway for a shortcut, the discussion gets serious.

Ratbeard: "So, what will we do when we get there?"

Shiruku Neko: "We will search the island. Perhaps there is something there that will tell us more."

Old Scratch: "The cat is right. Already I can feel much time spent"

At that time we're in the Haunted Skyway. The Churchyard is visible in the distance. Catbeard is still trying to see if Budd remembers the boat in the note.

Catbeard: "A boat. A Darkmoor boat. Do you remember it?"

Bosun Budd: "Uhhhh... boat?"

"A boat, yes! In this letter. From the Duck of Death."

"Hehehe... quack!"

"No, not the duck, the boat! Ugh, I'll try this... DO YOU KNOW OF ANY BOAT?"

'Calmly munching on starfish'

"This is useless! I think he's trying to not know a thing! Oh! We're here! Let's see if he can remember now."

I step onto the dock of the churchyard, along with a scouting group consisting of Gracie Conrad, Shiruku Neko, Old Scratch, and others who are skilled at spotting small details. We spread out across the island, looking for anything worth noting, both inside and outside the church. The search last for at least an hour before something turns up.

"Captain my Captain, there be something among the graves!"

I come over to find Old Scratch standing by a tombstone, peering down by a small hole he had dug. Poking just above the dusty earth was what appeared to be the top of a cork!

Gracie Conrad: "Well done! At a glance, it's been here a long time. I wonder if it's message is still intact."

Old Scratch: "I think it is. More than the earth kept it here."

All of a sudden, our discover is halted by clanging bells from the ship. Coming over, I see Ratbeard on deck, shouting over:

"Captain, you want to see this. Another ship is coming!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
Anecorbie, I'm impressed you knew my Pirate was a Musketeer! Did you dig that up from another of my posts?

Anyway...

We left Budd and Buddy's, that smelly dump, and progressed to the main town (we put it away from the town, for everyone's sake). Arriving at the docks, I uncorked my ship; my Spiral-class Marleybone Galleon, the Mystic Protector. After some sailing that's too boring to put into detail, we cross through the Cool Ranch Stormgate. Turning towards the Santo Pollo Skyway for a shortcut, the discussion gets serious.

Shiruku Neko: "We will search the island. Perhaps there is something there that will tell us more."

At that time we're in the Haunted Skyway. The Churchyard is visible in the distance. Catbeard is still trying to see if Budd remembers the boat in the note.

"Hehehe... quack!"

"This is useless! I think he's trying to not know a thing! Oh! We're here! Let's see if he can remember now."

I step onto the dock of the churchyard, along with a scouting group consisting of Gracie Conrad, Shiruku Neko, Old Scratch, and others who are skilled at spotting small details. We spread out across the island, looking for anything worth noting, both inside and outside the church. The search last for at least an hour before something turns up.

I come over to find Old Scratch standing by a tombstone, peering down by a small hole he had dug. Poking just above the dusty earth was what appeared to be the top of a cork!

Gracie Conrad: "Well done! At a glance, it's been here a long time. I wonder if it's message is still intact."

All of a sudden, our discover is halted by clanging bells from the ship. Coming over, I see Ratbeard on deck, shouting over:

(OCC: your message board avatar is a musketeer It was just a guess I will need to know his name tough, for the story. ),

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
Lookit Light on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:

Anyway...

"Hehehe... quack!"

picking up from where you left off.....

noble valkoor hawkins: AVAST ME HEARTIES! GOLD!

cruel steven milford (other me aka my old account): there is NO gold.

noble v h: WARHARHAR! YE BEST BE PREPARED PEOPLE ON THAT THERE ISLAND

*sergeant shepherd , S.M. arson, cruel s m, Kan Po, and the valvida brothers board the island on their ship*

*noble v h follows shortly after*

*they encounter ratbeard*

noble v h: *uses mournsong* oh no you dont!

to be continued.... on the next post combined with this one!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
(OCC: your message board avatar is a musketeer It was just a guess I will need to know his name tough, for the story. ),
Alright, my Pirate is Merciless Brian Ornsley. I can't shake the feeling that I've seen a pirate with your name in-game before...

Anyway...

Peering through a spyglass, I see the ship that Ratbeard told me about. I can't see what kind it is yet, or who the crew moving around on board are. It does indeed seem to be moving in this direction, though. I give some orders to the watching crew.

"Ratbeard, Anne, move below decks. If they get close without a sign of peace, fire a warning volley from below. Rooster Cogburn, go with Budd, take him to the hold and keep and eye on him. This could be a Ghost Ship coming for him. The rest of you stay on deck!"

"Aye. Captain!"

