Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Producers Letter Over-Analyzation/Hypefest

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
AHHHH CONTENT AHHHHH

Ok. Now that that's over with, time to dive into every single detail and see what hidden stuff we can find!

1) I'll start with the first picture in the part talking about skeleton keys. 2 things of interest in here. For one, Scratch is sporting some new here. Perhaps this is hinting at a Scratch promotion? Will he be even more broken than before? Also, the hand in the mid-right doesn't look like any enemy or companion model I've seen before, so perhaps this is a new model?

2) Also, the picture below that is showing off one of the key doors. It appears to be a spiral door, so perhaps we could be fighting a boss in a world our pirate has not yet visited? Time will tell.

3) A second batch of skeleton key bosses is mentioned for later in the year, so I would like to propose a little theory. We know for a fact the Krampus is in the files. Around the time Krampus appeared, there were also rumors of references to skeleton keys appearing in the files. Could this perhaps mean that we could be getting a batch of Christmas bosses?
ALSO, CONTENT, AHHH

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
2 more things I noticed:

1) The undead witch doctor in the pic is being damaged by the swash, indicating that it is an enemy, however I do still think that this model could be used for a scratch promotion.

2) The crystals on the undead witch doctor are quite interesting. If this is truly scratch’s next promo, perhaps we could be going to Avernus to do something with the doom shards? These could also be from the Isle of Doom.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 27, 2018 wrote:
AHHHH CONTENT AHHHHH

Ok. Now that that's over with, time to dive into every single detail and see what hidden stuff we can find!

1) I'll start with the first picture in the part talking about skeleton keys. 2 things of interest in here. For one, Scratch is sporting some new here. Perhaps this is hinting at a Scratch promotion? Will he be even more broken than before? Also, the hand in the mid-right doesn't look like any enemy or companion model I've seen before, so perhaps this is a new model?

2) Also, the picture below that is showing off one of the key doors. It appears to be a spiral door, so perhaps we could be fighting a boss in a world our pirate has not yet visited? Time will tell.

3) A second batch of skeleton key bosses is mentioned for later in the year, so I would like to propose a little theory. We know for a fact the Krampus is in the files. Around the time Krampus appeared, there were also rumors of references to skeleton keys appearing in the files. Could this perhaps mean that we could be getting a batch of Christmas bosses?
ALSO, CONTENT, AHHH
AHHH! CONTENT, AHHH!

1. I also noticed that Old Scratch is sporting a new look - a promotion to introduce the skeleton keys ( ? ),as well as the hint of his new "abilities".
2. I have seen the stand alone doors of skeleton key bosses in wizard101, so I'm not sure we'll be getting Wizzy bosses here ( although we might, as their models already exist and this makes it quicker to add a boss than make up an entirely new one. )
3. I agree that the second wave of SK content will likely include Krampus, especially since it's happening later this year ( for Christmas, perhaps? )
But what I'm excited about is that we're getting a "quality of life" update ( crafting, perhaps? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I will most definitely be buying increased backpack and friend's list potions! I was looking at the SK boss door ( it's in Scrimshaw, judging by the background ) While in form it resembles a spiral door, it's clearly marked as a SK sigil, ( look at the skull at the top.)

Ensign
Oct 04, 2012
My speculation is that possibly the skeleton key bosses have a companion drop or potentially good gear. With this new addition to the game I’m so glad there are some more things to do in the game now.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:
AHHH! CONTENT, AHHH!

