Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Hype!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Pirates, lets remember why we continue to love and play this game! Lets encourage new growth, and rather than complain, lets try to remember why we enjoy that we have.

What started you playing Pirate101?

When did you start playing Pirate101?

Why do you keep playing Pirate101?

What is your favorite thing about Pirate101?

What is your favorite world, companion, and even boss?

What is your favorite thing about the Pirate101 Community?

What is the one thing you would MOST like from the game in terms of new content?

Why do you keep playing?

-----
@Decius, Blind Mew, Falmea, Bat Masterson, and any other person who works for Kingsisle

What do you work on?

What is your favorite part of that job?

What are you must excited about in the new year? (Or would that be telling?)

What is your favorite World, Companion, and Boss?

Instead of new players coming to the message boards and finding players complaining about this game, lets keep it positive!

And if the creators of the game comment, I am sure pirates can realize that we and our needs are being heard!

Remember the coin we had to donate to Blind Mew to continue on in Port Regal? Someone mentioned in the Boards once that they would love to see more of that. Guess what? I think we have all seen the Diplomat quest where we pay for a "Priceless" item for the Unicorn Diplomat? They heard and responded there!

Stay Positive! Play on!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
Pirates, lets remember why we continue to love and play this game! Lets encourage new growth, and rather than complain, lets try to remember why we enjoy that we have.

What is the one thing you would MOST like from the game in terms of new content?

Why do you keep playing?

-----
@Decius, Blind Mew, Falmea, Bat Masterson, and any other person who works for Kingsisle

What do you work on?

Instead of new players coming to the message boards and finding players complaining about this game, lets keep it positive!

And if the creators of the game comment, I am sure pirates can realize that we and our needs are being heard!

Remember the coin we had to donate to Blind Mew to continue on in Port Regal? Someone mentioned in the Boards once that they would love to see more of that. Guess what? I think we have all seen the Diplomat quest where we pay for a "Priceless" item for the Unicorn Diplomat? They heard and responded there!

Stay Positive! Play on!
1. I came to Pirate101 from hearing about it from Wizard101.
2. Although I wasn't chosen for Beta, I began playing one week before the official launch date.
3. I keep playing because there isn't another game out there that's as good as this one ( even W101 ).
4. Many things, story line, good graphics, the battle system & companions.
5. The community is very helpful and open, I've been helped many times with strategy and I got a lot of assistance when I was trying to get the "Master of Moo" badge. Wonderful memories!
6. Side content - gardening, fishing, crafting, even monstrology, if KI can swing it. But we have asked and asked many times to KI and while Ratbeard said once that crafting was on his "to-do list" there hasn't been anything since.
7. I keep paying mostly so that I can post or respond on the message boards. To have my voice heard.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

Why do you keep playing?

-----

What do you work on?

Stay Positive! Play on!
What an idea! I'll have a go!

I've been playing this game since it was being Beta Tested, and I keep playing because the game is kind, friendly, and amazing!

My favorite thing about the game is how mush personality there is, how each individual character seems to be unique and has a special attribute all their own.

My favorite thing about this community is how friendly it is, that we can speak our mind and that the moderators listen to our ideas, and that I can help others when they need it!

Why do I keep playing? Well, with what I've said, the answer should be obvious!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Awesome answers! So good to hear from you both. I better do mine!

I started playing Pirate101 in 2013, because my cousin wanted to play online games with me to keep in touch.

I keep playing Pirate101 because I see a lot of potential in it-- and Because I still need to make a pirate of each kind Max Level!

My favorite thing about Pirate101 is likely the amazing art and stories! The worlds look so amazing, and the quest line always has me biting at the bit for the next quest, even after a few max characters!

My favorite worlds are super close, so I will just mention them all! Cool ranch has that amazing Western Theme that reminds me of watching the Lone Ranger and The Rifleman with my dad, where Aquila has the Greek and Roman mythology that I love yo read about. Skull Island- that is where we begin, and it always reminds me of the beginning of my quests!

My favorite companion would probably have to be Lucky Jack Russell! He is always positive, his outfits always look awesome, and he is a great hitter!

My favorite Boss is Captain Blood-- What an interesting storyline!

The Pirate101 Community is always there to help! If someone asks a question on the message boards, there is always several pirates who give their opinions! If you want to morph for a pet you don't have, there is always a friendly pirate who will do it for fun.

What would I like most? Well, I would love to go to Polaris or Grizzleheim, but fishing would be an excellent addition!

Why do I keep playing? Well, besides the fact I have spent a lot, I just really enjoy the game. I haven't found another game that I have enjoyed just as much, even Wizard101 isn't as good. I have a hope that this game will continue.

