Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid Discovered?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Hey there fellow pirates! I've been doing quite a bit of morphing, and I believe I found a new hybrid! I hatched the Quackosaurus with the Silver Buffaloon, and after a few morphs, I got a dark silver, feathery egg! It hatched into a Silver Quackosaurus! Going off of the Pirate101 Wiki, it appears that this is an undiscovered hybrid! If this has already been discovered but just isn't on the wiki, I apologize for falsely claiming discovery of this hybrid. If anyone can verify that this is in fact a new hybrid and would like to update the Pirate101 Wiki, please let me know. I'd be happy to send you the screenshots, as I'm not very savvy with that sort of thing.

Edit: It's actually just Silversaurus! Sorry for that error.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
JDpwner on Oct 9, 2018 wrote:
Hey there fellow pirates! I've been doing quite a bit of morphing, and I believe I found a new hybrid! I hatched the Quackosaurus with the Silver Buffaloon, and after a few morphs, I got a dark silver, feathery egg! It hatched into a Silver Quackosaurus! Going off of the Pirate101 Wiki, it appears that this is an undiscovered hybrid! If this has already been discovered but just isn't on the wiki, I apologize for falsely claiming discovery of this hybrid. If anyone can verify that this is in fact a new hybrid and would like to update the Pirate101 Wiki, please let me know. I'd be happy to send you the screenshots, as I'm not very savvy with that sort of thing.

Screenshots posted on Pirate101 Central would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations!

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
I'm currently trying to make an account on there, but I'm having an issue with registration. I'm not getting any images under the "not a robot" verification, so I can't complete the registration. Any idea how I can fix this? And thank you very much! I've been hunting hybrids since Valencia part two came out, so I was ecstatic when I found that this was an undocumented hybrid.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Aiiiieeee, JDpwner is a robot! Otherwise it could see the images!

Seriously, congrats JD, and thanks for posting the information. It is about time they created a hybrid with the much-beloved quackosaurus as part of the formula.!

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
JDpwner on Oct 10, 2018 wrote:
I'm currently trying to make an account on there, but I'm having an issue with registration. I'm not getting any images under the "not a robot" verification, so I can't complete the registration. Any idea how I can fix this? And thank you very much! I've been hunting hybrids since Valencia part two came out, so I was ecstatic when I found that this was an undocumented hybrid.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Contact Us" link, which will allow you to send a message to Jester so he can see what the issue might be.

I hope to see your screenshots soon - it's very exciting!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Congratulations! Chester, my Silver Buffaloon, is proud of yooooo!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
JDpwner on Oct 9, 2018 wrote:

Yup, I thought so; I suggested this on the new pets thread on Jan. 30, 2018. I guess Decius liked the idea. (unless it was already hiding in the game) I guess I have to try to hatch one of these now!

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Thanks for all the congratulations! I'm currently trying to figure out how to solve this issue so I can post these screen shots as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I have to prove I'm not a robot to contact the support team, so I'm trying to find a solution. I'll update this post when I've figured things out. That said, if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share them!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Confirmation has been achieved! Here is the link to the wiki page for the Silversaurus:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Pet:Silversaurus

Thanks, JDpwner!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Oct 13, 2018 wrote:
Isn't this the hybrid that was suspected in the Producer's Letter clue?

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?62134-Producer-s-Letter-Clue
I hope not -- it doesn't really address the "terror" part of the hint. There isn't anything terrifying about a Silversaurus.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Willowydream on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:
I hope not -- it doesn't really address the "terror" part of the hint. There isn't anything terrifying about a Silversaurus.

I think the "terror" part is only there because it is a reference to Darkwing Duck's catch phrase. He was in a Disney animated show, spun off from Duck Tales, and was a bit of a satire of Batman. When he entered, he would say, "I am the terror that flaps in the night." I think this one is solved.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Donna Finch on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
I think the "terror" part is only there because it is a reference to Darkwing Duck's catch phrase. He was in a Disney animated show, spun off from Duck Tales, and was a bit of a satire of Batman. When he entered, he would say, "I am the terror that flaps in the night." I think this one is solved.
Well, since the Darkling Duck isn't a parent of this hybrid, it makes little sense to me as a clue.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Willowydream on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
Well, since the Darkling Duck isn't a parent of this hybrid, it makes little sense to me as a clue.

That's actually how I found this hybrid. I was doing a ton of morphs with the Darkling Duck and the Silver Buffaloon, but to no avail. I tried the Quackosaurus instead, and you know the rest of the story. I'm not convinced that this is the hybrid that was hinted at. Perhaps it's a key to the hybrid, though? After all, hybrids have been found to create other hybrids if I recall correctly. I think there might be something here that's worth looking into. Also, I'm glad the wiki page for the Silversaurus is up. I regret that I was unable to provide the pictures of the find, but no matter what I try, I'm unable to prove I'm humanhumanhumanhuman. Sorry about that, I must have short circuited-- Uh, I mean stuttered there.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:

I agree. If this was the hybrid from the producer's letter.....the clue referencing that part didn't make sense.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Do you think there is another hybrid to be found then, using the silversaurus?

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Calamity Finch on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Do you think there is another hybrid to be found then, using the silversaurus?
I do, actually. The Silversaurus doesn't quite fit the description, but perhaps it's one of the parents. That said, I do have a possible combination that just popped into my head that I'm going to pursue. I'll get back to you guys when I've done some more morphing!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011