Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The old scratch level 70 promotion is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 28, 2018
I have tried it so many times and have decided it is to hard . You can't even team up? Does anyone have ant tips?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
taneishag22 on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
I have tried it so many times and have decided it is to hard . You can't even team up? Does anyone have ant tips?
You can actually look for other pirates who either have the same quest or team up with those who have completed it. I've often seen pirates in Avery's Court collecting a team for the dungeon.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
1. Fort your pirate turn 1. The damage doom does is too high, fort helps
2. Witch Hunter, it's broken, and completely shuts down witchdoctors. Abuse it.
Also what class are you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
taneishag22 on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
I agree, it is too hard. Although Willowydream's advice is good, there is a problem with it as most players farming the Nightmare Dungeons aren't interested in Old Scratch. The best way for you is to ask for a party of experienced players to join you in this dungeon.
I can be on-line ( on my Privateer, Marian Kidd ), this Saturday, Jan. 19th at the time and server you say. ( Please include your time zone. ) And I appeal to those marauders who wish to help this pirate to join us!
Don't worry if you don't have a key, I have plenty!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, do you want help? Let me know if we can meet and do this dungeon together.

Ensign
Mar 28, 2018
I am a swashbuckler. And I don't know how to ask in the chat as i haven't seen a 'can you help me in a battle' button and don't know how to get to the open chat (if there is one).

Ensign
Mar 28, 2018
I would love your help very much but i don't know what time as i may be one day ahead of you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
taneishag22 on Jan 18, 2019 wrote:
I would love your help very much but i don't know what time as i may be one day ahead of you
That is a dilemma; what about I come on line starting Monday ( USA ) either early morning ( 6 a.m. central ) or late evening? ( say nine p.m. Central? ) I will be on Morgan Lafitte server on Scrimshaw dock and I can wait about an hour. Can that work for you?
I used to team with a young man from Middle Europe a lot.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If we can't meet I do have a few suggestions:
Henchmen ( if you have the crowns )
DOUBLOONS! Magic Resistance, Shield Wall, Sluggish or any summons; Jack Rabbit Juju and don't forget to use those healing doubloons! Critical doubloons work too.
1. By your message board avatar, I'm assuming you are a swashbuckler, Black Fog is critical here as Old Scratch doesn't use his Doom Mojo if there is no target.
2. Concentrate your attack on Mr. Norton ( zombie buccaneer ), he acts as a privateer by buffing and healing, you want to keep him from buffing Scratch's powers. ( one unlucky critical and everyone is defeated. )

3. THEN take down Old Scratch and Bones McCoy ( his summons aren't very powerful ).
Some companion suggestions:
Ratbeard is very tough and can take a lot of damage.
El Toro is necessary to you for his Esprit. Just be prepared to lose him.
Another tough companion is Subodai.
Although Fan, Sarah or Contessa Argento are powerful, they are too easily defeated. One hit and they're gone.
Gear: if you have the gear that gives Assassin's Stride, this a good way to reach Old Scratch's position quickly or if you have Sato's Black Rain shades this will do well, also.
I haven't been able to solo this dungeon, I have only done it by "double boxing" or by using a henchman. I HAVE promoted Old Scratch across 2 accounts, though so I have some insight to this fight.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
anecorbie on Jan 15, 2019 wrote:
I agree, it is too hard. Although Willowydream's advice is good, there is a problem with it as most players farming the Nightmare Dungeons aren't interested in Old Scratch. The best way for you is to ask for a party of experienced players to join you in this dungeon.
I can be on-line ( on my Privateer, Marian Kidd ), this Saturday, Jan. 19th at the time and server you say. ( Please include your time zone. ) And I appeal to those marauders who wish to help this pirate to join us!
Don't worry if you don't have a key, I have plenty!
Well, I'm joining this party with you and Tanieshag22. I'll be on around 3pm EST on the Avery server on my Privateer, Fiery Rachel Gordon.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I agree with this. Not even Captain Hande was that difficult; it was an adequate difficulty. I can't even complete it with another pirate; I have to wait for a full team and persuade them to do it with me. Thankfully, I've completed it with all my 6 pirates, so I don't have to touch it again unless I decide to do it on my alt account.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I am a swashbuckler. And I don't know how to ask in the chat as i haven't seen a 'can you help me in a battle' button and don't know how to get to the open chat (if there is one).
Open chat is available if you're over 18 years and have a valid credit card with KingsIsle. You can get Text chat if you're 13 years old or older. Contact Support from the Help menu to find out how you can get it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FairLady1882 on Jan 19, 2019 wrote:
Well, I'm joining this party with you and Tanieshag22. I'll be on around 3pm EST on the Avery server on my Privateer, Fiery Rachel Gordon.
Unfortunately, because of the delay of these posts, we need to try another day and time.