Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Parrot Mount

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I took a little time away from gaming in general, but upon returning to P101, I was told that the Pirate Parrot Mount that I got with the Boochbeard Bundle, had been made available to everyone through some kind of give-away. Please tell me this isn't true.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Personally, I don't even like the Pirate Parrot mount, so the fact that there is a similar rental version available is no worry to me.

I would love it (if we ever get Castle Tours for Pirate101) if the Volcano Island became available in a Throwback Thursday, or even the Cat Pirate Companion -- I would love to be able to get them for my other pirates and second account.

Exclusivity is over-rated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
I took a little time away from gaming in general, but upon returning to P101, I was told that the Pirate Parrot Mount that I got with the Boochbeard Bundle, had been made available to everyone through some kind of give-away. Please tell me this isn't true.
It is only available as a rental drop in the presents during the Birth-O-Ween celebration. And there are other versions available during Christmas.

Your Pirate Parrot mount is still "unique" as a permanent mount.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
Personally, I don't even like the Pirate Parrot mount, so the fact that there is a similar rental version available is no worry to me.

I would love it (if we ever get Castle Tours for Pirate101) if the Volcano Island became available in a Throwback Thursday, or even the Cat Pirate Companion -- I would love to be able to get them for my other pirates and second account.

Exclusivity is over-rated.

But KI retired that bundle, and bringing it back would be against what was told to those who bought this bundle ( ie - never coming back ).
Reskinned versions of the mount as a rental is ok, but bringing the entire bundle back is not.
I like the Pirate Parrot, it's animations and it's smooth flying;I would love to see another ( totally different ) mount based on it. Say, a Pirate Cockatoo, like Horatio?
Exclusivity is sometimes appreciated as a reward for loyalty.

P.S. I wasn't able to buy this bundle. But I would never argue for it's return.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
But KI retired that bundle, and bringing it back would be against what was told to those who bought this bundle ( ie - never coming back ).
Reskinned versions of the mount as a rental is ok, but bringing the entire bundle back is not.
I like the Pirate Parrot, it's animations and it's smooth flying;I would love to see another ( totally different ) mount based on it. Say, a Pirate Cockatoo, like Horatio?
Exclusivity is sometimes appreciated as a reward for loyalty.

P.S. I wasn't able to buy this bundle. But I would never argue for it's return.
I didn't say the bundle should return, but elements from the bundle could certainly be re-used without any complaint from me, just like the Pirate Parrot mount (which I don't like how it flies at all) being cloned. The Skarakeet pet could arguably have returned in the class-based Raptors.

How many active players here are Boochbeard Bundle owners? A handful? A very small club are we, with no opportunity to invite new members. Why is that a good thing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
I didn't say the bundle should return, but elements from the bundle could certainly be re-used without any complaint from me, just like the Pirate Parrot mount (which I don't like how it flies at all) being cloned. The Skarakeet pet could arguably have returned in the class-based Raptors.

How many active players here are Boochbeard Bundle owners? A handful? A very small club are we, with no opportunity to invite new members. Why is that a good thing?

When a company says a certain item is a once in a life time item, then that company must stick to their word or there will be no trusting them. This is a permanently retired bundle and that includes ALL parts of that bundle.
Just look at the reaction of Spiral Cowboy's opening post or Butterblitz in his post, "Paramount Parrot Mount",( I think it was ) when it is just the mount as a rental that KI released.
And it's possible to get a cat pirate reskin now with the Spirits of Yuletide pack.

What do you think that small "club" will say if KI released portions of that bundle? Wouldn't they have a legitimate complaint? That bundle was 3X the price of ordinary bundles, you know.
Perhaps instead of KI breaking their word a new bundle, released for the 7th year birthday celebration would be a better idea?

P.S. to each their own taste, I really like that Parrot mount and I have a bunch of rentals stashed in my bank ready to use ( if I EVER get to quest again....)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:

I know my mom is one of them, but I unfortunately am not. How I would jump on the opportunity to get a Cat Pirate...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Listen, I do understand players wanting items from that bundle - I want a few of them, too. But that bundle was marketed as to be permanently retired & never coming back for a reason. It was an offer to those who wanted to show support for KI's new game, it was an incentive.
That KI has generously allowed the Pirate Parrot ( & variations ) to appear as rental drops from presents during our Birthday & Christmas celebrations is beside the point. KI has also made a Cate Pirate reskin in the Spirits of Yuletide pack. That cat is entirely different in looks to the Cat Pirate.

This doesn't mean that it's now OK to ask for parts of that bundle to "come back" or be offered as a "Throw Back".
Willowydream, I know you wouldn't protest if KI did this, ( as generous as you are ), but you can't speak for every Boochbeard Bundle purchaser; from the reactions of the opening post and others, I believe that KI would be in serious trouble if this should happen.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
When a company says a certain item is a once in a life time item, then that company must stick to their word or there will be no trusting them. This is a permanently retired bundle and that includes ALL parts of that bundle.
Just look at the reaction of Spiral Cowboy's opening post or Butterblitz in his post, "Paramount Parrot Mount",( I think it was ) when it is just the mount as a rental that KI released.
And it's possible to get a cat pirate reskin now with the Spirits of Yuletide pack.

What do you think that small "club" will say if KI released portions of that bundle? Wouldn't they have a legitimate complaint? That bundle was 3X the price of ordinary bundles, you know.
Perhaps instead of KI breaking their word a new bundle, released for the 7th year birthday celebration would be a better idea?

P.S. to each their own taste, I really like that Parrot mount and I have a bunch of rentals stashed in my bank ready to use ( if I EVER get to quest again....)
I remember very well the cost of the bundle, thank you. And yes, to each their own -- I'm glad you enjoy riding that high flying mount.

As I said, I could not care less if Kingsisle "broke their word" about the bundle being permanently retired. Many corporations throughout history have given in to popular demand to stay in business. Unfortunately, trust is not something Kingsisle really has a lot of with Pirate101 players at the moment, mostly due to lack of storyline updates.

If other Boochbeard owners complain, that's their right, but if the Parrot Mount or Cat Pirate Companion was announced as available in the Crown Shop as part of Book 16's arrival, I know that many players would NOT complain at all. - they'd open up their Crowns purse and buy them. I myself would add a Cat Pirate on just about every crew of mine because I love his flair.

Keeping Pirate101 afloat is my main concern at this point, not having exclusive items.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 13, 2019 wrote:
I remember very well the cost of the bundle, thank you. And yes, to each their own -- I'm glad you enjoy riding that high flying mount.

As I said, I could not care less if Kingsisle "broke their word" about the bundle being permanently retired. Many corporations throughout history have given in to popular demand to stay in business. Unfortunately, trust is not something Kingsisle really has a lot of with Pirate101 players at the moment, mostly due to lack of storyline updates.

If other Boochbeard owners complain, that's their right, but if the Parrot Mount or Cat Pirate Companion was announced as available in the Crown Shop as part of Book 16's arrival, I know that many players would NOT complain at all. - they'd open up their Crowns purse and buy them. I myself would add a Cat Pirate on just about every crew of mine because I love his flair.

Keeping Pirate101 afloat is my main concern at this point, not having exclusive items.

It would just add to my list of disappointment in KI policy for the last 3 years.

But, yes, I would certainly buy that Cat Pirate and Parrot Mount & and the Volcano house on all my pirates if KI brought back portions of this bundle. In my opinion though, it would be a shame.
A few new bundles and packs would accomplish this without a loss of integrity.