Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Livestream with Bat M., Friday Dec. 14 at 3:30pm

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Come explore the Spiral with KingsIsle's Community Manager, 'Sparck' (W101) / 'Bat Masterson' (P101)!

For this first casual community livestream, Sparck will be journeying across Wizard101 to level up his Life Wizard. If we have time, we'll hop on over to sail the airways in Pirate101. He's still somewhat new to the Life school, so there's much other Wizards can teach him during this hour of gameplay. If you see him in-game during the livestream, say hello!

Sparck will also be taking your questions both in the Comments of this post, as well as during the livestream in Twitch chat. Ask him any questions you have about his role at KingsIsle, our games (including our mobile games!), the community, his daily life, or anything else that he can answer.

See you on Twitch this Friday at 3:30pm Central Time!
www.twitch.tv/kingsisleentertainment

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Now I believe all of us need to support our Community Manager Bat Masterson. Bat has done so much for us!

Most likely it is higher ups at Kingsisle that told Bat to do it this way.

That said if Pirate 101 could get 30 minutes I would be happy, but no time at all is not right, and may turn a lot of viewers away.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I guess I'd like to hear a little bit about Bat's Pirate character as well as his Life wizard, so I do hope that he can allow some time for sailing the "airways" -- Skyways, windlanes, whatever we call those things.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thank you very much for the reply, Bat. At least somebody at KI is listening to us.

I do know that you have to start somewhere, and starting with the larger player base makes complete sense. But it doesn't make sense to push the smaller player base off to the side at the same time. So, maybe a good place to start, would be by creating the precedent of showcasing both games equally.

It seems, Bat, that you've taken over the position of Community Manager, during a rather fractious and troublesome time for the Pirate101 community. You've somewhat inherited a frustrated and increasingly discontent community with we pirates, and that could never make for an easy or simple job. But, you've been doing well so far, with the rapid responses, and showing that at least you are listening to us. Thank you very much for that.

I just hope, that KI would be willing to view and treat both communities more equal, giving similar time to both games, and become more transparent with the pirate101 community in regards to update and game development.

Wizard101 hold a special place for me, but...I feel that Pirate101 is by far the superior game, even in the stage it's currently in.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
It is just after the livestream ended when I am posting. And I am happy.

I am glad to see that you are doing a stream on us, the community. I was there! I was even in the same battle with you, Bat! I was Merciless Brian Ornsley, who had my Goronado massacre everyone in his path! (BWAHAHAHA!)

I look forward to participating in more of these events, with more community, more backstory, and maybe a hint of enemy massacre, too.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I wanted to weigh in on the livestream, like Lookit Light did. I have a very different opinion of it.

First of all I have tried to support Kingsisle by doing what I could to bring good attention to Pirate 101 both on Twitch, in game, and by watching Kingsisle Live. I watched this stream as well as all the Kingsisle Live's except 1 I sadly had to miss this year.

This stream was a real disappointment for me. That said, it cannot improve unless we point out the problems so they can be fixed. I want to give Kingsisle the chance to fix the problems because they do read the forums and they want the community's feedback. Bat Masterson said it is about us.

1. Nobody wished the community a Merry Christmas. This is something I have so many problems with. Pretty much everyone I know either celebrates Hanukkah or Christmas in December. And yet none of the 3 hosts could say Merry Christmas. This is very unfortunate, Christmas is about giving gifts, and I think everyone can agree that giving gifts is a wonderful feeling.

2. There was not enough gameplay. I understand Bat Masterson wanted to answer questions but another part of interacting with the community is playing games with them, I would recommend making this a longer show.

3. We should get to vote on the guests. There are several prominent community leaders for Pirate 101 and Wizard 101, why not allow us to vote on who gets to join Bat Masterson.

4. An inappropriate joke was made during the show. Bat Masterson stated that they got the guests off of the streets. That was very insensitive to the people the walk the streets just looking for a meal. A great way to apologize for this joke would be to hold a special crowns week where 50% of all crowns sales go to paying for a meal for children who cannot afford one.

Those are my thoughts on the show, and I hope my feedback is listened to.

Administrator
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
I wanted to weigh in on the livestream, like Lookit Light did. I have a very different opinion of it.

First of all I have tried to support Kingsisle by doing what I could to bring good attention to Pirate 101 both on Twitch, in game, and by watching Kingsisle Live. I watched this stream as well as all the Kingsisle Live's except 1 I sadly had to miss this year.

This stream was a real disappointment for me. That said, it cannot improve unless we point out the problems so they can be fixed. I want to give Kingsisle the chance to fix the problems because they do read the forums and they want the community's feedback. Bat Masterson said it is about us.

1. Nobody wished the community a Merry Christmas. This is something I have so many problems with. Pretty much everyone I know either celebrates Hanukkah or Christmas in December. And yet none of the 3 hosts could say Merry Christmas. This is very unfortunate, Christmas is about giving gifts, and I think everyone can agree that giving gifts is a wonderful feeling.

2. There was not enough gameplay. I understand Bat Masterson wanted to answer questions but another part of interacting with the community is playing games with them, I would recommend making this a longer show.

3. We should get to vote on the guests. There are several prominent community leaders for Pirate 101 and Wizard 101, why not allow us to vote on who gets to join Bat Masterson.

4. An inappropriate joke was made during the show. Bat Masterson stated that they got the guests off of the streets. That was very insensitive to the people the walk the streets just looking for a meal. A great way to apologize for this joke would be to hold a special crowns week where 50% of all crowns sales go to paying for a meal for children who cannot afford one.

Those are my thoughts on the show, and I hope my feedback is listened to.
Hi RRRZZ... I'll respond to your concerns here:

1. Yes, we said happy holidays, which includes Christmas of course. We have players from around the world, so it would be unfair if we just included one holiday during this time of year. We were also thinking of New Years.

2. This was an introductory livestream, so the gameplay was indeed a bit light this time. We'll do more next time!

3. Unfortunately it's not feasible for on-site guests. They happen to be at the office, so the timing was convenient. We may be able to do online guests at some point though!

4. I didn't suggest such a joke, nor would I ever do so, apologies my words were misheard. I simply stated that they came from outside spontaneously instead of being scheduled. Nothing more was intended here.

Thank you all for attending the livestream!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
Hi RRRZZ... I'll respond to your concerns here:

1. Yes, we said happy holidays, which includes Christmas of course. We have players from around the world, so it would be unfair if we just included one holiday during this time of year. We were also thinking of New Years.

2. This was an introductory livestream, so the gameplay was indeed a bit light this time. We'll do more next time!

3. Unfortunately it's not feasible for on-site guests. They happen to be at the office, so the timing was convenient. We may be able to do online guests at some point though!

4. I didn't suggest such a joke, nor would I ever do so, apologies my words were misheard. I simply stated that they came from outside spontaneously instead of being scheduled. Nothing more was intended here.

Thank you all for attending the livestream!
I agree with your explanation of points 2, 3, and 4. I am glad I misheard your words on Point 4. Thank you for responding to this, I am glad that you actually do read these forums.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I finally got to watch the livestream, and I have to say it wasn't bad. It was a little sad that the time allowed for Pirate101 play wasn't more equal to the Wizard101 play, but it couldn't really have gone differently.

We did get to learn a bit more about Matt himself and what he thinks as a brand new Community Manager and player to these games, which was nice, and he happened to be in Wizard101 while doing so. There were some explanations and introductions, and he happened to be wandering in Wizard101 while doing those. It was nice to see Vanessa and the other guys giving advice and answers.

My suggestion would be to START the next live stream in Pirate101, and alternate things going forward. Rather than following the KI Live age-old formula of Wizard then Pirate then mobile games, please, Matt -- consider giving Pirate101 first go occasionally. Or even a mobile game if that's what you're enjoying playing at the time. If this is YOUR time with the community, be as different as possible from KI Live.

(Still need a ship icon here -- please!?)

Administrator
Willowydream on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
I finally got to watch the livestream, and I have to say it wasn't bad. It was a little sad that the time allowed for Pirate101 play wasn't more equal to the Wizard101 play, but it couldn't really have gone differently.

We did get to learn a bit more about Matt himself and what he thinks as a brand new Community Manager and player to these games, which was nice, and he happened to be in Wizard101 while doing so. There were some explanations and introductions, and he happened to be wandering in Wizard101 while doing those. It was nice to see Vanessa and the other guys giving advice and answers.

My suggestion would be to START the next live stream in Pirate101, and alternate things going forward. Rather than following the KI Live age-old formula of Wizard then Pirate then mobile games, please, Matt -- consider giving Pirate101 first go occasionally. Or even a mobile game if that's what you're enjoying playing at the time. If this is YOUR time with the community, be as different as possible from KI Live.

(Still need a ship icon here -- please!?)
Agreed, we'll start with Pirate101 next time! I really want to level up my new Pirate anyway, so could use a good hour just to warm him up.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I know this probably won't happen because I assume Bat Masterson has a life outside of work. But it would be great if every once in awhile one of these events were held in the evening for those of us who can't or aren't able to be on during the day hours

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In Search of Yum on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
I know this probably won't happen because I assume Bat Masterson has a life outside of work. But it would be great if every once in awhile one of these events were held in the evening for those of us who can't or aren't able to be on during the day hours
Or early morning? I'm usually online and in-game before my workday begins, rather than in the evenings.