I hope to see more responses, including Bat Masterson's!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
1. I came over as a Wizard101 player (and I too prefer Pirate101 over Wizard101).

2. I started playing Pirate101 in Alpha (March 2012).

3. I keep playing to collect all the badges.

4. My absolute favorite thing about Pirate101 is the storyline. Blind Mew is fantastic.

5. My favorites are Marleybone, Hoodoo Cornelius and Kane.

6. The best aspect of the community is the resiliency.

7. For new content.....more storyline updates.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
What started you playing Pirate101? I heard about the new game as a Wizard101 player and signed up for the Beta Test, and have been playing ever since.

When did you start playing Pirate101? Beta

Why do you keep playing Pirate101? Being a wiki master on Pirate101 Central keeps me interested in playing various level pirates, discovering new information, training pets, helping new pirates, etc.

What is your favorite thing about Pirate101? My crews - the personalities and relationships, humor and winning battles with random combinations makes each and every battle completely different. Secondly, I love flying my ship along the skyways and windlanes, through stormgates, and using my ship powers in sinking enemy ships.

What is your favorite world, companion, and even boss? I enjoy all of the different worlds, it's the differences that make them all so interesting -- They are all beautiful and intricate, and have their great punny names for places and quests and such. My faavorite world is Cool Ranch, which I know a lot of players find to be too long, but I enjoy the western motifs. My favorite companion changes as I am playing. I do really enjoy both Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard as central characters, but Catbeard's attacks are hilarious! I think my favorite boss is actually Scylla, because it is uniquely nautical.

What is your favorite thing about the Pirate101 Community? Our positivity and dedication in helping new pirates who are finding the game.

What is the one thing you would MOST like from the game in terms of new content? New Content from 2018? It has to be the Quest Finder. This has been requested practically since the game began. Many side quests are hidden in out of the way places.

Why do you keep playing I keep playing because I still find much to enjoy about the game. I have multiple accounts so that each pirate, even though they are the same class as another, has made different choices for crew and gear and weapons.

Yar!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Why do you keep playing?

-----

What do you work on?

Stay Positive! Play on!
Oh-ho-ho! This is such an amazing idea! Let's rock this!

Q: What started you playing Pirate101?
A: Honestly, I wish I remembered, haha. I started playing quite a while ago, and I can only assume it was from a commercial I watched somewhere. *shrugs*

Q: When did you start playing Pirate101?
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Q: What is your favorite thing about Pirate101?
A: 1. The graphics. The graphics are amazing and so realistic. I remember when I first got to Aquila, and marveled when I saw the light reflecting on the marble floor. 2. The music. The music really makes you feel like you're a part of the game - the story. It reflects the Worlds that it plays in so well, and I commend the music-making team at KingsIsle, haha.

Q: What is your favorite World, Companion and even Boss?
A: Wow, great questions, Misty! As far as Worlds go... MooShu. Definitely MooShu. I had been there once or twice before I started questing in there, and I loved it already for its amazing sunsets and graphics. But once I began to quest there, I fell in love with the storyline, the dialogue, the new characters we meet, and everything about it! MooShu is by far my favorite, and Valencia comes a close second.

Q: What is your favorite thing about the Pirate101 Community?
A: Yet again, another good question, haha. I love the Pirate101 Community for its reputation of always helping people in quests. It seems that the people here on the Message Boards are always ready to help a new player in need. And if you also happen to mean the community in-game but not necessarily on the Message Boards, I have to say the same thing! There are just some Pirates you cannot forget - Pirates who help you quest, buy your first ever House, or even gift you your first permanent Mount... People you never forget.

(Continued...)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Why do you keep playing?

-----

What do you work on?

Stay Positive! Play on!
(...Continued...)

Q: What is the one thing you would most like from the game in terms of new content?
A: Hrm. That's a great question, and it depends on whose sake it's for, haha. For KingsIsle's sake, I'd want a new World, and if we dive deep into that, I'd absolutely want Polaris. We have some snow and ice in MooShu, sure, but a snowy World would be just plain awesome! But if it's just for my personal enjoyment (remember, I'm Max Level and I want to stay that way for hopefully a long time, so I can level up my other Pirates, haha), I'd probably say Crafting, even though I don't know much about it.

Q: Why do you keep playing?
A: Perfect last question. I keep playing for several reasons. 1. To max out all of my Pirates. Yes, it seems like a pie-in-the-sky goal, and for me, it seems quite impossible. But I'm doing it one Pirate at a time (I've already maxed out Aurora, and now we're onto Kiley), and I'm still a paying member because that is a goal I really do want to accomplish. Call it a New Year's Resolution. *smirks*

All in all, these are such incredible questions! I'm excited to finally start being positive for once, haha.

