Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Baar worth it?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2015
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PupcakeScarves on Sep 5, 2018 wrote:
Curious to hear opinions on it. :)
I wish I had him. His looks ( at final promotion ) are wonderful, & his War Weasel attack is funny. He seems to be a powerful companion ( basing this on what I've observed in team-ups ).
I would say he was worth it.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I’m not sure I want to say “worth it” because if you go spending crowns on a pack looking for one specific companion, you’re probably going to have a bad time, it could potientally cost several boatloads of crowns. He’s good but he’s not necessarily a meta defining companion that you just “have” spend loads on packs for. Nonetheless he is good, he has enough epic talents to put him on par with other valuable buccaneer companions, but instead of having brute force powers he’s more of a support with 3 stat reducing abilities and 2 pet summons. He’s pretty good for beastmaster banner based team compositions and for reducing enemy stats before sending another companion to try and land combos on them, but he is also perfectly fine for giving him a strength buff and sending him to destroy an enemy instead. He also has tide 3 so he tends to survive a bit longer then other melee companions in pvp. He’s certainly a good companion who has his uses but many people do just fine without him

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
depends on what you are going for. if you are looking for a tank you better off buying Gortez. you'll spend just as much crowns, if not more, on grizzly packs and get snacks and pets.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
"Worth it" in what way? I love my Baar, and still laugh at the weasel attacks. Like all the bears, he's a nice addition to the crew. Am I going to spend a fortune in crowns to try to get one on every one of my pirates? Nope. If another shows up I'll gladly use him, but I'm not going to obsessively hunt for him for 20 pirates (OK, 18, because I think I already have him twice).

For lower level pirates, he's one heck of a good helper. As you get more powerful crew, he starts to dominate less, but even on maxed pirates I find him valuable.