With orders issues, I watch the coming ship. Shapes of the crew are now visible. I think I see a Water Mole on board, which is very odd. I still can't make out who the ship's Captain is... wait! They're doing something!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Swissmiss6000 on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
picking up from where you left off.....

noble valkoor hawkins: AVAST ME HEARTIES! GOLD!

cruel steven milford (other me aka my old account): there is NO gold.

noble v h: WARHARHAR! YE BEST BE PREPARED PEOPLE ON THAT THERE ISLAND

*sergeant shepherd , S.M. arson, cruel s m, Kan Po, and the valvida brothers board the island on their ship*

*noble v h follows shortly after*

*they encounter ratbeard*

noble v h: *uses mournsong* oh no you dont!

to be continued.... on the next post combined with this one!
If you don't mind, I don't want too many people in one story. I intend for that to be Anecorbie's ship. Could you start your own story, maybe? Not to be rude, but I don't want anyone else in my story. Sorry.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
If you don't mind, I don't want too many people in one story. I intend for that to be Anecorbie's ship. Could you start your own story, maybe? Not to be rude, but I don't want anyone else in my story. Sorry.
( Occ: No, no, this is what happens when you start a role play - it becomes very improv. You might take a look at the role play: A Night in Prison, that got a little strange in some places. :D And, I'm sorry, telling someone to leave is very rude. I can bring my pirate into the story another way. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
( Occ: Telling someone to leave [ unless they're breaking message board rules ] will make other players hesitant in joining in. Then you might miss some excellent turns to the story! )

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
Lookit Light on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
ok

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
When the Silver Viper entered the Haunted Skyway; Isis was roused from her meditations by Mormo. She came on deck and was greeted by Kawil Doomclaw.
KD: The abandoned church is straight ahead, Captain. But the docks seem a bit busy.
Gaspar de Vole looked amused.
GV: Maybe it'sa funeral, eh?
KD: Just as long as it isn't ours.
SI: now, I want you to behave as best as you can, crew. Some people get nervous around Witchdoctors; especially when they show knowledge of what's going to happen. Fortunately I have a letter for the musketeer from Madam Vadima introducing me.
Soon they made port at the already busy dock.

( OCC: I'm assuming that Calamity and Swissmiss are there. )

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
When the Silver Viper entered the Haunted Skyway; Isis was roused from her meditations by Mormo. She came on deck and was greeted by Kawil Doomclaw.
KD: The abandoned church is straight ahead, Captain. But the docks seem a bit busy.
SI: now, I want you to behave as best as you can, crew. Some people get nervous around Witchdoctors; especially when they show knowledge of what's going to happen. Fortunately I have a letter for the musketeer from Madam Vadima introducing me.

Alright then, Calamity and Swissmiss are there.

The ship was drawing closer. but it wasn't showing any signs of hostility. In fact, it seemed to be coming with purpose, but not with harm for us. And I can finally see the form of the captain at the wheel... it's a girl, a human girl not unlike myself!

"Ahoy! Ratbeard, Anne, come on back out. The ship doesn't appear to be an enemy."

Ratbeard, shorty after coming up: "Argh, as you say, Cap'n, but I still think there's going to be a fight. I'm goin' round to the back of the island."

The boat was getting quite close now. I suspect it will be here in a few minutes. I order all hands on deck.

"That ship's going to be here in a few minutes. I want you all to be prepared for... What's that sound?"

There were sounds coming from behind the church. Sounds of... fighting!

Quickly, I run off deck and behind the church, where I'm greeted to a tremendous scuffle. A ship that had somehow escaped our notice was docked there, boarding planks connected to the island. Ratbeard was savagely fighting off a dog pirate, a zombie with a glowing sword, and a spooky scary skeletal Monquistador. All this was taken in in a moment, before with mighty battle cries, Goronado and Itzen Kaan charge these strange invaders. The dog and the zombie were knocked to the ground with one swipe of Goronado's fist, and Itzen Kaan picked up the bony monkey's skull, threw it away, and then toppled the body over.

"Avast! What's going on?"

Coming down one of the planks of the ship was another pirate, in captain's gear... and he has another young human!

"Who are you and why have you attacked my crew?" I ask, pointing my Sparckshooter at him and pointing at Ratbeard, who dazedly said "Har, I tells you there'd be a fight."

After some... encouragement by Goronado and the others (for most of the crew was there now.) We got some information out of him. His name was Noble Valkoor Hawkins and he had come here believing that treasure was hidden here.

Bonnie Anne: "Captain, I think we should give him a chance. He probably heard these rumors about the Salt Witch, too."

Although Ratbeard was very reluctant to do this (he had regained enough energy to protest again), we let the newcomer go, although we couldn't stop Ratbeard glaring down his back.

(Going to have to stop here. Busy and I'll continue soon.)

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:

(i'm on the back of the island btw)

noble's team walks and hides to the front of the island

noble v.h.: this is a stealth mission so be silent

sergeant shepherd runs to them

noble v.h.: *inhale* BOI

cruel s.m.: what part of STEALTH do you not understand!?!?

*their cover was blown*

noble v.h.: oh no

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
Alright then, Calamity and Swissmiss are there.

The ship was drawing closer. but it wasn't showing any signs of hostility. In fact, it seemed to be coming with purpose, but not with harm for us. And I can finally see the form of the captain at the wheel... it's a girl, a human girl not unlike myself!