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
1. Commercials. I already played Wizard101 as well.

2. One month after the game released in 2012.

3. To see if the game will ever get new content that will actually advance it.

4. Combat system, actually good storyline, unique companion system, slight open world feel, puppet shows, intimidating main enemies.

5. If we're talking playable worlds, definitely Marleybone because of the war and hopeless atmosphere. Favorite companion is varying, but I suppose Kobe Yojimbo. Favorite boss is Kane, despite how... rushed the ending is and the multiple plot holes it has.

6. I can't say much about the community considering it's very small after long years of waiting, but I guess they're interesting.

7. Absolutely new storyline content to play. We wait three years just for 5 levels of content, and it's more than a bit ridiculous and disappointing to say the least. Hopefully that will change if Polaris releases this year? In terms of new content from 2018, it's not exactly hard considering there isn't really any new content except Skeleton Keys and small QoL updates. So it would be Skeleton Keys.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
It is so wonderful to read all of your answers! Lets keep going, and maybe Bat Masterson will comment! Never give up hope on this game, it has loads of potential.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
(...Continued...)

Q: What is the one thing you would most like from the game in terms of new content?
A: Hrm. That's a great question, and it depends on whose sake it's for, haha. For KingsIsle's sake, I'd want a new World, and if we dive deep into that, I'd absolutely want Polaris. We have some snow and ice in MooShu, sure, but a snowy World would be just plain awesome! But if it's just for my personal enjoyment (remember, I'm Max Level and I want to stay that way for hopefully a long time, so I can level up my other Pirates, haha), I'd probably say Crafting, even though I don't know much about it.

Q: Why do you keep playing?
A: Perfect last question. I keep playing for several reasons. 1. To max out all of my Pirates. Yes, it seems like a pie-in-the-sky goal, and for me, it seems quite impossible. But I'm doing it one Pirate at a time (I've already maxed out Aurora, and now we're onto Kiley), and I'm still a paying member because that is a goal I really do want to accomplish. Call it a New Year's Resolution. *smirks*

All in all, these are such incredible questions! I'm excited to finally start being positive for once, haha.

Wow.

Yet again, an embarrassing "delete" to my first post. I have not posted anything inappropriate or harmful to KingsIsle or the players in any way. KingsIsle (@Bat_Masterson, @One_Eyed_Jack, anyone else), please tell me why my post got deleted. I'm beginning to get a little upset at this point.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 5, 2019 wrote:

Wow.

Yet again, an embarrassing "delete" to my first post. I have not posted anything inappropriate or harmful to KingsIsle or the players in any way. KingsIsle (@Bat_Masterson, @One_Eyed_Jack, anyone else), please tell me why my post got deleted. I'm beginning to get a little upset at this point.
Hi Aurora!

While I don’t work for KingsIsle, as a moderator, I do have an explanation for you.

Your first post wasn’t deleted - it’s still in the moderation queue. Sometimes the Message Boards run into technical hiccups with Javascript. Too many emoticons or changing text color are just some of the things that can possibly trigger it.

Whenever I see a post with a technical problem, I leave it in the queue for a KI employee to fix and approve. In short, you didn’t do anything wrong. The fact that I still see it in moderation just means it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Vanessa Mythdust on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
Hi Aurora!

While I don’t work for KingsIsle, as a moderator, I do have an explanation for you.

Your first post wasn’t deleted - it’s still in the moderation queue. Sometimes the Message Boards run into technical hiccups with Javascript. Too many emoticons or changing text color are just some of the things that can possibly trigger it.

Whenever I see a post with a technical problem, I leave it in the queue for a KI employee to fix and approve. In short, you didn’t do anything wrong. The fact that I still see it in moderation just means it hasn’t been fixed yet.
Gotcha. That was helpful, heh. Thanks so much!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
Hi Aurora!

Yep. That has happened to me in my post: "talking About Companions"; where in the part I'm describing The Crab Hermit, this is what passed through moderation:
"Attempted Javascrpt Attack with COLOR'
I had to re-post.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'll give this a go:

1. What started you playing Pirate101?

Heard it from wiz, and I decided to check it out.

2. When did you start playing Pirate101?

About a week or so after beta was over. I had to wait because i didn't have access to it.

3. Why do you keep playing Pirate101?

I absolutely love this game. I'm not even into the whole pirate theme in general, and this game really takes it to a new level with all its characters and graphic (Man, Cool Ranch tho).

I also have two goals for it - 1. To buy all areas (DONE), and 2. To completely have the best pirates possible.

