Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting companions from booster packs is impossibl

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
does anyone knkw the drop rate for getting companions from booster packs? Extremely impossible, like, i literally have ALL the weapons from the ashes of the armada booster back, including 8 Kraven Blades, but can never get the haywire OP companions, why is this lol, is it because I’m max level and its impossible?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I haven't been successful in getting a single companion from the Ashes of the Armada pack either. I'm still missing a couple of the companions from the Tribal Crew Pack, if that makes you feel any better.

Luck is a very fickle thing, and the drop rate for companions is certainly very low.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
does anyone knkw the drop rate for getting companions from booster packs? Extremely impossible, like, i literally have ALL the weapons from the ashes of the armada booster back, including 8 Kraven Blades, but can never get the haywire OP companions, why is this lol, is it because I’m max level and its impossible?
Your level has NO effect on the chance of recruiting a companion from a pack. The chances of receiving a companion is random, but players have speculated that it's a 1 in 100 chance per pack. Which means that the chance resets for every pack you buy.
Pack companion recruitment is NOT impossible or no one would have them. There are those who spend literally thousands to get just one, others are so lucky they get them within a few packs.
Don't obsess over this subject to the point of throwing all your crowns away. Play the odds, choose a limit to your spending. For example buy only 5 packs, if a companion doesn't show up, then don't continue. Spread out your pack purchases over a few days. If you're not lucky on one day, try next week or a month from then.
I would love to be able to trade you my Haywire Marine ( I never wanted an Armada companion ), yet I had the "luck" to get him. ( And I'm max level. )

I also have Itzen Kaahn ( Tribal ) and Khord ( Griz ). But I got them only through NOT spamming packs, just buying here and there, when I had a few spare crowns.
P.S. Haywire companions are not OP, with the right skills and strategy you or even one of your recruited game companions can defeat them!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
It's completely random and very rare. I only got my Haywire Battle Anger after innumerable pack openings, and my Itzen Kaan by complete chance. If you're looking for slightly better chances, look for the Grizzly Beast pack, because it has the most companions, and therefore, the relatively highest chance.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 5, 2019 wrote:
I haven't been successful in getting a single companion from the Ashes of the Armada pack either. I'm still missing a couple of the companions from the Tribal Crew Pack, if that makes you feel any better.

Luck is a very fickle thing, and the drop rate for companions is certainly very low.

A factor that is, indeed, very fickle. I got one Beastmaster companion by sheer luck, which I was happy, to be honest. Many times trying, I got common items.

Getting booster pack companions, not impossible. Chances of obtaining them really vary among numerous people who buy them. But that doesn't mean you can't give up, nor go overboard. Just hang in there. I'm sure that one day, you'll win another booster pack companion. Have faith.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Trimond297 on Mar 2, 2019 wrote:
A factor that is, indeed, very fickle. I got one Beastmaster companion by sheer luck, which I was happy, to be honest. Many times trying, I got common items.

Getting booster pack companions, not impossible. Chances of obtaining them really vary among numerous people who buy them. But that doesn't mean you can't give up, nor go overboard. Just hang in there. I'm sure that one day, you'll win another booster pack companion. Have faith.
Thanks for the support. I had intended to buy some packs during the most recent palooza, but was Crowns-poor at that point (and enthusiasm for packs is also waning). Hopefully the next pack sale brings me the luck I need.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
why would level have anything to do with it? you're also comparing something with rare variety with something with epic variety.

I've gotten 3 pack comps from ki live packs. it's pure luck lol

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for the support. I had intended to buy some packs during the most recent palooza, but was Crowns-poor at that point (and enthusiasm for packs is also waning). Hopefully the next pack sale brings me the luck I need.

You're welcome. And good luck.