Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Talents - As Class or Different Class

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
So just wondering when it comes to talents that are granted to the owner - grants first strike, grants vengeance etc. Is it better to have a pet that strengths the talents you already have in that class (such as buc and vengeance attack) or go for opposite, like a musk getting first strike.

I'm not quite sure when someone says you need a musk pet or a buc pet exactly what they are trying to tell me

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This is another of those things that people give new players advice about, but it depends on how you each play your own Musketeer or Buccaneer -- you may really want different help from a pet.

Some people want to boost inherent stats or attacks to their maximum. These players want their pets to grant additional levels of epic talents, or more powerful attacks boosted by their basic stats. Others want to have something extra or unexpected, something to make their swashbuckler different from other swashbucklers, so these players may want a pet to grant Mojo Blade or Brutal Charge.

Whatever you decide your pet needs to have, there are always helpful pirates around who can help you morph.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
So just wondering when it comes to talents that are granted to the owner - grants first strike, grants vengeance etc. Is it better to have a pet that strengths the talents you already have in that class (such as buc and vengeance attack) or go for opposite, like a musk getting first strike.

I'm not quite sure when someone says you need a musk pet or a buc pet exactly what they are trying to tell me
It is best to get a pet that complements your fighting style. If you use a combo style ( ex. musket with guns and a melee weapon or swash with a stabby and gun ) then a cross class grant can benefit you.
Also a pet can be boosted by buffs for that class, as a buck pet getting extra strength from Whale's Might.