4. What is your favorite thing about Pirate101?

Cool Ranch and the characters, and especially the style. Louis turned out to be my fav (I absolutely HATED him at first), and without him and the game in general I wouldn't have my own original series and story of characters.

5. What is your favorite world, companion, and even boss?

Cool Ranch, Louis LeBisque, and Dan Drake. He needs to promote already.

6. What is your favorite thing about the Pirate101 Community?

The fact the players STILL stick with it despite its struggles, that the hopefuls outnumber the woefuls by a longshot.

7. What is the one thing you would MOST like from the game in terms of new content?

More promotions from side quest companions! I don't want to be forced to use companions like Sarah and El Toro! *frustration tone*

I also always want more story, but I'm super patient at this point. (Btw, KI pretty much confirmed it in that screenshot with a Level 75 companion and a promoted Hawkules in the background.)

8. Why do you keep playing?

See above, but mostly for my enjoyment, wiki contributions, and just remembering the great times I've had leveling my great chars.

ps. I DO hope we get storyline this year (really, it HAS to be this year), but I'd love to see lesser companions promote even more, like wild bunch mustangs and monterey jack.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
Oh-ho-ho! This is such an amazing idea! Let's rock this!

Q: What started you playing Pirate101?
A: Honestly, I wish I remembered, haha. I started playing quite a while ago, and I can only assume it was from a commercial I watched somewhere. *shrugs*

Q: When did you start playing Pirate101?
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Q: What is your favorite thing about Pirate101?
A: 1. The graphics. The graphics are amazing and so realistic. I remember when I first got to Aquila, and marveled when I saw the light reflecting on the marble floor. 2. The music. The music really makes you feel like you're a part of the game - the story. It reflects the Worlds that it plays in so well, and I commend the music-making team at KingsIsle, haha.

Q: What is your favorite World, Companion and even Boss?
A: Wow, great questions, Misty! As far as Worlds go... MooShu. Definitely MooShu. I had been there once or twice before I started questing in there, and I loved it already for its amazing sunsets and graphics. But once I began to quest there, I fell in love with the storyline, the dialogue, the new characters we meet, and everything about it! MooShu is by far my favorite, and Valencia comes a close second.

Q: What is your favorite thing about the Pirate101 Community?
A: Yet again, another good question, haha. I love the Pirate101 Community for its reputation of always helping people in quests. It seems that the people here on the Message Boards are always ready to help a new player in need. And if you also happen to mean the community in-game but not necessarily on the Message Boards, I have to say the same thing! There are just some Pirates you cannot forget - Pirates who help you quest, buy your first ever House, or even gift you your first permanent Mount... People you never forget.

(Continued...)
Yes! Thank you, KingsIsle, for fixing my post, for the most part.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014

Why do you keep playing?

-----

What do you work on?

Stay Positive! Play on!
I renewed my membership for a month JUST to respond to this post.

1. I was looking for a game to de-stress from helping out with my sister's wedding and dealing with family drama.

2. November 2014.

3. To be honest, I haven't played Pirate101 in nearly a year. However, I do check up on the boards constantly to keep updated on what's going on with the game. Despite my inactivity, I haven't given up on the game because I love it!

4. The storyline, the characters, the music, the dialogue and the attention to detail. To elaborate on the attention to detail, here's a example. Just after you go past the entrance in Achea Dock, you notice two eagle spartans sparring with each other. It's one of my favorite things to observe and it will never get old to me.

• Mooshu.
  • Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Chantal, El Toro and Old Scratch.
  • Gortez.

6. I have many favorite things. I like the fact that despite how knowledgeable so many players are about this game, there's still this overall sense of humility and desire to improve. I also how helpful players can be when you're in a jam. There's always someone who is willing to give out tips on what you can do to succeed in your piratical endeavors, or what you can do differently when a suggestion that has been tried hasn't worked out. This also extends to how supportive players can be on these board when someone makes a good suggestion on how to improve the game, or respectfully disagree and offer constructive criticism on why a suggestion might not work. Finally, I admire the dedication of this community to this game. Despite the lack of content, there are still so many people here who are supporting the game. That speaks volumes on just how good Pirate101 is and what it means to so many of us.

7. Story update of course! However, some meaty side content would be just as great. I'm seriously starving for some content. Great, now I'm hungry!

8. See answer on no. 3.

Well there's my response. I'll see you guys when I see you.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I'm so excited to read all of your answers! @Bat Masterson @ Falmea @ Decius Duelmaster lets see your reply!

And Fairlady, it is amazing to see that you updated your membership just to reply to this post. How wonderful!

Morgan