Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Green Sale - Why not Caracticus?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Caracticus is a green crab companion in the Crown Shop -- is there a reason why he's not included in the sale?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
Caracticus is a green crab companion in the Crown Shop -- is there a reason why he's not included in the sale?

There is. Caracitcus' color on his shell is not green. It's more like turquoise or aqua, much of it is bluish-green.

You're still not sure the difference. Try running a color comparison between those colors & Caracticus'. Didn't take much color studying to recognize it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Trimond297 on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
There is. Caracitcus' color on his shell is not green. It's more like turquoise or aqua, much of it is bluish-green.

You're still not sure the difference. Try running a color comparison between those colors & Caracticus'. Didn't take much color studying to recognize it.
Okay, well, this color study may depend on the quality of our monitors, but on my screen he's GREEN -- maybe a bluish-green, but definitely not aqua or turquoise. He is much darker than those shades.

Maybe Caracticus will make the sale next year...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 14, 2019 wrote:
Okay, well, this color study may depend on the quality of our monitors, but on my screen he's GREEN -- maybe a bluish-green, but definitely not aqua or turquoise. He is much darker than those shades.

Maybe Caracticus will make the sale next year...

Definitely not turquoise or aqua, I would say he was teal; in any case this is "green enough" to be included in the sale. Most especially, when you consider the colors of Dan Drake ( dark olive ) or the Crokagator mount ( yellow-green ).
There are many shades of green.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Yeah, he is green. I have a HD monitor so I can confirm that he is indeed dark green.