Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gardening and Castle Blocks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 27, 2010
Hello,
We can garden and build houses in Wizard101, I would also like to do these things in Pirate101! I don't know who will teach us how to garden...Maybe Vadima? (Sorry if I spelled her name wrong.) Instead of castle blocks we could call them house blocks, since pirates don't live in "castles."

Thank you,
Evelyn Strong

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
StrongEverhart on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Hello,
We can garden and build houses in Wizard101, I would also like to do these things in Pirate101! I don't know who will teach us how to garden...Maybe Vadima? (Sorry if I spelled her name wrong.) Instead of castle blocks we could call them house blocks, since pirates don't live in "castles."

Thank you,
Evelyn Strong
Welcome to the Message Boards, Sarah Strong! Yes, a thousand times YES! We absolutely need those side activities that would sooo enrich our piratical lives!
"Vadima" is the correct spelling. But why not have a separate NPC for each side activity?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It's not a bad idea, and it might just be a matter of time. A lot of game add-in stuff has been side content, like the recently added key bosses. I have no idea where this is on the "To do," list, but I bet it's on there somewhere. I suspect fishing might be ahead of it on the list. I think if it happens, I think there will be a new character who will handle each of these activities lessons and sales. If they add your idea, a Tour Boat to travel to houses to see these gardens and housing creations would be a nice thing to go with it. Who could take us on these tours? Gilligan and the Skipper!

Ensign
Nov 27, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, Sarah Strong! Yes, a thousand times YES! We absolutely need those side activities that would sooo enrich our piratical lives!
"Vadima" is the correct spelling. But why not have a separate NPC for each side activity?
I was thinking since the life professor teaches gardening on Wizard101, a class trainer should also teach gardening on Pirate101. I thought Vadima would be the perfect fit!

Thank you for supporting my idea,
Evelyn Strong

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
It's not a bad idea, and it might just be a matter of time. A lot of game add-in stuff has been side content, like the recently added key bosses. I have no idea where this is on the "To do," list, but I bet it's on there somewhere. I suspect fishing might be ahead of it on the list. I think if it happens, I think there will be a new character who will handle each of these activities lessons and sales. If they add your idea, a Tour Boat to travel to houses to see these gardens and housing creations would be a nice thing to go with it. Who could take us on these tours? Gilligan and the Skipper!
Oh, I can see them now! The Skipper will be a golden bear and Gilligan, a mander!
4 years ago I got an answer from Ratbeard saying that crafting was on his "to do" list and that as a developer, he loves crafting!
I've been waiting so long for those side activities, hurry, Ratbeard!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
StrongEverhart on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
I was thinking since the life professor teaches gardening on Wizard101, a class trainer should also teach gardening on Pirate101. I thought Vadima would be the perfect fit!

Thank you for supporting my idea,
Evelyn Strong
Actually, she sends you to Farley, who teaches you about Gardening and gives you your first spells. It's a good idea and has been suggested many, many times through out P101 years.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
StrongEverhart on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Evelyn Strong
I agree, we really do need more activities.

Somehow I find it a funny picture to see battle-hardened pirates tending to their gardens.

But no matter; we aren't exactly typical pirates either.

Fishing is the one I really want to see. After that, it might be cool if p101 got a new, revolutionary, never-before-seen-on-w101 side activity (not sure what this would be).

As a side note, I think it would be really cool if p101 got some sort of enchanting system to upgrade gear.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
agreed

Side activities enrich life and regardless of which side activities are most favored, as suggested in other threads in the past, the end result needs to feel piratey-plausible..
Us pirates might have orchards because the booty most sought-after is supposed to be yum fruits...
Fishing in any design is obvious as well, though products thereof should be cookable as pirates like cowboys would've considered a large stock-pot full of foods like beanie-weenies or fish chowder a staple... So Crafting Is Still The Biggest System That Needs To Be Implemated.... Foodstuffs COuld Be Used To Create Elixirs And Pet Snacks..Mebbe to create temp Elixirs For Companions?

when i suggested castle Blocks For Wiz, I Was Inspired By The Ingenuity Of Wizards Homes, Thus Not Only Building Blocks, But also the idea of being able to buy Private Plots Of Land And adding in castle Tours Just Made sense to me... w101 is a land Of Magic Thus Eventually Getting Castle Magic effect tools Was Icing On The Cake... I Think It Would Be Great Addition, But Pirates Need Other Systems Implemented First.. TBH I Feel It Would Be More Appropriate To Have Ship-Building "blocks" That Were Crafted Via Pirates Crafting... SalvagIng Goods To Make Materials To Be Crafted To Make Ship Parts N Build Fancy New Ships.. That Sounds the most Piratey..

Before Adding More Home Building Materials I Highly Beg That The Ability To Set dOwn Pets Pillows Etc insude our homes n ship cabins, Become As Easy To Accomplish As In WizaRd First... Devs Know What I'm Asking For... Though I Positively Love The Way Our bunkbeds Snap Together...

:3 glad this was brought back up

Stormy Jen Silver

Ensign
Jul 16, 2014
hello to all is not better new professions different from those of wizard101 for example archeology!