Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is Valencia 2 so difficult, than any key boss

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
The game doesnt have much players meaning i have to solo everything, the damage the enemies in valencia 2 deal eith is too much, especially when one has to quest solo because noone will help and stuff like that, and why does it cost way too much coins just to revive a companion off their bed rest, its really not fair bow im level 68 going on max and im still doing damage that’s under 100 even, even with the best gear, and these enemies can be lower level and do more than 500 to 4k damage, this also needs to be adjusted. If strength makes the weapon power go up why doesnt the actual damage dealt is that much by the weapon power, especially when we buff it many times, and why do i not critical as much like how im suppose to either? Another thing as we need more epics on the high level companions since they dont have promotions and one last thing as an issue to all of this: why doesnt the physical and spell resists doesnt do much help at all in this world, the highest one can possibly go is 70 or something but attacks still be more than a thousand, which this is very bad because its not by percentage, its by how much it actually absorbs, which was fine with mooshu and below but thats it.
I just dont get how these enemies thats way above level 70 arent doing damage this bad.
Stormy Brand, (max lvl by now)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Okay, you're in a dilemma.

First, you need a weapon and gear with high damage. For both, I suggest the Tower of Moo Manchu or the Haywire Dreadnaut. They're one of the few areas that consistently has a team doing them, and the gear there is top quality.

Second, for companions. I'd suggest, at this level, putting Musketeers and Witchdoctors against melees, and melees against Musketeers (there are no Witchdoctor enemies in this world). What school are you? What ever it is, all players need companions that best fit their play style. For example, if you're a Swashbuckler who likes to have one big hit do the job, you'd want companions who can do it well, like Sarah Steele and Fan Flanders. or if you're a Musketeer who attacks from a distance, try Chantal Livingstone or Bonnie Anne.

I'f you still need Team Up, patience is key. Just wait, someone might show up eventually.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
The game doesnt have much players meaning i have to solo everything, the damage the enemies in valencia 2 deal eith is too much, especially when one has to quest solo because noone will help and stuff like that, and why does it cost way too much coins just to revive a companion off their bed rest, its really not fair bow im level 68 going on max and im still doing damage that’s under 100 even, even with the best gear, and these enemies can be lower level and do more than 500 to 4k damage, this also needs to be adjusted. If strength makes the weapon power go up why doesnt the actual damage dealt is that much by the weapon power, especially when we buff it many times, and why do i not critical as much like how im suppose to either? Another thing as we need more epics on the high level companions since they dont have promotions and one last thing as an issue to all of this: why doesnt the physical and spell resists doesnt do much help at all in this world, the highest one can possibly go is 70 or something but attacks still be more than a thousand, which this is very bad because its not by percentage, its by how much it actually absorbs, which was fine with mooshu and below but thats it.
I just dont get how these enemies thats way above level 70 arent doing damage this bad.
From your comments about strength, I'm assuming your a Buccaneer? It would be useful to know what class you're playing. Each had it's own strategies.

Valencia pt. 2 was a bit of a rude awakening for me too. I couldn't just face roll my way through content. I loved this.

You need to get used to using your other companions. By now, you probably have around two pages worth of companions, give or take. While resurrecting the occasional companion can be useful, you need to get used to companion death.

When you say you are having a hard time, do you mean that you are not even getting through fights, or that you are often losing companions?

Perhaps you are being too aggressive. As a (if that is the class you are playing) it can be easy to simply rush in, trying to brute force you way through. This is an easy way to lose companions. You might try playing defensively, taking advantage of Contessa's Gallant Defense to protect more valuable companions.

This game does have many players still active (especially on the weekends). You might try going to Avery's Court (in the Avery realm) and asking for help. You might be surprised at the response.

If you need help and catch me in-game, I might be willing to help you out.

Cedric Moone

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
I would suggest that you do a search of the message boards, especially the Valencia section. Other players having trouble with the difficulty leap of VA2 received good advice from other, experienced players.
You're level 68, do you have some unfinished or uncollected side quests that will give you extra experience or gold to level up some companions? If you do, then I suggest that you do them.
Reviving a high level companion is expensive, ( a Miracle ain't cheap, mate! ), but you can play with them wounded, only their health is affected, they have all their talents and epics still. Or you can try using another companion.
What is your gear? It sounds to me as if your gear set isn't giving you the damage you need. Who are you using? Are you stuck in just using your top 3? Sometimes mixing different companions with a changed strategy helps. More importantly, what is your class?

We need to know these things to perhaps give you advice on making it through VA2
And you WILL need to team-up when you go to face Kane!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Assuming you're a buccaneer, and hit duomo before writing this.

duomo and kane are the only real bad parts of this world, if you can, try to find a musketeer with overwatch 5 (completely shuts down anything in pve imo lol), that makes duomo a joke, when he uses scratch and uses bombs. If that's out of the question, get Fort Gear, along with extra protections. going to need to nullify as much damage as you can. This world is the worst for buccaneers, imo.

(a longshot, but if you have bloods coat, get old scratch to his second promotion, and abuse blood flames, another way to finish the game easily)