Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Block - Armor or Dodge?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
So I am trying to figure what talent/ power a companion has that gives the companion power to block a hit.

Dodge - sounds like the character moves to miss the hit
Armor - sounds like if the character is hit it takes less damage

But why does it block?

Community Leader
Blocks and dodges are functionally identical. The only reason some units/pirates block instead of dodge is the type of weapon they have. Both block and dodge are based off the dodge statistic. Armor reduces incoming physical damage.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
So I am trying to figure what talent/ power a companion has that gives the companion power to block a hit.

Dodge - sounds like the character moves to miss the hit
Armor - sounds like if the character is hit it takes less damage

But why does it block?
The enemy has to overcome those stats to score a hit ( as I understand it. )

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The greater the amount of armor, the less damage the character takes. The greater the amount of dodge, the greater the odds of the player blocking/dodging is when attacked, although this number can be affected by how much accuracy the opposing character has.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Well, I know block and dodge are the same. I believe ranged attacks are dodged, magical attacks may be fizzled or dodged, and melee attacks can be dodged or blocked, depending on who is dodging. They don't have much difference, just the animation and the text.