Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Minigame Idea - Chess

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Seeing as this game's combat is kind of based on chess, and most of the minigame tables have chess boards on them, i thought a chess minigame could be a good idea.

It, unlike the other games, could be in 3D, maybe using the chess models already in-game, or using new models, which could be Monquistan themed: a still Monquistan on a pedestal colored black or white wouldn't be that hard to do either.

The king and queen would be represented by either Ferdinand or Gortez and either Isadore or Eleanor. The pawns could be simple Monquistan crossbowmen, the Bishop a Monquistan monk, the Knight a Monquistan explorer, and the Rook perhaps a monquistan tower. Of course, these could all be represented by the Armada. In fact, there could even be an option to customize your pieces' appearance.

What do you think of this?

Hardy Quinn

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Angel Angle The Li... on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:
Seeing as this game's combat is kind of based on chess, and most of the minigame tables have chess boards on them, i thought a chess minigame could be a good idea.

It, unlike the other games, could be in 3D, maybe using the chess models already in-game, or using new models, which could be Monquistan themed: a still Monquistan on a pedestal colored black or white wouldn't be that hard to do either.

The king and queen would be represented by either Ferdinand or Gortez and either Isadore or Eleanor. The pawns could be simple Monquistan crossbowmen, the Bishop a Monquistan monk, the Knight a Monquistan explorer, and the Rook perhaps a monquistan tower. Of course, these could all be represented by the Armada. In fact, there could even be an option to customize your pieces' appearance.

Hardy Quinn
One word.

Yes!

Although a new mini-game isn't what Pirate101 needs at this point, a new chess mini-game sounds amazing! If you would have proposed this idea several months ago, I wouldn't have cared as much, since I was terrible at chess. Recently, I've been quite into chess, and I love the way that the last battle of Pirate101 (the Kane Fight) is basically a giant game of Chess with health stats, Powers to use to your advantage and some OP skills on both sides.

A chess mini-game might even help the player to prepare for the Kane Fight, especially if they're a lower level, haha.

This is a great idea! I like the idea of it being Monquistan, and a piece customization option sounds interesting. I'd like to see what you all think of other options for the pieces, but I like the Monquistan theming!

Great ideas, Angel!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Angel Angle The Li... on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:

Hardy Quinn
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/falmea-friday-the-mini-game-is-afoot-8ad6a42b61dbb32f0161e8a87649120b

I think it is not your original idea.

I suggested several months back that Kingsisle needs to add Chess and Checkers as 2 player board games in Pirate 101 along with "Words" a game that would play similar to Scrabble, though only words in Pirate 101's text chat dictionary would be playable.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've always thought it would be LOVELY if they found a way to make our chessboards interactive to the point where we could ask an in-game friend to have a game of chess -- or checkers!

The pieces all exist, we would just need the interface.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/falmea-friday-the-mini-game-is-afoot-8ad6a42b61dbb32f0161e8a87649120b

I think it is not your original idea.

I suggested several months back that Kingsisle needs to add Chess and Checkers as 2 player board games in Pirate 101 along with "Words" a game that would play similar to Scrabble, though only words in Pirate 101's text chat dictionary would be playable.
Great minds often think alike, Dino.. Your post is old and has been locked, likely Angel hasn't read it. Besides, a few MMOs do have extra mini-games. So your idea isn't "original", also.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Willowydream on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
I've always thought it would be LOVELY if they found a way to make our chessboards interactive to the point where we could ask an in-game friend to have a game of chess -- or checkers!

The pieces all exist, we would just need the interface.

To RRRRZZZZ419 and Willowydream: I do agree that checkers would be a great idea also! For what it's worth, I am so much better at checkers than chess.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Thanks for the positive response, everyone! And anecorbie is right, great minds think alike. I didn't see your previous post, RZ, but hopefully you can just see this as an extension of your suggestion. And interactive chess boards are great too, we don't actually have a lot of interactive items here in the Pirate parts! So once again, thanks for the positive response to this post! See you in the skyways!

Hardy Quinn