Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Renaissance

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm hopeful that KI will be giving us players something at the end of this year. I could easily go into another negative rant about the neglect we have suffered and make comparisons about W101 vs P101, but I won't ( for now ).
I wish that we will get side content that will give us something more to do besides farm, Ranked PVP, or pet activities.
I wish that we will get at least one new bundle and pack ( come on, KI, in October alone you issued 2 new packs and a bundle to wizards.. )
Most of all, I wish that we might get a hint about a story-line expansion or new world.
Those are my wishes for the end of this year and the New Year that will be soon upon us.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
I'm hopeful that KI will be giving us players something at the end of this year. I could easily go into another negative rant about the neglect we have suffered and make comparisons about W101 vs P101, but I won't ( for now ).
I wish that we will get side content that will give us something more to do besides farm, Ranked PVP, or pet activities.
I wish that we will get at least one new bundle and pack ( come on, KI, in October alone you issued 2 new packs and a bundle to wizards.. )
Most of all, I wish that we might get a hint about a story-line expansion or new world.
Those are my wishes for the end of this year and the New Year that will be soon upon us.
I'm actually surprised that KingsIsle moderated so many ranting posts! But I agree with you, although I just turned Level 70 and honestly don't feel like main questing on Aurora for a while. But still... *raises mug of Yum* Here's ta new updates and a whole lot o' success fer Pirate101!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
I remain ever hopeful, even though my vigil in the Pumpkin Patch was yet again lonely.

We really do need a new bundle. I've already purchased multiples of every one of them over the years. We could certainly use a holiday pack, AND updates for the Yuletide companions we already have -- they deserve cool new abilities and PROMOTIONS!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
I remain ever hopeful, even though my vigil in the Pumpkin Patch was yet again lonely.

We really do need a new bundle. I've already purchased multiples of every one of them over the years. We could certainly use a holiday pack, AND updates for the Yuletide companions we already have -- they deserve cool new abilities and PROMOTIONS!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I start up threads on building lesser companions from time to time. One of them included the Yule Trogg and Mistle Toad, and everyone agreed they should be greater.

New Bundle + Side Storyline + Yuletide Companion Promotions = AWESOME!!!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
If you look at the update notes, you can still see that level 75 buccaneer. You can still see that level 75 Scratch. You can still see that Hawkules promo ever taunting in the background. Even if we do get an update of slapped together assets from scrapped worlds, I would still be happy at this point.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
I'm actually surprised that KingsIsle moderated so many ranting posts! But I agree with you, although I just turned Level 70 and honestly don't feel like main questing on Aurora for a while. But still... *raises mug of Yum* Here's ta new updates and a whole lot o' success fer Pirate101!
Generally my personality is hopeful and upbeat. It takes A LOT of disappointment to change me from happy Jeckyl to snarling Hyde.
The moderators of P101 & W101 are very good at their job ( I wouldn't want to do it ).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
Generally my personality is hopeful and upbeat. It takes A LOT of disappointment to change me from happy Jeckyl to snarling Hyde.
The moderators of P101 & W101 are very good at their job ( I wouldn't want to do it ).
Hee. After all, your Pirate name Esperanza does mean hope, right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
If you look at the update notes, you can still see that level 75 buccaneer. You can still see that level 75 Scratch. You can still see that Hawkules promo ever taunting in the background. Even if we do get an update of slapped together assets from scrapped worlds, I would still be happy at this point.
I really hate to mention this, but, just when was that screen shot taken? Blind Mew informed us that a lot was taken out from the Valencia2 story-line. Those pictures of a level 75 buck, Old Scratch and Hawkules could be from that time ( over two years now ) I'm very sceptical of KI releasing any story update before Spring 2019.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
With the release of Empyrea pt.2, perhaps KI will be dedicating time to this game. ( fingers crossed! )

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 7, 2018 wrote:
With the release of Empyrea pt.2, perhaps KI will be dedicating time to this game. ( fingers crossed! )
You're so cute when you're being all hopeful and optimistic about P101 getting any love from KI!

Although, to be fair, at least we now get some member benefits.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
I really hate to mention this, but, just when was that screen shot taken? Blind Mew informed us that a lot was taken out from the Valencia2 story-line. Those pictures of a level 75 buck, Old Scratch and Hawkules could be from that time ( over two years now ) I'm very sceptical of KI releasing any story update before Spring 2019.
To be fair, I'd be fine with that. Just slap together some old scrapped assets, add a ton of defeat and collect, and call it a world! As long as Mew is writing it, I'm happy with anything at this point.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Nov 11, 2018 wrote:
To be fair, I'd be fine with that. Just slap together some old scrapped assets, add a ton of defeat and collect, and call it a world! As long as Mew is writing it, I'm happy with anything at this point.
We deserve something better than something mashed together and rushed through.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
We can take some solace in the fact that we are 100% getting a new batch of key bosses at the end of the year. All I would like from Kingsisle is to know *if* they are working on a story update. I don't care about release dates. I don't care about how long it is, or how long it's been it development. All I would like to know from Kingsisle is if we will be getting an arc 2.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We can take some solace in the fact that we are 100% getting a new batch of key bosses at the end of the year. All I would like from Kingsisle is to know *if* they are working on a story update. I don't care about release dates. I don't care about how long it is, or how long it's been it development. All I would like to know from Kingsisle is if we will be getting an arc 2.
If more farming dungeons is your idea of "solace".... But I agree that silence, in this case, isn't "golden", it just causes worry and rumors.,

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Me too! It's been over three years since the last story update. The skeleton key bosses are fun, but we need something else. I strongly believe something big is coming next year, but please, please tell us something to let us know if and when one will come out.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Providing updates or news about a second story update would, build trust with the player base, provide incentive to new players, and placate current players demanding an update. KI could even do it in a way that gives insight into how the game/story creation process takes place. Which, could inspire or at least build interest in the industry.

All of which are much better outcomes than just adding more daily or repeatable tasks like more farming. This method, just feels like KI is doing something, simply so they can turn around and say "look, we're listening to you" but, without actually advancing the game or the story in any meaningful way.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 12, 2018 wrote:
Providing updates or news about a second story update would, build trust with the player base, provide incentive to new players, and placate current players demanding an update. KI could even do it in a way that gives insight into how the game/story creation process takes place. Which, could inspire or at least build interest in the industry.

All of which are much better outcomes than just adding more daily or repeatable tasks like more farming. This method, just feels like KI is doing something, simply so they can turn around and say "look, we're listening to you" but, without actually advancing the game or the story in any meaningful way.
It almost feels that we're on life-support and that any day KI will pull the plug. Most of us commenting on this thread went through that 3 year hiatus between Aquila and the release of Valencia2. KI at least gave us Advanced Pets, Advanced Companions, Ranked PVP, Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & introduced Scrip, which enhanced play-abilty very well. They even gave us such quality of life options like ship cabins and using companions as house guests.
We never thought we would be waiting a similar amount of time for the second story arc. Now all we're getting is more farming dungeons ( introduced as a companion promotion! ) and a scattering of QoL options - Auto companions, quest finder & item locks.
We need KI to treat us with the same respect they treat their other games - take us off the back burner and stir it up! They had no problems in telling Wizard101 players about the coming of Mirage & Empyrea, why can't they do the same for us?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
It almost feels that we're on life-support and that any day KI will pull the plug. Most of us commenting on this thread went through that 3 year hiatus between Aquila and the release of Valencia2. KI at least gave us Advanced Pets, Advanced Companions, Ranked PVP, Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & introduced Scrip, which enhanced play-abilty very well. They even gave us such quality of life options like ship cabins and using companions as house guests.
We never thought we would be waiting a similar amount of time for the second story arc. Now all we're getting is more farming dungeons ( introduced as a companion promotion! ) and a scattering of QoL options - Auto companions, quest finder & item locks.
We need KI to treat us with the same respect they treat their other games - take us off the back burner and stir it up! They had no problems in telling Wizard101 players about the coming of Mirage & Empyrea, why can't they do the same for us?
I don't really want to be pessimistic. If new players join, and a see the official message boards filled with pessimistic posts from long term players, it will turn them off the game, and away from the community.

But, I also cannot be dishonestly opptimistic either. I am very much beginning to feel that the reason why KI can't show us any bit of a story update, like they can for Wiz, is simply because there is nothing to show us. Not even an "in works" outline or even a brainstorming doodle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
I don't really want to be pessimistic. If new players join, and a see the official message boards filled with pessimistic posts from long term players, it will turn them off the game, and away from the community.

But, I also cannot be dishonestly opptimistic either. I am very much beginning to feel that the reason why KI can't show us any bit of a story update, like they can for Wiz, is simply because there is nothing to show us. Not even an "in works" outline or even a brainstorming doodle.
Goodness knows that I don't want to discourage players; I firmly believe this game will be getting a story update.
The fact is, KI has never been great at sharing things that are in development. ( For P101 at least. ) They only show a hint or screen shot when they're ready to release an update.
Which is why that screen shot of the level 75 buck is hopeful ( although I have my doubts when it was taken) for if an update isn't planned I doubt KI would have exposed it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
Goodness knows that I don't want to discourage players; I firmly believe this game will be getting a story update.
The fact is, KI has never been great at sharing things that are in development. ( For P101 at least. ) They only show a hint or screen shot when they're ready to release an update.
Which is why that screen shot of the level 75 buck is hopeful ( although I have my doubts when it was taken) for if an update isn't planned I doubt KI would have exposed it.
My apologies for sounding so ignorant, Esperanza, but where was the screenshot of the Level 75 Buccaneer? In the Newsletter?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
My apologies for sounding so ignorant, Esperanza, but where was the screenshot of the Level 75 Buccaneer? In the Newsletter?
It was in the update notes.