Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I have a idea who the blind mew it might be untrue

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2013
Bartholomew Roberts was a welsh pirate who raided ships off the americas and west africa between 1719 and 1722 just a maybe might not be true but Bartholmew sounds like the blind mew cut of Barthol and you get mew just a theory

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
keegar on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:
Bartholomew Roberts was a welsh pirate who raided ships off the americas and west africa between 1719 and 1722 just a maybe might not be true but Bartholmew sounds like the blind mew cut of Barthol and you get mew just a theory
Interesting idea! But I believe that Blind Mew was based on a character in R.L. Stevenson's book Treasure Island, a pirate named "Blind Pew".

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Interesting idea! But I believe that Blind Mew was based on a character in R.L. Stevenson's book Treasure Island, a pirate named "Blind Pew".
Really? A pirate called Blind Pew?

Poor guy prolly had to endure a whole lot of comments.

My first thought on hearing Blind Pew was not that it was a person

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:

In the novel, ( and I most heartily recommend that you read it ). Pew, which I assume is his last name, was blinded in Piratical action and acts as a go between for the pirates after the treasure. He's the one that gives the "black spot" to Billy Bones. ( as you can tell, our Blind Mew used a lot of names from this story - Trelawney, Flint, Gunn, etc. )

Treasure Island is great novel, full of adventure and unforgetable characters, really you should read it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:

Pew has nothing to do with his body odor, after all those bench seats in a church are called "pews" as well.