Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: Merry Christmas!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm doing a special discussion thread specifically for the Yuletide Companions! Here they are!
(Please note that all of these companions are only available from the Crown Shop)

The Holiday Treant is bought for 3,995 Crowns.

Holly Jolly Roger is purchased for 3.995 Crowns. He promotes at levels 22 and 39.

The Mistle Toad is available for 3,995 Crowns.

Prince Yulefest is bought for 3,995 Crowns.

The Yule Trogg is bought for, again, 3,995 Crowns

The Spirits of Yuletide, including the Spirit of Giving, Spirit of Receiving, and Spirit of Returning, are bought as a set for 7,995 Crowns.

NOTES:

The Spirit of Returning is the only companion with Hurl Blades.

Holly Jolly Roger is the only Yuletide Companion that promotes.

The Spirits of Yuletide are the only companions bought together

Unfortunately, the Spirit of Receiving has a complete lack of Epic Talents.

Please give this any ideas to make these companions great fighters. And above all, have a merry Christmas!

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Yule Trogg is pretty decent despite his lack of epic talents, he can get Vengeance 1, Relentless 2, and Blade Storm so he can actually hold his own in a fight.

If you want to run a Beastmaster Banner team the Holiday Treant is actually one of the better options to use. He starts with Blade Storm and has 4 epic talent choices so you can give him some decent combo talents like Vengeance 3 and Blade Storm 2 or maybe incorporating a Riposte or Second chance into his kit, sadly he is a bit outdone by Nikeeta who is not only cheaper, but has similar epic talent choices, can fly, and recruits at 3 levels above player level rather then 2.

Prince Yulefest is a decent Musketeer since he has 5 range and can train burst fire, so you can give him something like Overwatch, Burst Fire 2, and Double Tap 2, and Quick Adjust (his starter talent) he's one of the better musketeers that isn't a story companion.

I have nothing positive to say about the Mistle Toad and the Jolly Roger though, they're both clones of subpar companions, Mistle Toad is a straight downgrade to Tricky Vinny since he doesn't have a Mega Hit Power, and Jolly Roger is just Bones Mcgee but with a Quick Draw starter talent.

I think I can speak for most people who bought the Spirits of Yulefest when I say I am not happy with their current state, Spirit of Receiving has no epic talent grants so he may as well not exist, the spirit of Giving and Returning both only train 3 epic talents, laughable for a companion released in 2017. The Returning one can't get blade storm, while the Giving one doesn't have relentless so you can't really make a good setup from them with such limited epic talents. Wonder if they will ever be fixed and get their promotions that supposedly exist.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I find Prince Yulefest and the Spirit of Returning to be somewhat decent. Yulefest is a regular, rank-and-file Musketeer, but he's still useful. And the Spirit of Returning has a unique form of Hurl Blades and access to Relentless. He's not bad.