"Ahoy! Ratbeard, Anne, come on back out. The ship doesn't appear to be an enemy."

Ratbeard, shorty after coming up: "Argh, as you say, Cap'n, but I still think there's going to be a fight. I'm goin' round to the back of the island."

The boat was getting quite close now. I suspect it will be here in a few minutes. I order all hands on deck.

"That ship's going to be here in a few minutes. I want you all to be prepared for... What's that sound?"

There were sounds coming from behind the church. Sounds of... fighting!

Quickly, I run off deck and behind the church, where I'm greeted to a tremendous scuffle. A ship that had somehow escaped our notice was docked there, boarding planks connected to the island. Ratbeard was savagely fighting off a dog pirate, a zombie with a glowing sword, and a spooky scary skeletal Monquistador. All this was taken in in a moment, before with mighty battle cries, Goronado and Itzen Kaan charge these strange invaders. The dog and the zombie were knocked to the ground with one swipe of Goronado's fist, and Itzen Kaan picked up the bony monkey's skull, threw it away, and then toppled the body over.

"Avast! What's going on?"

Coming down one of the planks of the ship was another pirate, in captain's gear... and he has another young human!

"Who are you and why have you attacked my crew?" I ask, pointing my Sparckshooter at him and pointing at Ratbeard, who dazedly said "Har, I tells you there'd be a fight."

After some... encouragement by Goronado and the others (for most of the crew was there now.) We got some information out of him. His name was Noble Valkoor Hawkins and he had come here believing that treasure was hidden here.

Bonnie Anne: "Captain, I think we should give him a chance. He probably heard these rumors about the Salt Witch, too."

Although Ratbeard was very reluctant to do this (he had regained enough energy to protest again), we let the newcomer go, although we couldn't stop Ratbeard glaring down his back.

(Going to have to stop here. Busy and I'll continue soon.)
Swissmiss, It's such a coincidence that you're description of where you are and what you're doing is so in match with the one I provided!

Anyway...

(Meanwhile, just before Valkoor's arrival, inside the church...)

The church was mostly empty, because most of us were on the ship. There was however, one person just entering. Bosun Budd had somehow managed to give Rooster Cogburn the slip, and was now exploring the Church.

"Ooooo, old."

Just then, Budd noticed something that wasn't old. Three figures were lying asleep in a shadowy corner. As Budd approached, one of the figures was roused by his smell.

"Oh?... What is it, Cap'n... AAAAAA!"

(A while later...)

Valkoor was now talking beside me, saying that he had heard a rumor about a witch and that he was sorry for fighting us and what's that ship doing docking?

The ship! In a flash, we were by the small dock. planks were lowered and the ship secured. within a minute, the girl I saw earlier was coming down from the deck.

Old Scratch: "I sense a great magic coming from this one. She be skilled in the art o' Hoodoo."

After greeting the girl, she hands me a letter. Strange sort of welcome, but I accept it. The letter read as such:

To whom it may concern:

Greetings, Captain, The cards have told me you will have trouble on your mission. This is Silent Isis. She is a student of mine, and I trust her to help you. Take her in your mission, and defeat the bloody darkness that threatens the skyways!

-Madame Vadima

(more later)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
(okay I can pick back up now)

Old Scratch: "Captain, I can feel a Mark on the paper. This really be from Vadima."

My crew and Valkoor's were watching the proceedings with interest, and Silent Isis and her crew seemed interested in Valkoor's party. Unfortunately, the moment was broken as Rooster Cogburn came barreling through.

"Cap'n, Budd's gone! Bad blind spot, the stinky mound went through a back door!"

No sooner had he finished talking then, with more shoving, the old church doors banged open. In the doorway was none other then Bosun Budd, and he was carrying three people! Strange... They don't look like the crew of anyone here. There was a Weasel with cards and poker chips falling out of his pockets, a struggling Frog Pirate, and a rather crazy-looking Monkey.

Bosun Budd: "Hehehe... Friends!"

Weasel Gambler: "HALP! Get this thing offa me! Please!"

Stunned by this sudden appearance, Ratbeard finally took his eyes off Valkoor.

"Where in the Seven Skyways did you lot spring from?

Weasel Gambler: "We'll tell ya everything! Just get him off us!"

Perplexed and interested, I order Budd to drop the three. The Weasel, Frog, and Monkey scramble away from Budd, before turning to me.

Frog: "Thank you. You don't know what he was like, I'll smell for days. Call me Tricky Vinny."

"Sorry for that, I'll try to keep Budd off of you. But where are you from?"

Weasel Gambler: "You wanna know? Alright, my cap'n's called Calamity Finch. She left us here while giving some Dixie Chick to someone. She said she'd use some mark she set up to come back for us. I think that's her now!"

In a giant cloud of smoke, a fourth ship appeared at the dock! In smaller clouds, people were appearing by the Graveyard. In the lead was a girl - another human girl! - followed by her crew. Hearing the sudden monkey sounds coming from her crazy primate, she turned towards us, and caught attention of the assembly near the dock.