Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer - Will Or Strength

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I always thought that a privateer used both will and strength.
Will to heal and strength for hits/ attacks. Am I wrong in this?

A follow up question and maybe its for a different posting but I'm gonna consolidate

How do you know when an attack is a magical or a physical attack. I seem to remember there was something about colors but is there anything on the attack card itself that lets you know?

Community Leader
Most end-game privateer weapons are based off of will, meaning both hits and attacks are affected by will. Re the magical vs physical thing: On a damaging power, look at the icon next to the damage that's listed. If it's a physical attack, it will have a fist next to it; magical attacks have a purple spiral next to them. As a side note, many late-game melee weapons (dreadnaught and ashes pack weapons) deal magical damage. To determine what your weapon does, check your sneak attack power. If it does physical damage, all of your chains will do physical damage. If it does magical damage, all of your chains will do magical damage.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
I always thought that a privateer used both will and strength.
Will to heal and strength for hits/ attacks. Am I wrong in this?

A follow up question and maybe its for a different posting but I'm gonna consolidate

How do you know when an attack is a magical or a physical attack. I seem to remember there was something about colors but is there anything on the attack card itself that lets you know?
The class used to use strength, but will gives a better benefit to your heals, shields and AoE attacks. If it's a physical attack, the card will tell you what kind of weapon is needed ( generally these are melee attacks. )