Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clarification on the strength of Creature Summons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Hello all,
I've scrounged through the message boards for a bit now trying to dig up as much info as possible on this subject, but I figured I'd make a new post in hopes that someone could just give me the answer straight.

Question: When summoning via item card or trained power, what effects the overall power of those summons? Does your Spooky talent effect both item and trained summons? Does Will come into play at all? Do both Spooky and Will have an effect?

My snooping has led me to believe that item summons are affected by Will but NOT your Spooky level, whereas trained summons are affected by Will and Spooky both.

Any kind of clarification on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Merciful Ethan lvl 70

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A couple of years ago, flash33 was working on a guide to summoned creatures over on Pirate101 Central, and there were a couple of discussion threads about how high boosted Will could increase the level of the creatures. Spell Power didn't seem to enter his equation at the time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
toontower on Feb 24, 2019 wrote:
Hello all,
I've scrounged through the message boards for a bit now trying to dig up as much info as possible on this subject, but I figured I'd make a new post in hopes that someone could just give me the answer straight.

Question: When summoning via item card or trained power, what effects the overall power of those summons? Does your Spooky talent effect both item and trained summons? Does Will come into play at all? Do both Spooky and Will have an effect?

My snooping has led me to believe that item summons are affected by Will but NOT your Spooky level, whereas trained summons are affected by Will and Spooky both.

Any kind of clarification on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Merciful Ethan lvl 70
Summons ( generally ) aren't as strong as pets, applying buffs after you summon will help them be a bit more effective, mostly they are best used as a distraction for enemies in PVE.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Thank you both for the reply

Willowydream: I believe I stumbled across the link to the PCentral page where his findings were posted via screen captures. And yes, I believe that his calculations did not involve the Spooky Power. But, I wasn't sure if anyone had tested for both (I could probably stop being lazy and test these things myself ).

Anecorbie: Yes I'm well aware that pets tend to be stronger than summons once pets have been leveled to max, but I was more curious as to how strong I could make the creatures I summon for use in PvE and PvP content.

Now that I've thought about it, it's probably easier to just test these things myself . I will update this thread with my findings for both Will and Spooky summons. I appreciate both of your help!

Community Leader
Trained Summons: Spell power and Will affect them
Item Card Summons: Only Will affects them

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP