Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Confession of a Clueless Pirate - Hull Repair

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Ok I've been to embarrassed to admit this, but I"m pretty much clueless on ship gear. My main question revolves around Hull Repair, specifically the difference in the + 5 and +8 (or +2, +3 etc) Hull Repair.

What exactly is Hull repair and is it better to have a Higher Hull Repair number or lower?

To me it sounds like +8 would be 8 more seconds before you are able to repair your ship in battle so I've always stuck to the lower Hull Repair, but maybe it's meaning the ship will "heal" 8 seconds sooner.

Please help this clueless Pirate

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In Search of Yum on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Ok I've been to embarrassed to admit this, but I"m pretty much clueless on ship gear. My main question revolves around Hull Repair, specifically the difference in the + 5 and +8 (or +2, +3 etc) Hull Repair.

What exactly is Hull repair and is it better to have a Higher Hull Repair number or lower?

To me it sounds like +8 would be 8 more seconds before you are able to repair your ship in battle so I've always stuck to the lower Hull Repair, but maybe it's meaning the ship will "heal" 8 seconds sooner.

Unfortunately, you've had that backwards. Hull Repair is one of those stats that increase as you upgrade your ship and its equipment, so a larger number is more desirable.

I don't think it's a timer function, but a flat increase in the actually healing of your ship as you recover from damage. Your ship starts with a base Hull Repair stat and will heal just a bit faster with a higher Hull Repair bonus from equipment, but the best place to heal without using a ship power is in the windlane, where the Hull Repair rates are doubled.

[ship icon]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:

I believe that the higher the number means the more your ship is repaired.