Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea For Bringing Pirate 101 Back

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Earlier this evening 1 of my Twitch followers who lives in Europe brought something to my attention.

They can open Pirate 101 and play it (as well as Wizard 101) but can only buy membership or crowns through paypal as euros aren't directly accepted.

If marketing this game in America didn't work why not market this game in Europe and allow euros as payment to buy membership and crowns?

Europe could be a huge untapped market that Kingsisle hasn't tried much in.

If we could bring in a lot of European players by advertising there then Pirate 101 might could have a huge player base again.

Any thoughts on this?

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
My thoughts on this, YES.
I've said many times before, KI does not advertise internationally. I'm Canadian, I live on the same continent, but I've never seen any advertisment for any KI games. I learned about the company years ago when a sibling stumbled across Wizard101.

KI definitely needs to nake this game known in Europe, and Australia, and Asia, and other places as well.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 15, 2018 wrote:
Earlier this evening 1 of my Twitch followers who lives in Europe brought something to my attention.

They can open Pirate 101 and play it (as well as Wizard 101) but can only buy membership or crowns through paypal as euros aren't directly accepted.

If marketing this game in America didn't work why not market this game in Europe and allow euros as payment to buy membership and crowns?

Europe could be a huge untapped market that Kingsisle hasn't tried much in.

If we could bring in a lot of European players by advertising there then Pirate 101 might could have a huge player base again.

Any thoughts on this?

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
"If marketing this game in America didn't work why not market this game in Europe and allow euros as payment to buy membership and crowns?"

To RRRRZZZZ419: I actually agree. I think that if KingsIsle expands their markets to other (English-speaking, of course) countries, it could be a whole lot of potential that wasn't there before.

"KI definitely needs to nake this game known in Europe, and Australia, and Asia, and other places as well."

To CdeWinter: Absolutely. One of the other games I play is actually based in New Zealand, but they are very well-known in America. I think this is a great idea, although I believe that KingsIsle should be careful where they market to.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You ought to take into account the trade practices among the countries of Europe.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
YES! You're right, there is a HUGE opportunity here. Make Crowns purchasable with Euros, and we'll have more people! I live in Canada, too, and I also learned this great game exist only through a friend. Make advertising a little more widespread, and we'll get more players!