Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sell Value Confusion?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have a Super Loyal Yellow Marshadillow, and it's sell value appears to be 150 gold. I morphed it with another pet and got a baby Yellow Marshadillow, and the new pet's sell value is 1500?

Why is the baby pet worth more to the vendor than the parent pet?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
I have a Super Loyal Yellow Marshadillow, and it's sell value appears to be 150 gold. I morphed it with another pet and got a baby Yellow Marshadillow, and the new pet's sell value is 1500?

Why is the baby pet worth more to the vendor than the parent pet?

Because it's a morph and has more of a pedigree with the potential for better talents/powers than the parent.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
Because it's a morph and has more of a pedigree with the potential for better talents/powers than the parent.
No, its pedigree is actually lower... Other pets that I have morphed do not have this dramatic difference between the parents' sell price and the offspring.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Was it still in the egg? Eggs seem to sell for more, because there is still a mystery there about what it could be, I guess. I've seen prices drop after they hatch, and the regular pet wrangling pet is revealed.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 13, 2018 wrote:
Was it still in the egg? Eggs seem to sell for more, because there is still a mystery there about what it could be, I guess. I've seen prices drop after they hatch, and the regular pet wrangling pet is revealed.
In the egg, or hatched, the sell price is ten times that of its parent.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
In the egg, or hatched, the sell price is ten times that of its parent.

I want to weigh in on those. After thinking about and reading this thread the only thing that comes to my mind is that the particular combo you tried makes a hybrid and it was impossible to just code the hybrid egg to sell for more so all the eggs from that combo sell for more.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
I want to weigh in on those. After thinking about and reading this thread the only thing that comes to my mind is that the particular combo you tried makes a hybrid and it was impossible to just code the hybrid egg to sell for more so all the eggs from that combo sell for more.
Interesting idea -- I will keep trying and see if there is a hybrid eventually. I usually average about 30 morphs before I get them, so I could be at it for a while. The pet I morphed with was an Adorabilis.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I have noticed that if I get an egg from pet wrangling and check the sell price, it is 1500, and when I wait for the same egg to hatch and check, it is 150. Can any of your hatched pets sell for more than 150? You can check the offered price without selling the pets and eggs.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 18, 2018 wrote:
I have noticed that if I get an egg from pet wrangling and check the sell price, it is 1500, and when I wait for the same egg to hatch and check, it is 150. Can any of your hatched pets sell for more than 150? You can check the offered price without selling the pets and eggs.
Yes, most pets sell for more than 150 gold. Some sell for more than 1500.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Is it because Super Loyal pets were only listed for 150 gold? In other words, is the price tag for 150 gold exclusive to only the Super Loyal pets?

The Super Loyal pets come from a timeframe before the inflation rate changed in the game (and probably will never be adjusted given that they are no longer available).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Jun 20, 2018 wrote:
Is it because Super Loyal pets were only listed for 150 gold? In other words, is the price tag for 150 gold exclusive to only the Super Loyal pets?

The Super Loyal pets come from a timeframe before the inflation rate changed in the game (and probably will never be adjusted given that they are no longer available).
Well, I guess I'd have to research that with my other Super Loyal pets. Why would they all automatically receive a sell price of 150 gold, only to have their offspring worth ten times as much?

It makes no sense to me...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Jun 20, 2018 wrote:

The pets I was selling for 150 were not super loyal, they were recent pet wrangling drops. Do you mean that any pets that were around since the beginning of the game have the 150 price when they have hatched?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
The pets I was selling for 150 were not super loyal, they were recent pet wrangling drops. Do you mean that any pets that were around since the beginning of the game have the 150 price when they have hatched?
Yep, that's what I was referring to. I was assuming that all pets originally introduced prior to the pet update, might have been defaulted to 150 gold.....and all pets since then have provided more gold upon sell. However, if you are selling newer pets at 150 gold....then that clearly doesn't offer a solution.