Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: Chicken Riot!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Hello Everyone! Time to discuss more lesser companions! And there is a LOT to talk about this time!

This topic will be all about Chicken Companions! Lets get started.

The Chicken Miner is obtained by Swashbucklers during the quest "Miner Threat"

The Chicken Ranger is acquired by Musketeers after the quest "Bust 'Em Out!". He promotes to the Chicken Sheriff at Level 35.

Corporal Sanders is rewarded to Musketeers during "The Ringleader". He promotes to Sergeant Sanders at level 55.

Eric Jolly is earned by Privateers after "Stomp that Foote!"

Monterey Jack is obtained by Privateers after "The Legend of Burly's Gold"

Nurse Quinn is rewarded to Swashbucklers after the quest "Saving Corporal Sanders"

Tyson is given to Musketeers after completion of "Pugilistic Integrity". He promotes at level 40 and level 51

Rooster Cogburn is won by all classes after "A Fistful of Mallards"

This is a lot of Companions, so this is going to need a LOT of ideas. Feel free to say all of your ideas on how to build these Companions!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I use Rooster Cogburn to attack Musketeers. I have him set up with levels of true Grit, and anything that works well with that. I send him in front to draw their fire and set up a shooting duel. He tends to do good damage to those long ranged enemies, giving melee crew a better chance to advance, and finish them off, if they live that long.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I must say, the buccaneer chickens are all kind of the same, and feel very interchangeable.

I do like having Rooster Cogburn on all of my pirates, and I have said since Day One, Nurse Quinn should get a promotion to Doctor Quinn, Medicine Chicken. If she got more healing powers, she would be much more popular.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Willowydream on Oct 24, 2018 wrote:
I must say, the buccaneer chickens are all kind of the same, and feel very interchangeable.

I do like having Rooster Cogburn on all of my pirates, and I have said since Day One, Nurse Quinn should get a promotion to Doctor Quinn, Medicine Chicken. If she got more healing powers, she would be much more popular.

I so agree that Quinn could use more heals.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I recently received Tyson on my Musketeer, and he is an absolute beast in battle. He starts with Relentless, which is a very good sign. He makes more use of Relentless as a starting epic than the Toreador Maestro, since he gets more epics than him later. And he has two whole promotions, too! Anyway, for his first extra epic i gave Tyson another tier of Relentless, and he can just get so many hits in! And this big chicken crits like crazy! Even without Blade Storm yet he hits like mad! Anyway, i've certainly found my Musket's firstmate!

Hardy Quinn

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Angel Angle The Li... on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:
I recently received Tyson on my Musketeer, and he is an absolute beast in battle. He starts with Relentless, which is a very good sign. He makes more use of Relentless as a starting epic than the Toreador Maestro, since he gets more epics than him later. And he has two whole promotions, too! Anyway, for his first extra epic i gave Tyson another tier of Relentless, and he can just get so many hits in! And this big chicken crits like crazy! Even without Blade Storm yet he hits like mad! Anyway, i've certainly found my Musket's firstmate!

Hardy Quinn
Glad to hear you like Tyson. He's a good buccaneer chicken -- but his voice!?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Angel Angle The Li... on Dec 4, 2018 wrote:

Hardy Quinn
After you posted this, I tried doing my own Tyson, and what I found certainly pushed him up the ranks! The final promotion can learn Blade Storm, by the way.

P.S.: Check out my Christmas Special!

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/building-lesser-companions-merry-christmas-8ad6a42b6759fbfc01677a11e6015af2?page=1

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The one thing they all need is at least one or two PROMOTIONS. Some don't have any at all, and they really need one as levels increase. Maybe even an Epic Strike power slot...