Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Monkey Business, a pack idea

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been thinking that if we return to Monquista, it would be a great idea to have a pack representing this world. Although most classes receive a monkey companion, musketeers do not.
The Monkey Business Pack:
A chance for rare companions
A Lemur ( swashbuckler )
A Proboscus Monkey ( witchdoctor )
An Orangatan ( privateer )
A Mandrill ( buccaneer )
Snow Monkey ( musketeer )
New Housing Items - the Banana Globe ( if it can snow or shower glitter, why not bananas? ) & a pile of bananas.
Mounts? Well, we already have Gorilla mounts in the Brawlin' Hall, why does it have to be an ape? Try the Barrel of Monkeys! You are rolling on a barrel and it makes monkey noises; or the banana car ( one seater car that looks like a banana on wheels.)
Pets? Golden Lion Tamarind.
As well as wall papers, flooring, etc from Monquista, treasures and Tomes

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Wahahahaha, it makes me laugh! Lemurs? They should be on an island isolated from the rest of Monquista. Yes, raining bananas! I'd make it be around a pile like in La Mancha. I don't see mandrills or orangutans fitting in. Maybe chimpanzees? And the Golden Lion Tamarind? Hilarious! But a tamarind is a fruit, how do you fit that in?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Wahahahaha, it makes me laugh! Lemurs? They should be on an island isolated from the rest of Monquista. Yes, raining bananas! I'd make it be around a pile like in La Mancha. I don't see mandrills or orangutans fitting in. Maybe chimpanzees? And the Golden Lion Tamarind? Hilarious! But a tamarind is a fruit, how do you fit that in?
It is a small monkey-like animal from the South American jungles. It has long golden-orange fur Look it up, it's a very cute animal.
While lemurs aren't "monkeys" they are monkey-like enough. Mandrills and Orangs ARE primates, like Gorillas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Oops! mispelling error, it's "tamarin" no d. Also known as a Golden Marmoset.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
I've been thinking that if we return to Monquista, it would be a great idea to have a pack representing this world. Although most classes receive a monkey companion, musketeers do not.
The Monkey Business Pack:
A chance for rare companions
A Lemur ( swashbuckler )
A Proboscus Monkey ( witchdoctor )
An Orangatan ( privateer )
A Mandrill ( buccaneer )
Snow Monkey ( musketeer )
New Housing Items - the Banana Globe ( if it can snow or shower glitter, why not bananas? ) & a pile of bananas.
Mounts? Well, we already have Gorilla mounts in the Brawlin' Hall, why does it have to be an ape? Try the Barrel of Monkeys! You are rolling on a barrel and it makes monkey noises; or the banana car ( one seater car that looks like a banana on wheels.)
Pets? Golden Lion Tamarind.
As well as wall papers, flooring, etc from Monquista, treasures and Tomes
Let's include some house guests:
Aristocratic gentlemonkey & ladymonkey, "monkey monks" and bishop, Monquisitors ( NO one expects the Monquistion! )

More House Items ideas:
Stained glass windows as found in San Mandrillo Cathedral, Puerto Mico ( and there's your proof that Mandrills fit in, LookitLight! )
That lovely carpet in the Queen's Tower, Saint Bonobo's.
Saint statue.
Gear set, anyone?
I have always wanted to keep that monkey outfit we first wore to visit the Governor in Puerto Mico.
So 3 sets that enhance the basic stats for all classes.
Swash/Musket's set - boosts agility, & accuracy + dodge

Bucky's set - boosts strength & armor + health

WD/Priv's set - boosts will & health + resist.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Let's include some house guests:
Aristocratic gentlemonkey & ladymonkey, "monkey monks" and bishop, Monquisitors ( NO one expects the Monquistion! )

More House Items ideas:
Stained glass windows as found in San Mandrillo Cathedral, Puerto Mico ( and there's your proof that Mandrills fit in, LookitLight! )
That lovely carpet in the Queen's Tower, Saint Bonobo's.
Saint statue.
Gear set, anyone?
I have always wanted to keep that monkey outfit we first wore to visit the Governor in Puerto Mico.
So 3 sets that enhance the basic stats for all classes.
Swash/Musket's set - boosts agility, & accuracy + dodge

Bucky's set - boosts strength & armor + health

WD/Priv's set - boosts will & health + resist.
Ah, I know very well about tamarins, too. Equal blame?

I still don't quite agree with Orangutans and mandrills. Monquista is a Spanish setting, while orangutans are from Borneo and Sumatra, and Mandrills from Africa. It just doesn't fit!

House guests are a yes! I've always loved collecting House Guests on my Wizard and would love to see them incorporated here.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I know of at least one pirate who would go broke buying these packs. Not that he really, really likes monkeys or anything like that.

If P101 were to make these packs, I'd buy a lot, and Indigo would buy even more.

That monkey suit from Puerto Mico would be wonderful even just the clothes and you could stitch what you want to it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Ah, I know very well about tamarins, too. Equal blame?

I still don't quite agree with Orangutans and mandrills. Monquista is a Spanish setting, while orangutans are from Borneo and Sumatra, and Mandrills from Africa. It just doesn't fit!

House guests are a yes! I've always loved collecting House Guests on my Wizard and would love to see them incorporated here.
Yet, they're all "monkeys" & Spain had colonies throughout Asia. Perhaps you would prefer Baboons? I just thought that Mandrlls ( with their colorful faces ) would be more interesting.
Post Edit: I don't know why you insist that these apes/monkeys don't fit. There are no monkeys native to Spain. But the monkeys/apes I've included in the pack all come from Spanish colonies during Spain's era of Exploration. Africa was rounded (and Spanish sailors traded with people in Africa and along the India Ocean coast ).well before Columbus "discovered" the New World.
Since there is a San Mandrillo and a land called Gibbonia in the game, it would seem that KI could use any monkey/ape from our world and call them Monquistan.
I could have used Gibbons instead of Macaques ( snow monkey ) and both originate in Asia/Japan but I wouldn't expect them to be MooShuan ( although they could ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
I know of at least one pirate who would go broke buying these packs. Not that he really, really likes monkeys or anything like that.

If P101 were to make these packs, I'd buy a lot, and Indigo would buy even more.

That monkey suit from Puerto Mico would be wonderful even just the clothes and you could stitch what you want to it.
It was for Indigo that I included the Orangatang ( I remember his "Banana Brigade" ). Plus they're very interesting creatures.
Ook, Ook!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Yet, they're all "monkeys" & Spain had colonies throughout Asia. Perhaps you would prefer Baboons? I just thought that Mandrlls ( with their colorful faces ) would be more interesting.
Post Edit: I don't know why you insist that these apes/monkeys don't fit. There are no monkeys native to Spain. But the monkeys/apes I've included in the pack all come from Spanish colonies during Spain's era of Exploration. Africa was rounded (and Spanish sailors traded with people in Africa and along the India Ocean coast ).well before Columbus "discovered" the New World.
Since there is a San Mandrillo and a land called Gibbonia in the game, it would seem that KI could use any monkey/ape from our world and call them Monquistan.
I could have used Gibbons instead of Macaques ( snow monkey ) and both originate in Asia/Japan but I wouldn't expect them to be MooShuan ( although they could ).
Baboons would be more acceptable, by far! Also, remember "Gibbonia"? Not exactly Spanish, but I'm happy with it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok! I do want players to be happy with a pack ( even a suggestion, not-yet-in-the-game & probably never to be in the game, pack ).
So updated companions:
Lemur
Gibbon ( female )
Orangatan
Baboon
&
Macaque