Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boosting -- An issue that didn't get a fix

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Matthew525011 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
I would say anyone who didn't boost that season is among the best in the game, regardless of whether or not they had moo robe. Yes moo robe was op, but by the time you reached higher ranks (200-300+), you would probably be fighting exclusively people with their own cottas to match yours or players who were skillful enough to beat them consistently. I don't see how that makes them any less deserving. Take Deathflame for example. He used cottas. He went undefeated on his buck. There's no doubt in my mind he's elite.

There might be some people who were "carried" to champ by their moo robe, but I doubt those people are large in number. The amount of players who were legitimately skillfull, with and without moo robe, that season would have prevented so called "moo noobs" from reaching champion undeservingly.
I really hate to be the one to point this out, but there does happen to be a glitch in Moo Tower that gives you a way to get rare drops quicker. I will not say how it is done as Kingsisle already knows and they have stated they don't want this glitch abused. Because this glitch exists however if boosters have to loose their champion badge, it might only be fair that these people lose it as well.

I hope no one is mad at me for kindly pointing this out.

Community Leader
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
I really hate to be the one to point this out, but there does happen to be a glitch in Moo Tower that gives you a way to get rare drops quicker. I will not say how it is done as Kingsisle already knows and they have stated they don't want this glitch abused. Because this glitch exists however if boosters have to loose their champion badge, it might only be fair that these people lose it as well.

No. Once again, you are horribly wrong. This glitch only existed after the dreadnaught came out. Those people who had moo robe from back then got it legitimately. In addition, this is a terrible false equivalency. Even if someone uses this glitch, they still must fight the enemy for its loot. In boosting, the boosters do nothing that even resembles real pvp.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
are you talking about the cabin glitch i thought that didn't work in tower and also when did the devs say you couldn't do the glitch

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
valdus15797 on Jul 23, 2018 wrote:
are you talking about the cabin glitch i thought that didn't work in tower and also when did the devs say you couldn't do the glitch
This thread is about Ranked PVP and boosters getting to Champion by cheating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:

Why are talking about that glitch in comparison to Ranked PVP? It has nothing to do with the subject.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
This thread is about Ranked PVP and boosters getting to Champion by cheating.
Yes and the glitch I am referring to helps people get rare items like The Imperial Robes Of Moo Manchu quicker, I am asking if people feel this is also hurting Ranked PVP and would fall into the game category as boosting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
Yes and the glitch I am referring to helps people get rare items like The Imperial Robes Of Moo Manchu quicker, I am asking if people feel this is also hurting Ranked PVP and would fall into the game category as boosting.
Since the Moo Robes were adjusted for Ranked PVP ( having the amount of Terror-Cotta appearing based on the Will stat ) this item is no longer a "must have" for competition. Second Chance chests allow players to get an item "quicker", but I don't see anyone complaining about "chest spamming" being a cheat.
There is no comparison here.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
Boosting is a completely different thing altogether. Even then, you're basically arguing a glitch that only affects PVE is hurting PVP. Sure, the glitch may make it easier to get items more quickly, but people would have gotten them through enough farming; all this does is make that process take less time. Of course, using the glitch is still not a very honorable thing to do, but saying that it somehow makes PVP more unfair is ridiculous, and if you call it boosting you must clearly not know what boosting is.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If getting more people to PVP would help with this issue, might holding a PVP announced party/gathering at the Brawling Hall help?

Do you think it would be a good idea if KI did a Brawling Hall open house once a month, letting free-to-play people try ranked for free? Would that be an encouraging thing or a discouraging?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jul 28, 2018 wrote:
If getting more people to PVP would help with this issue, might holding a PVP announced party/gathering at the Brawling Hall help?

Do you think it would be a good idea if KI did a Brawling Hall open house once a month, letting free-to-play people try ranked for free? Would that be an encouraging thing or a discouraging?
A few years ago, KI did host a Ranked event; play 5 ranked matches and get entered for a draw for crowns, it would be good to do this again, just as they brought back the pillow fight.
Having just one free ranked match as an introduction, might be nice, or reduce the amount for a 24 hour pass.