Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unable to move after battle - can't open chests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This has happened to both my high-level witchdoctor and my privateer when I have been helping other pirates in the Bandit Cave during the quest Boar to the Core. After the sorcerer battles, when there is a group plunder chest, my high level pirate cannot move or teleport until the group plunder chest timer expires. Once it is gone, my character can move again. Just now, it was the Wind Sorcerer for my privateer, the first time it was the Fire Sorcerer for my witchdoctor.

It hasn't happened if there is no group plunder chest, or maybe I have only noticed it particularly because I feel bad that the group plunder couldn't be collected.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It happened a third time, after I made my first post, when there was a group plunder chest for the final battle with the Inoshishi Chief. My privateer couldn't move until the group plunder chest was gone and the other pirate had completed the dialogue and left the cave.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on May 26, 2018 wrote:
This has happened to both my high-level witchdoctor and my privateer when I have been helping other pirates in the Bandit Cave during the quest Boar to the Core. After the sorcerer battles, when there is a group plunder chest, my high level pirate cannot move or teleport until the group plunder chest timer expires. Once it is gone, my character can move again. Just now, it was the Wind Sorcerer for my privateer, the first time it was the Fire Sorcerer for my witchdoctor.

It hasn't happened if there is no group plunder chest, or maybe I have only noticed it particularly because I feel bad that the group plunder couldn't be collected.

This has happened to me, but only when companions are commenting and for a few seconds after their dialogue.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on May 27, 2018 wrote:
This has happened to me, but only when companions are commenting and for a few seconds after their dialogue.
I know what you mean about the companion popup dialogue making it so that the character cannot move -- this is different. Only one of the pirates, my higher level, is stuck. The other player can run around and open all of the other chests, but I cannot help them open the group plunder.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe one of the others rushed to a dialog that caused you to freeze in place, basically someone skipped the loot collection phase and moved to the next thing? Could also be a random glitch, if it only happens with some of the group chests, and also in fights with no group chests.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 27, 2018 wrote:
Maybe one of the others rushed to a dialog that caused you to freeze in place, basically someone skipped the loot collection phase and moved to the next thing? Could also be a random glitch, if it only happens with some of the group chests, and also in fights with no group chests.
No, it seems particularly to affect this dungeon, Bandit Cave, unless someone else has seen it happen elsewhere. I've done the cave a few times in the past week or so, which is why it became particularly evident.

There is no popup dialogue in the questline, only standard dialogue boxes. The other pirate was collecting loot chests and I could not move. No dialogue was visible on screen, so I should not have been frozen in place.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Willowydream on May 26, 2018 wrote:

This happens to me often, as well. I can't tell what conditions make it occur either. However, if I recall correctly, at least one of the four players is still able to move around (the glitch doesn't seem to immobilize everyone). Aggravating, because you need everyone to open the four person chest.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2013
Everyone if you are in the chat bar and where typing you move this has happend to me before btw its mostly on text chat ya can not move if you were just typing in the chat box and you can move since your still typing it thinks which means the game

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2013
This has happend to me before actually but without typing in the text chat box

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
keegar on May 29, 2018 wrote:
Everyone if you are in the chat bar and where typing you move this has happend to me before btw its mostly on text chat ya can not move if you were just typing in the chat box and you can move since your still typing it thinks which means the game
No one was chatting during the battles I described.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2013