1. I also noticed that Old Scratch is sporting a new look - a promotion to introduce the skeleton keys ( ? ),as well as the hint of his new "abilities".
2. I have seen the stand alone doors of skeleton key bosses in wizard101, so I'm not sure we'll be getting Wizzy bosses here ( although we might, as their models already exist and this makes it quicker to add a boss than make up an entirely new one. )
3. I agree that the second wave of SK content will likely include Krampus, especially since it's happening later this year ( for Christmas, perhaps? )
But what I'm excited about is that we're getting a "quality of life" update ( crafting, perhaps? )
I actually think it is more likely to be more hybrid pets and 5 more levels as opposed to crafting. Bat Masterson said the newsletter is some of what will be talked about on Thursday, so I think they announced the little stuff in the newsletter and the big announcements will come Thursday. In the newsletter when talking about the new backpack elixir that is coming it said "every 5 levels" people complain, and when talking about the Skeleton Key Bosses that are coming it said they would be for the "highest level pirates" notice it did not say Level 70 pirates. And if Old Scratch is getting a promotion why would it be at Level 70 as he hasn't had a promotion at Level 70? Wouldn't it more likely be at Level 75?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
AHH CONTENT AHH

Now that i think about it, what gear is heavily requested?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I am all for over analyzing the producers letter!
Old Scratch: he is definitely getting some sort of promotion next update. I can’t help but wonder if it is related to him introducing skeleton keys or something else. If skeleton keys will eventually unlock doors for lower level boss content it seems weird having the introduction locked behind a more end game promotion. I wonder if the promotion will be related to something else...

Skeleton key door: it is seemingly in Scrimshaw by the looks, although I haven’t actually sailed to scrimshaw to confirm for sure. At first I was thinking some kind of Rat Pack related skeleton key boss but the window has an upside down shadow magic symbol on it so I can’t help but wonder if it is something far more sinister and perhaps otherworldly.

Also some of the rewards will be highly requested content! What does that even mean I wonder.... special weapon designs? Cool new powers? New boss themed outfits for my fashion101!? Ship or companion drops!?!? Finally a music box for my cabin!?!?!??? Ok let’s not get too excited that last one will probably never happen

Also throwing it out there now Donkey Hotey = new super deadly skeleton key boss

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:
I actually think it is more likely to be more hybrid pets and 5 more levels as opposed to crafting. Bat Masterson said the newsletter is some of what will be talked about on Thursday, so I think they announced the little stuff in the newsletter and the big announcements will come Thursday. In the newsletter when talking about the new backpack elixir that is coming it said "every 5 levels" people complain, and when talking about the Skeleton Key Bosses that are coming it said they would be for the "highest level pirates" notice it did not say Level 70 pirates. And if Old Scratch is getting a promotion why would it be at Level 70 as he hasn't had a promotion at Level 70? Wouldn't it more likely be at Level 75?
KI could have added a level 70 promotion to appear for Old Scratch just for this update ( his last promotion was at level 32, so he's due ). The announcement specifically says "a quality of life update" with NO mention of higher levels. Level 70 is the highest level now, why would they give new content that can't be tested unless we're level 75?
A hybrid pet clue was also announced, Dino.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
If you brighten the first image with the swash, you can see that the background looks Aztecan. Perhaps an extension to Xol Amul?

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
AHHHH TEST REALM AHHHH

Now that test is officially out, I'd like to go over my predictions and see what I got right and what I got wrong.

1) I was right on the scratch promotion. However, the hand was nothing new.

2) Dream doors are interesting. Maybe the dream door is like its own little pocket world, like the spirit world or dream dimension. Who knows. I'll take this guess as a win.

3) I still think Krampus is coming in the second batch.

4) Hehe, I guess it was scratch that was being hit after all, just not in the way I thought lol. I'm not sure what I think about the dream concept, but it's certainly interesting.

5) Completely wrong on the crystals.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 30, 2018 wrote:
AHHHH TEST REALM AHHHH

Now that test is officially out, I'd like to go over my predictions and see what I got right and what I got wrong.

1) I was right on the scratch promotion. However, the hand was nothing new.

2) Dream doors are interesting. Maybe the dream door is like its own little pocket world, like the spirit world or dream dimension. Who knows. I'll take this guess as a win.

3) I still think Krampus is coming in the second batch.

4) Hehe, I guess it was scratch that was being hit after all, just not in the way I thought lol. I'm not sure what I think about the dream concept, but it's certainly interesting.

5) Completely wrong on the crystals.
TEST REALM!?

What do you mean, there's a test realm? Why hasn't it been announced yet and where can I go to down load it?