Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Playing Favorites

AuthorMessage
Hello! It's Friday, so let's chat about something new, shall we?

This week, let's talk about the September update! What's your favorite thing that we added to the Spiral this time? Skeleton keys? New inventory/friends list potions? Quest finder? Something else? We want to know...

Have a wonderful weekend, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Quest Finder has to be the most requested, most useful for all levels, part of the update, so I'd have to say that it's my favorite.

The skeleton keys have some issues, what with the debate about the drops, etc., and the fact that a promotion quest is behind one of the locks. If you add the rooms to the Team Up Ledger, it will help.

The elixirs are okay. They seem a little pricey for the small amount that gets added. 2500 crowns for 50 spaces would have been seen as a better value.

I do like the Dandy Duck - that was a nice touch.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
I would definitely say the lock option for items is my favorite part of the update. Takes the fear of accidentally selling a needed item. Thanks so much for adding this into the game.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
adding the entire update period was my favorite thing. in a game with very little love i'll take any update i can get.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I enjoyed the new quality of life updates and member benefirs, especially the ability to prevent items from being sold or trashed

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I love the Skelly Keys...they do bring a new challenge to the game. My favorite feature is probably the Item Lock, however. Makes me feel a little less paranoid when I'm selling stuff.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Good morning, Professor.

It would have to be the Quest Finder. I am enjoying the Skeleton Key bosses and am delighted about the extra storage space, but even my most jaded pirates are discovering quests that they somehow overlooked. Very, very useful, that Quest Finder.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I am very grateful for the inventory elixirs, but my pirates are absolutely loving the quest finder. Sadly, my lower level pirates are a bit miffed they don't get obsidian key bosses to play with, but I do remind them they still have the storyline to work through, which the upper level pirates are sadly missing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The only things that I liked about this update is Quest Finder ( I don't need it now, but in the future, maybe ) I never had a problem of accidentally selling or deleting an item, but Item Lock is good for those who are in a hurry to clear their backpack. The elixirs are very useful, so I choose them as my favorites.
Though why players are saying that any update is a favorite part, I only have this to say:"Why do we have to settle for slow, non-story updates?"

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Of what we know about, I have to go with the Friends List Expansion Elixir. I was in need of space badly on both of my pirates (they had full lists) so it was nice to see this added, I now will have space for a few weeks to a month.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Normally, I would have voted for quest finder as my favorite, however, I haven't had a reason to need this feature in several years (simply no new quests to "find" as I have completed every quest). If/when a new world with side quests are introduced, I will quickly have need of this feature and will be a favorite.

So, I will have to go with the Skeleton key introduction. Two of the four bosses were an absolute thrilling fight and enjoyable experience (the other two were simply carbon copies of the fights I did in the main storyline, just with more enemy HP). I put emphasis on the term "were" as by the 10th fight of these bosses it was getting old. Unlike the Kane fight, where I'm anticipating getting a coveted Kane Mask or a Nefarious weapon from the Nefarious Five.....there isn't such a desire with these battles. There isn't anything I'm hoping for. I'm just slogging through the repetitive battles whittling down the requirement for the badge. However, I still place this feature as my favorite since the potential of this concept could produce future bosses that will bring back that desire to farm.

I didn't find much value in the lock items feature or increase space elixirs, since there isn't a whole lot of unique gear I want to save. Everything I want to save can be spread across multiple pirates banks/shared/backpacks already. Unlike Wizard101 which is bursting with tons of no auction, bundles and Crowns gear resulting in a need to buy increase space elixirs, I simply don't have enough "special" items here in Pirate101.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Continuation of my previous post......

Member benefits. Cannot comment at all on this, since none of the benefits have been available since the update went live. Do we have a time frame of when benefits will be available to members?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Continuation of my previous post......

Member benefits. Cannot comment at all on this, since none of the benefits have been available since the update went live. Do we have a time frame of when benefits will be available to members?
Hopefully they will run consecutively throughout October as part of the anniversary celebration.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello! It's Friday, so let's chat about something new, shall we?

This week, let's talk about the September update! What's your favorite thing that we added to the Spiral this time? Skeleton keys? New inventory/friends list potions? Quest finder? Something else? We want to know...

Have a wonderful weekend, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Well, I really enjoyed the new space increasing elixirs, Quest Finder, & the Skeleton Key bosses. Those were some long awaited changes I really liked and wanted for a while. Thanks! Hope more changes like these get made!

One different, albeit unrelated note, could you archive all the past topics in a forums section like how Blind Mew's posts used to be archived sometime soon? They're occupying The Tavern and taking up a lotta space.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
The lock feature and the keys. I also liked what you did with Old Scratches new promotion!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. A new topic shall be sailing your way shortly!