Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Cross Talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
Looking through I have seen a lot of build guides that focus on gear. I am looking for something that centers on when and what skills to get from the other trainers.

My playstyle right now is spell centric because of the gear I am wearing however I do not mind getting up close and personal.

Thank you for any and all information.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soul7mirror on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
Looking through I have seen a lot of build guides that focus on gear. I am looking for something that centers on when and what skills to get from the other trainers.

My playstyle right now is spell centric because of the gear I am wearing however I do not mind getting up close and personal.

Thank you for any and all information.
Are you satisfied with the combo of witchdoctor with swashbuckler? Or is this just because of the gear you're using now?
Knowing your pirate's origin would help in steering you in a good direction to match your current stats.
I advocate getting heals from the Privateer trainer and a shield from the Buccaneer trainer, these are very helpful as swashies lack these powers.
Having played a combo musketeer/swashbuckler, I believe that this is one of the most powerful combos for a swashbuckler.
And welcome to the message boards!

Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for the response.

As for my origins, My parents died in a mutiny and I was raised by the dogs of Marleybone. As for your suggestions, do you get them in any particular order?

The witchdoctor sub right now is because most of my gear while lacking in stats offers Witchdoctor spells, I figure at some time I will outgrow them. I am looking at a long term solution.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soul7mirror on Dec 28, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for the response.

As for my origins, My parents died in a mutiny and I was raised by the dogs of Marleybone. As for your suggestions, do you get them in any particular order?

The witchdoctor sub right now is because most of my gear while lacking in stats offers Witchdoctor spells, I figure at some time I will outgrow them. I am looking at a long term solution.
Alright, I see now. So you have Dead Mike ( a buccaneer ) as a companion and a bonus to Accuracy from being raised in Marleybone. Then I suggest cross training in Musketeer may be good for you.
While leveling, you will sometimes receive an extra training point, ( Zeke the Prospector also offers quests that grant a training point ), go to the different trainers and look at what they have to offer. Some powers will require another power first.
If you decide to go with musketeer as a cross train class, be sure to look for a stabby/shooty weapon combo ( or slashy/ shooty combo ). You will also want to look for gear that boosts Agility, this stat is prime for both musketeers and swashbucklers.

Please realize that Overwatch will not activate with this type of weapon. But Burst Fire does.

There are secret trainers in Devilfish Hollow that you may want to look at as well They become available at level 20 ). They rotate by the hour. There is a Witchdoctor trainer ( Raven ), Musketeer trainer ( Centaur ) and a Melee trainer ( Skeletal Hoplite ).
Good luck in the future!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, as a swashbuckler your Dodge stat is important, a high dodge allows you to avoid talent attacks and you get to riposte more often.

Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
anecorbie on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:
Alright, I see now. So you have Dead Mike ( a buccaneer ) as a companion and a bonus to Accuracy from being raised in Marleybone. Then I suggest cross training in Musketeer may be good for you.
While leveling, you will sometimes receive an extra training point, ( Zeke the Prospector also offers quests that grant a training point ), go to the different trainers and look at what they have to offer. Some powers will require another power first.
If you decide to go with musketeer as a cross train class, be sure to look for a stabby/shooty weapon combo ( or slashy/ shooty combo ). You will also want to look for gear that boosts Agility, this stat is prime for both musketeers and swashbucklers.

Please realize that Overwatch will not activate with this type of weapon. But Burst Fire does.

There are secret trainers in Devilfish Hollow that you may want to look at as well They become available at level 20 ). They rotate by the hour. There is a Witchdoctor trainer ( Raven ), Musketeer trainer ( Centaur ) and a Melee trainer ( Skeletal Hoplite ).
Good luck in the future!
May you be blessed with bountiful banannas...

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soul7mirror on Dec 31, 2018 wrote:
May you be blessed with bountiful banannas...

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.
You're Welcome! That's what the message boards are for; anytime you have a question, someone is bound to have the answer.