Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

3 New Elixir Ideas That Aren't In Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
After talking with a couple friends I wanted to suggest 3 new Elixir ideas that aren't in test realm.

1. Additional Companion Elixir - Cost 5,000 Crowns - Allows your Pirate to have 1 additional companion to help for each fight. 1 Elixir per Pirate. (This would increase the companions that can help you from 3 to 4, or 4 to 5 for promotion quests).

2. Additional Epic Elixir - Cost 5,000 Crowns - Gives all of your companions an additional epic choice. 2 Elixirs per Pirate.

3. Additional Gold Elixir - Cost 2,500 Crowns - Gives your Pirate space to hold 100,000 more gold a time. 2 Elixirs per Pirate.

I have a feeling the third idea will be liked, but the first 2 ideas will not be liked.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
After talking with a couple friends I wanted to suggest 3 new Elixir ideas that aren't in test realm.

1. Additional Companion Elixir - Cost 5,000 Crowns - Allows your Pirate to have 1 additional companion to help for each fight. 1 Elixir per Pirate. (This would increase the companions that can help you from 3 to 4, or 4 to 5 for promotion quests).

2. Additional Epic Elixir - Cost 5,000 Crowns - Gives all of your companions an additional epic choice. 2 Elixirs per Pirate.

3. Additional Gold Elixir - Cost 2,500 Crowns - Gives your Pirate space to hold 100,000 more gold a time. 2 Elixirs per Pirate.

I have a feeling the third idea will be liked, but the first 2 ideas will not be liked.
Here is another new Elixir idea,

4. Additional Talents Elixir - Cost 5,000 Crowns - Gives all of your companions 4 additional talent choices (so you can have Rank 4 of an extra talent). 1 Elixir per Pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you have crowns to spend and need extra help in battle, buy a henchman. They have better powers and talents than an extra companion.
There are Gold Boost elixirs in the crown shop. Along with elixirs that enhance your abilities, & boosting experience plus nautical experience. All these have the time of effect of an hour.

And the henchmen and booster elixirs are much cheaper than your suggestions.

If you intend that these elixirs have permanent results, this is "OP" & "pay to win".

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
How about an elixir to transfer companions to different pirates on the same account?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Sep 19, 2018 wrote:
How about an elixir to transfer companions to different pirates on the same account?
I don't think it should be an elixir. It should be like the castles in Wizard101, transfer available through the shared bank every three months, only for bought companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
I don't think it should be an elixir. It should be like the castles in Wizard101, transfer available through the shared bank every three months, only for bought companions.

If it's a crown shop purchase, then you can buy it for the "correct" pirate. Same with bundle companions, there is already a way to put the companion on the pirate you want to have it.
I don't believe there should be a way to transfer companions, of any kind.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
How about an elixer to never have to get the magnificent 7 on any of your crew

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In Search of Yum on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
How about an elixer to never have to get the magnificent 7 on any of your crew
Careful - Show no disrespect to the Seven, or Timmy will have to come pay you a visit.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
If it's a crown shop purchase, then you can buy it for the "correct" pirate. Same with bundle companions, there is already a way to put the companion on the pirate you want to have it.
I don't believe there should be a way to transfer companions, of any kind.
How do you buy the Ninja Pig companion for the "correct" pirate if it is currently on a different pirate?

If you can already buy most other companions for each pirate already, why not an option to transfer them and save the player some money (instead of buying the companion/bundle six times over?)? Or at least make the cost of the elixir half the price of the Crown/bundle companion. It would make for better PvP strategies or PvE boss encounters if players could mix and match companions with their different Pirate classes.

Unlike certain weapons/gear that can't be traded (or shouldn't be traded), since it was earned with that character, most of the companions are not "earned", but rather just simply bought. Now that companions can be stored at your home, my assumption is that sharing some of them is at least technically possible.

Clearly some companions cannot be traded at all (namely those with voice acting that are distinctive to certain classes or origins). However, the ones I'm referring to are the Crowns/Bundles/Redeem companions that are generic to those factors.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
How do you buy the Ninja Pig companion for the "correct" pirate if it is currently on a different pirate?

If you can already buy most other companions for each pirate already, why not an option to transfer them and save the player some money (instead of buying the companion/bundle six times over?)? Or at least make the cost of the elixir half the price of the Crown/bundle companion. It would make for better PvP strategies or PvE boss encounters if players could mix and match companions with their different Pirate classes.

Unlike certain weapons/gear that can't be traded (or shouldn't be traded), since it was earned with that character, most of the companions are not "earned", but rather just simply bought. Now that companions can be stored at your home, my assumption is that sharing some of them is at least technically possible.

Clearly some companions cannot be traded at all (namely those with voice acting that are distinctive to certain classes or origins). However, the ones I'm referring to are the Crowns/Bundles/Redeem companions that are generic to those factors.
Ninja Pig isn't purchasable - you gain it from a code and you can claim it on the pirate you want it to go to. That's how KI makes their money, buy purchasing companions from the crown shop, bundles or packs ( yes, six times over ) if you really want that companion on that certain pirate.
There are crown shop duplicates for most of the "major" companions through this game, you also unlock certain companions ( if you don't recruit them ).

It's up to you to decide what crew works best for you, you don't have to buy them all to have a great team either for PVP or PVE.