Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doom Mojo in PvP

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I'll make this quick. Doom. Mojo. Needs. To. Be. Banned. From. PvP. (or nerfed to the ground) When it crits, it wipes both teams, and when it doesn't it can still be combined with banner + fog or boon to do massive damage across the board. It's entirely unskilled, and while it's not original BoD bad, it's still way too insane.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
I'll make this quick. Doom. Mojo. Needs. To. Be. Banned. From. PvP. (or nerfed to the ground) When it crits, it wipes both teams, and when it doesn't it can still be combined with banner + fog or boon to do massive damage across the board. It's entirely unskilled, and while it's not original BoD bad, it's still way too insane.
I wondered when we would hear from the Rank PvP-ers. When this was in test, why didn't you come forward then? Too busy farming for keys and the bosses?
This update went to live much too quickly.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Yep

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Even the original BoD was based on will so it had natural counters in other classes. Doom mojo displays ~400 damage, but I've seen it randomly wipe out entire teams. I'm sure some people like having 2 minute matches, but personally I don't think that's fun or challenging at all.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Community Leader
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
I wondered when we would hear from the Rank PvP-ers. When this was in test, why didn't you come forward then? Too busy farming for keys and the bosses?
Because no one tested it enough to realize that it instantly wipes the board when it criticals? We knew it was incredibly pushed since it scaled with weapon power buffs, but the super broken part, the fact that critical damage is absolutely insane, went unrealized until recently

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Guess we thought ki would've realized how broken the abillity is, guess not.

The update did indeed go to live too quickly, doom mojo shouldn't even be a playable character ability, imo

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Why only comment to try and bring another person down? I agree that the update went live much too quickly, but that's no reason to bash people for not getting around to everything.

That said, yes, the power's brokenness speaks for itself so enough said. It needs to go.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's broken in PVE & PVP; if this is KI answer to make WD more powerful, it's back-fired BIG!

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I made a post about the incoming scratch reign of terror in the test realm section, mentioning all the issues he had. Athough, I will admit I didn’t have nearly enough doomsaying in it considering what was coming. Guess I didn’t expect my post to be pushed aside and it all to make it in live

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wolf SkullRider on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
Why only comment to try and bring another person down? I agree that the update went live much too quickly, but that's no reason to bash people for not getting around to everything.

That said, yes, the power's brokenness speaks for itself so enough said. It needs to go.
My point was that testing a new power is as important as getting it. That the time to point out flaws is during test, before KI takes it to the live game. Also, that it's possible to extrapolate the effects of a power from PVE to the PVP format.
And before you ask me why I didn't test it and report, my paid crowns ran out and I couldn't access the test realm.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
I also agree, this update came to live way sooner than I expected it to. I was still farming to see the new gear drops, let alone testing new powers for pvp.