Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Smashy/Shooty users can't use melee powers?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
I made a musketeer and I wanted to use a Smashy/Shooty combo. When I got Sneak attack I tried to use it with the combo and it says its unusable... Um the power does say it needs smashy, slashy or stabby to work. I tried everything. Running up to the foe. made sure it was on top of my powers and nothing worked. I'm not mad just... Disappointed per say. I can see a animation of the pirate running up to the foe and smacking them with there shield and shooting a couple times. Idk. Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Dead-eye Zane Wright Level 70

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
texas123557 on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
I made a musketeer and I wanted to use a Smashy/Shooty combo. When I got Sneak attack I tried to use it with the combo and it says its unusable... Um the power does say it needs smashy, slashy or stabby to work. I tried everything. Running up to the foe. made sure it was on top of my powers and nothing worked. I'm not mad just... Disappointed per say. I can see a animation of the pirate running up to the foe and smacking them with there shield and shooting a couple times. Idk. Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Dead-eye Zane Wright Level 70
Did you switch weapons to a Smashy, Slashy or Stabby weapon before trying to use the power? Additionally, some classes require you spend a training point to obtain the Smashy, Slashy, Stabby skill(s) to actually equip certain weapons (especially those at higher skill ranks).

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Is your weapon just shooty? Than you wouldn't be able to use it. It would work with a shooty/slashy weapon and such types.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Sneak Attack (and melee epics) require a blade. shields don't count.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
the minutemen on Oct 9, 2018 wrote:
Sneak Attack (and melee epics) require a blade. shields don't count.
What about a smashy club, for the melee attacks? Bucks have melee epics, don't they?

With sneak attack, didn't he say the card said it needed smashy, slashy OR stabby? I suspect some of the trouble is with the shooty side of things. Normally, musketeers can either attack OR move, not move to the enemy AND attack. I have a buck that does most melee moves just fine, but when some shooty/ smashy combo weapons are equipped, they change certain moves from the normal move and attack mode to just move and stop. It seems some combo weapons are not quite the combo they seem to be, that some weapons are considered Melee rules and some are ranged rules. Any witches or privateers want to chime in, on if this is the same with wand combo weapons too, or shooty/ slashy ones?