Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blades of Shade

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 27, 2015
I have been trying to farm Cadmus but I havent gotten the blades of shade. I havent really seen anyone with it anymore i was just wonderinf if they were better weapons for swashbucklers and if so can i have its name and where to get it.. maybe even its specs? Also since the BoS deal magical damage does old scratchs mojo flow increase its damage?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FortuneLeoVX on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
I have been trying to farm Cadmus but I havent gotten the blades of shade. I havent really seen anyone with it anymore i was just wonderinf if they were better weapons for swashbucklers and if so can i have its name and where to get it.. maybe even its specs? Also since the BoS deal magical damage does old scratchs mojo flow increase its damage?
I have Blades of Shade. Yes, farming for these very good weapons can take time but they're worth it if you can't spend crowns for a crown shop weapon or Ashes of the Armada pack. Nefarious Knives from the Tower of Moo Manchu are also very good, but they come with the Flanking talent.
If you can get into the Dreadnaught, the Haywire weapons are probably the best weapons in the game.
I can't help you about Old Scratch, I've never seen any benefit to a swashbuckler to use him. You would do best to boost your agility for better damage.

Community Leader
FortuneLeoVX on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
Yes, there are many better weapons now. Try farming the dreadnaught that occasionally appears in Skull Island. No, scratch buffs do not increase the blades of shade's damage. A weapon doing magical damage means that it is resisted based off of magic resist, rather than armor.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
anecorbie on Nov 27, 2018 wrote:
I have Blades of Shade. Yes, farming for these very good weapons can take time but they're worth it if you can't spend crowns for a crown shop weapon or Ashes of the Armada pack. Nefarious Knives from the Tower of Moo Manchu are also very good, but they come with the Flanking talent.
If you can get into the Dreadnaught, the Haywire weapons are probably the best weapons in the game.
I can't help you about Old Scratch, I've never seen any benefit to a swashbuckler to use him. You would do best to boost your agility for better damage.
I thought Scratch's Spooky buff's helped boost swash's poison attacks?

Maybe I'm wrong?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
I thought Scratch's Spooky buff's helped boost swash's poison attacks?

Maybe I'm wrong?
I never saw any difference in my poison attacks from this, despite everyone saying it does. I tried using him and then poison many times before giving up. I believe poison isn't a magic attack at all.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
I never saw any difference in my poison attacks from this, despite everyone saying it does. I tried using him and then poison many times before giving up. I believe poison isn't a magic attack at all.
Was scratch right next to you while using buffs? If you do not use a will based weapon, you have to be right next to scratch for the buff to take effect to you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Was scratch right next to you while using buffs? If you do not use a will based weapon, you have to be right next to scratch for the buff to take effect to you.
Yes, I know how to use Old Scratch's buffs. And a swashbuckler is very unlikely to be using a will based weapon unless they have chosen a Krokotopia origin for their pirate.