Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mickey Dugan

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2010
There is a quest that Mickey should be able to give me, yet I don't have it in his quest log. It is called, Latest News: A Call for Help. I would like it if anyone could tell me if I need too do more quests than, "The Great and Powerful Turtle" and "Emperor Moo." I would greatly appreciate it!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
haydenm13 on May 5, 2018 wrote:
There is a quest that Mickey should be able to give me, yet I don't have it in his quest log. It is called, Latest News: A Call for Help. I would like it if anyone could tell me if I need too do more quests than, "The Great and Powerful Turtle" and "Emperor Moo." I would greatly appreciate it!
Did you promote your Kraken Skulls companion in MooShu? Several of them require an encounter with Moo Manchu in Kaizoku Jima.

Community Leader
I could be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with your Kraken skulls companion not being promoted. I seem to recall having Emmett unpromoted on my privateer when I unlocked the quest. According to P101Central wiki, you have to be at least level 50 (I'd recommend waiting until level 60+) to get the quest.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Completing all the MooShu side quests gives you the MooShu Mystic badge, I think once you've done this then the "A Call for Help" quest is unlocked. There are a couple of "hidden" quest givers - one is Yagi Sonada in Sacred Mountain, find her in a temple to the side from the main Pagoda. The other is a monk at Wai Noh shrine, he's hiding behind some wooden plaques, I think his quest is "A Time to Repent". ( or Atonement. )
It has nothing to do with levels - I had a character get this quest at level48.

Community Leader
anecorbie on May 9, 2018 wrote:
Completing all the MooShu side quests gives you the MooShu Mystic badge, I think once you've done this then the "A Call for Help" quest is unlocked. There are a couple of "hidden" quest givers - one is Yagi Sonada in Sacred Mountain, find her in a temple to the side from the main Pagoda. The other is a monk at Wai Noh shrine, he's hiding behind some wooden plaques, I think his quest is "A Time to Repent". ( or Atonement. )
It has nothing to do with levels - I had a character get this quest at level48.
It's definitely not completing all Mooshu side quests. I haven't done all Mooshu side quests on any of my characters, and I've gotten the quest. If level isn't a factor, central needs to update their wiki. I checked the official update notes from when the tower came out. They say:
  • Attention high level pirates! If you have completed all of Mooshu (including the quest "The Great and Powerful Turtle) as well as all the Moo Manchu side quests (beginning with "The Moo Manchurian Candidate" given by Lord Chagatai in Subata), you will find a new quest from the Town Crier...

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP