Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you think is after El Dorado?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
I understand that storyline is for KI to decide, but I don't feel that there's much to do after El Dorado if we even go there. New worlds are great (e.g. Grizzleheim, and Rajah) but what's the storyline behind it? What could possibly connect these worlds together? I mean if you haven't realized already, the storyline pertains to historical events. What do you think is next

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hopefully we don't go searching for the Ark of the Covenant or a chest with Davy Jones' heart in it...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
moses3345 on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
I understand that storyline is for KI to decide, but I don't feel that there's much to do after El Dorado if we even go there. New worlds are great (e.g. Grizzleheim, and Rajah) but what's the storyline behind it? What could possibly connect these worlds together? I mean if you haven't realized already, the storyline pertains to historical events. What do you think is next
Did anyone predict for W101 that after Malistaire's defeat, we would be going to Celestia, and encountering Morganthe? Or after her defeat we would have to deal with Old Cob and his children?
There are several loose threads that could be part of a 3rd story arc ( if you consider El Dorado the 2nd story arc.):
1. The Troubles with Albion aren't over and Bonnie Anne's brother escaped us - he could be starting a new plot against Marleybone.
2. Captain Hande and Bob Carrington may want revenge for their defeat.
3. Our Mother's diary/diaries have the locations of over a dozen treasures that she hid, why not have a good, old-fashioned pirate treasure hunt?
Just because we're not sure what's up next doesn't mean KI writers have run out of stories.

Ensign
Sep 30, 2017
The same thing that was after guns gold, and the isle of doom/trading quest; The Next Adventure!

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't think that P101 is historically driven. Yes, there are references out of World History everywhere, but it's mixed to a very high degree and not exactly accurate ( don't use P101 for your history class! ) This is a fantasy game.
As for Grizzelheim and Rajah, one is an origin world available for a player to choose when creating a character, the other is mentioned as having been visited by the pirate's parents, so there is a good, solid connection for both worlds in P101.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
Did anyone predict for W101 that after Malistaire's defeat, we would be going to Celestia, and encountering Morganthe? Or after her defeat we would have to deal with Old Cob and his children?
There are several loose threads that could be part of a 3rd story arc ( if you consider El Dorado the 2nd story arc.):
1. The Troubles with Albion aren't over and Bonnie Anne's brother escaped us - he could be starting a new plot against Marleybone.
3. Our Mother's diary/diaries have the locations of over a dozen treasures that she hid, why not have a good, old-fashioned pirate treasure hunt?
Just because we're not sure what's up next doesn't mean KI writers have run out of stories.
"Just because we're not sure what's up next doesn't mean KI writers have run out of stories."

No offense, but they haven't had a major update since Dreadnaught, and before that since Moo. It's apparent something's going on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
moses3345 on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
"Just because we're not sure what's up next doesn't mean KI writers have run out of stories."

No offense, but they haven't had a major update since Dreadnaught, and before that since Moo. It's apparent something's going on.
The last major up-date gave us the Ambassador's Quests and Ship PVP. That was in Oct. last year. KI is gearing up for their 10th year Celebration for Wizard101, but, the fact that Blind Mew has been silent since Oct. tells me that he is likely very busy, so I'm not at all concerned whether this game is officially "dying".
Post Edit: we also got a story line update of Valencia part2.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
moses3345 on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:

No offense, but I don't consider content for only max level pirates to be a "major update" -- the game needed something for pirates of all ages to do besides questing. The party barge quests are a more "major update" than the Dreadnaught addition was, because they allow for participation starting at Level 12 or so. Granted they are super repetitive, but they do give nice gold rewards and some no auction gear that lower level pirates can certainly use.

The Team Up ledger would/could have been major except for the way some max-level pirates abused it to their own gain and the anguish of low-level pirates, who thought they had helpers but then those helpers turned tail and ran away. Moaning about nothing to do when there may be someone else struggling to beat Khotan or the Hydra or whatever.

Updates may be slow, and may not all be to your tastes, but pirates have not been abandoned.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
Well, I don't know about after El Dorado, but the next world will probably be Polaris, since there's a stormgate in Valencia that says "Stormgate to Polaris."

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Maybe there will be an even greater Treasure? Idk, or maybe trying to find some kind of amazing magic ship...

