Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Pet Roost

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Discussions of the mount that appeared to be a chair led to me to thinking that it would be nice if we could have a useable pet shoulder-roost animation, where our birds (or lizards or whatever animal) could appear to perch on our pirate's shoulder. Of course, with a minotaur the same size as a pirate, that wouldn't work, but maybe just in the baby stage? Until they level up? Maybe it could be a stitchable version of a hat?

I think it would be really cute.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
Discussions of the mount that appeared to be a chair led to me to thinking that it would be nice if we could have a useable pet shoulder-roost animation, where our birds (or lizards or whatever animal) could appear to perch on our pirate's shoulder. Of course, with a minotaur the same size as a pirate, that wouldn't work, but maybe just in the baby stage? Until they level up? Maybe it could be a stitchable version of a hat?

I think it would be really cute.

Well, I'm not sure that I'm for having a part bovine carried on my shoulders ( unless you're Milo of Croton, ancient famous strong man. )
But it was certainly traditional for pirates to have their pets on their shoulders ( be they bird, monkey or reptile. ) So I would be for this but only for certain pets. Spider or octopus on your shoulder, anyone?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Perhaps this is something that could be specific to a particular pet that was designed to sit on one's shoulder, being very small as a baby, and still a reasonable size to sit on a shoulder when it is maxed. In Wiz, there were some unusual wands that had a special animation for attacks: guitars, lutes, flutes etc. Maybe it would be possible to create pets that would have a special animation for this, when your follower, rather than trying to make it general to all pets. Maybe a spider would sit on your shoulder and crawl down when bored, then back up. A bird could sit on the shoulder, and flutter to hover in the air above, then land again, as it's waiting animation.

When I saw your post, I thought of some of the pet furniture that came from a pack. It would be good if pets, placed in houses, could use those. A Kitty could go on the post with platforms, flying pets go on perches. and I would really like to see pets walk through those hamster tubes.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Apr 23, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps this is something that could be specific to a particular pet that was designed to sit on one's shoulder, being very small as a baby, and still a reasonable size to sit on a shoulder when it is maxed. In Wiz, there were some unusual wands that had a special animation for attacks: guitars, lutes, flutes etc. Maybe it would be possible to create pets that would have a special animation for this, when your follower, rather than trying to make it general to all pets. Maybe a spider would sit on your shoulder and crawl down when bored, then back up. A bird could sit on the shoulder, and flutter to hover in the air above, then land again, as it's waiting animation.

When I saw your post, I thought of some of the pet furniture that came from a pack. It would be good if pets, placed in houses, could use those. A Kitty could go on the post with platforms, flying pets go on perches. and I would really like to see pets walk through those hamster tubes.
Great suggestions -- I totally agree about the tunnels, I was so disappointed that the pets couldn't go through them.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I would pay good crowns to have my pet flying snake curled around my neck whenever Im not fighting.