Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Post Skeleton Key sources here!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
With the release of Krampus, and of Wooden, Stone, and Gold keys, let Skeleton Key gatherers unite! I am creating this post so that everyone can tell everyone else what drops skeleton keys. I will start by saying what I have discovered so far.

Hykssoss in the Palace of Hyssarik drops Obsidian Keys.

Sinister Dexter in Illios drops Stone Keys.

Cadmus in Illios drops Stone Keys

Axwar in Achaea drops Stone and Obsidian Keys.

I'm certain there are far, far more bosses that drop keys, so I will try to find more sources. Anyone with interest can do the same. Skeleton Key Hunters Unite!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 10, 2018 wrote:
With the release of Krampus, and of Wooden, Stone, and Gold keys, let Skeleton Key gatherers unite! I am creating this post so that everyone can tell everyone else what drops skeleton keys. I will start by saying what I have discovered so far.

I'm certain there are far, far more bosses that drop keys, so I will try to find more sources. Anyone with interest can do the same. Skeleton Key Hunters Unite!
Any low level fight ( mobs or bosses ) will drop wooden keys. My lowest level pirate got her first one from Archer in the Ancient Tunnels, but now she's in Cool Ranch and is getting the wooden key in almost every fight.
My max level is in Valencia2 and is getting keys from the Gingerbread Raiders in the skyway ( gold keys ).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Lookit Light on Dec 10, 2018 wrote:

I was just questing on my Buccaneer, and although her Backpack was full, two enemies from the Cavern of Whispers (The Iron Hand, and another one I don't remember) dropped Keys. I believe The Iron Fist dropped a Wooden Key and it's possible that a different set of Ninja Pigs dropped one Gold Key. (I didn't receive it, since my Backpack was full, haha.)

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Crokogators in Marleybone are once again an ample source of keys, this time being the Stone variant.

I've been battling Banditoads in Tumbleweed Skyway for the Strongboxes while playing Dante and have received several wooden/stone keys.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Not much more from me yet, but I have found that Lulz in Lastrygon drops Stone Keys.

I'll be moving from Aquila to other worlds for more discoveries soon.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Not much more from me yet, but I have found that Lulz in Lastrygon drops Stone Keys.

I'll be moving from Aquila to other worlds for more discoveries soon.
Never mind, I have made a HUGE discovery! Possible the best source of Gold keys yet!

Fight the Vandallo Guards in Florenza! I fought them twice, and they dropped a key both times! They are, in my opinion, a far better source of Gold keys than Kane! Just don't use melee fighters, and you'll be fine.

(Additional discovery: Lucci Guardsmen in Lucci Villa drop Stone Keys.)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The Armada Clockworks wandering around Grancia drop Wood Keys

The Gingerbread Raiders in Calabria Skyway drop Stone Keys as well as Gold

The Bone Drakes in Avernus Skyway drop Wood Keys (They finally drop something!)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Do the machine leading up to Kane. They are reasonably generous and hey, who doesn't like to beat on Kane a bit?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
The Armada Clockworks wandering around Grancia drop Wood Keys

The Gingerbread Raiders in Calabria Skyway drop Stone Keys as well as Gold

The Bone Drakes in Avernus Skyway drop Wood Keys (They finally drop something!)
Wow, who had the nerve to try them, to see if they had a drop? I applaud that pirate!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
Wow, who had the nerve to try them, to see if they had a drop? I applaud that pirate!
Honestly, the Bone Drake are not tough at high level. That must be fixed! I'll try them again when they're fixed.

(The Ninja Pigs in the Banquet Hall on Hamamitsu Drop Stone Keys.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
Honestly, the Bone Drake are not tough at high level. That must be fixed! I'll try them again when they're fixed.

(The Ninja Pigs in the Banquet Hall on Hamamitsu Drop Stone Keys.)
No, I know that they're not difficult for a high level to fight, I just meant why would anyone do it, since it's well-know that they have no drops!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
More wooden key drop: the silver mine in Cooper's Roost.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The Frogeralle Lieutenant in Castillo Sapo Drops Wood keys

Santa Rana Drops Wood keys

The Frogeralles in the Frogeralle Compound drop Wood and Stone Keys

Squinty in Solitude drops Wood keys.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:

(To clarify, Squinty is the best source of Wood keys I have yet discovered. Not only does he drop them, his Crawlie minions do, too! I got two Keys in one fight!)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Sorry I don't remember what kind of key it was, but I was fighting some of the street mobs with two heads, in Aquila, and they gave me a key.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Frido Banditoad in the McGee Mine drops Wood Keys

Frido Banditoad in Arroyo Grande drops Wood Keys

Mister Hande in the Old Hang 'em Jailyard drops Stone Keys

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Sorry I don't remember what kind of key it was, but I was fighting some of the street mobs with two heads, in Aquila, and they gave me a key.
You mean the Ettins? They are already confirmed as a source of Obsidian Keys. Was that the one you got?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The Bird with No Name in Arroyo Grande drops Wood Keys

The Yakooza Scribes in Sujimura Village drops Obsidian Keys

Kirigi in the Shadow Fortress drops Wood Keys.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I farmed Squinty in Solitude, Tumbleweed Skyway, Cool Ranch. I farmed him 50 times and was able to rake in 41,327 gold coins, as well as 9 STONE keys and 14 WOOD keys.

Merry Yuletide!
Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The clockwork ships in Port Regal skyway drop wood keys.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The Stalwart Queen on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
I farmed Squinty in Solitude, Tumbleweed Skyway, Cool Ranch. I farmed him 50 times and was able to rake in 41,327 gold coins, as well as 9 STONE keys and 14 WOOD keys.

Merry Yuletide!
Morgan
Amazing! Squinty really is the best source of Wood Keys, and Stone Keys too apparently. Glad to see my discovery is being productive!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Strangely, I've received a stone key from Captain Hande in Devilfish Hollow.
Post Edit: he's dropping gold keys, too.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The Horse Raiders on the Ashen Roads drop Stone Keys

MacCavity drops Stone Keys

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:

Santa Rana in Castillo Sapo was a good place to farm Wooden Keys for me (three wooden keys in one run). However, Santa Rana in Santo Pollo didn't provide a single wooden key for me in 15 runs.

While Squinty might be a better place to farm solely wooden/stone keys, the good thing about Castillo Sapo is that you get unique Santa Rana gear for wear or to sell for gold farming while your key farming.