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
The last major up-date gave us the Ambassador's Quests and Ship PVP. That was in Oct. last year. KI is gearing up for their 10th year Celebration for Wizard101, but, the fact that Blind Mew has been silent since Oct. tells me that he is likely very busy, so I'm not at all concerned whether this game is officially "dying".
I agree, they are just busy. Once they get all the wizard stuff over with, they will start focusing on getting pirate101 going again.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
fearless robert sp... on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
I agree, they are just busy. Once they get all the wizard stuff over with, they will start focusing on getting pirate101 going again.
I hope so

Ensign
Jun 04, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
I agree with you there corbie ,it would b nice to see more of Marylebone , and maybe in another world cap. and bob may aid guy fox with his plots, and guy could have help from queen. and possibly they may turn the diaries into side story quest, like with the ambassador's, I do know that its hinted that we are going to Polaris, and I wonder what could we do there, help napoliguin retake his crown?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MercilessValeranMo... on Jun 23, 2018 wrote:
I agree with you there corbie ,it would b nice to see more of Marylebone , and maybe in another world cap. and bob may aid guy fox with his plots, and guy could have help from queen. and possibly they may turn the diaries into side story quest, like with the ambassador's, I do know that its hinted that we are going to Polaris, and I wonder what could we do there, help napoliguin retake his crown?
I think Napolequin is already on the throne of Polaris. There was an Ambassador in the tavern in Florenza and he tells us: "you restored our ruler..."
Could Napolequin be intending to restart his war against the others worlds? Historically, that is what Napoleon did ( continued his war against Europe ), after he escaped Elba.

Ensign
Jun 04, 2016
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2018 wrote:
I think Napolequin is already on the throne of Polaris. There was an Ambassador in the tavern in Florenza and he tells us: "you restored our ruler..."
Could Napolequin be intending to restart his war against the others worlds? Historically, that is what Napoleon did ( continued his war against Europe ), after he escaped Elba.
true, hope we get do to crockatopia or albion because I know a lot of us where disappointed in only the 1 zone in marlybone

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
Very late to this, but I'd also like to point out that Mew was a lead writer for Empyrea part one, so it can only be assumed that he is also working on Empyrea part two.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Alex the Pirate on Jun 26, 2018 wrote:
Very late to this, but I'd also like to point out that Mew was a lead writer for Empyrea part one, so it can only be assumed that he is also working on Empyrea part two.
Maybe that's why I enjoyed Empyrea's story so much.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
giving it some thought, i dont think we even are going to El Dorado. not only did our parents tell us not to go, but Avery did say that"pirates would kill for this treasure" my guess is our parents were at (or traveling to) El Dorado when they were killed. that might be why we are not going.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
giving it some thought, i dont think we even are going to El Dorado. not only did our parents tell us not to go, but Avery did say that"pirates would kill for this treasure" my guess is our parents were at (or traveling to) El Dorado when they were killed. that might be why we are not going.
x Sigh x, It would be very disappointing not to go to El Dorado, but honestly, do we still have the motivation to go? We were supposed to try to prevent Kane from going there in the first place, & we have done this.
Regardless of pirates wanting to kill us for the treasure, well they'll still be after us for our pieces of the map anyway. So we're not safe whether we go to El Dorado or not.

I'm not sure that those voices from the chrystal in the Machine were our parent's voices; Blind Mew said in a post "Question everything said from the chrystals". And remember our parents want us to find their graves, they originally wanted us to go to El Dorado.
If Queen should gain control of the Armada, would she want to keep to Kane's plan? And what if Kane returns? Then we would have a reason to go to El Dorado.
Also, keep in mind that while we have 3 pieces, the Armada has 2 and we still have to find Erica the Red & find our mother's piece, if we do intend to go to El Dorado.
In any case, our adventures aren't over.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Anecorbie: "Could Napolequin be intending to restart his war against the others worlds? Historically, that is what Napoleon did ( continued his war against Europe ), after he escaped Elba."

Arrr, that would be a short update, as the actual historical campaign lasted only about three months...

I do think, if there is another storyline presented (fingers crossed), that Napoleguin and Polaris are good odds.

If you look at the decorations in Avery's room, Polaris is the only area strongly featured we have not yet been to. And as Space12350 pointed out, there is already a marked gate.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Sep 19, 2018 wrote:
Anecorbie: "Could Napolequin be intending to restart his war against the others worlds? Historically, that is what Napoleon did ( continued his war against Europe ), after he escaped Elba."

Arrr, that would be a short update, as the actual historical campaign lasted only about three months...

I do think, if there is another storyline presented (fingers crossed), that Napoleguin and Polaris are good odds.

If you look at the decorations in Avery's room, Polaris is the only area strongly featured we have not yet been to. And as Space12350 pointed out, there is already a marked gate.

-Indigo
Three months worth of game play would be awesome! VA2 took me less than a month and, you know, I had 2 accounts at the time.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
We go to In N out burger and sit at the largest table. Then we talk about Elmo books and that's what's after El Dorado.