Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What just happened here?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Low level pirate uses Team Up for Bruno Chapel. Two other pirates join and enter battle first, skipping dialogue. Then, after timer runs out, they both leave, causing low level pirate to have one FEWER companion than he would have had if he had gone in solo. Three against ten is not good odds at Level 17. It should have been four against six.

New fun Trolling concept? Or is it a bug -- should some of those armada troops have left with those two pirates?

High level pirates -- why would you do that? Why not stay and fight one battle?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
Low level pirate uses Team Up for Bruno Chapel. Two other pirates join and enter battle first, skipping dialogue. Then, after timer runs out, they both leave, causing low level pirate to have one FEWER companion than he would have had if he had gone in solo. Three against ten is not good odds at Level 17. It should have been four against six.

New fun Trolling concept? Or is it a bug -- should some of those armada troops have left with those two pirates?

High level pirates -- why would you do that? Why not stay and fight one battle?

Low-down back stabbing pirates are nothing new in this game ( or historically ). I'll bet that they were Ledger spammers; you know that if you enter the Ledger for a single one shot fight, then back out, it still counts toward that badge.
That fight is short enough anyway, why not stay and help the low level?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
Low-down back stabbing pirates are nothing new in this game ( or historically ). I'll bet that they were Ledger spammers; you know that if you enter the Ledger for a single one shot fight, then back out, it still counts toward that badge.
That fight is short enough anyway, why not stay and help the low level?
Sadly some of these low down pirates are even in our forums community. I think most of them saw others spamming the kiosk for the badge and decided to do it themselves. I did test this to see if it works and sadly it does. I quit doing it and I am only of the few people not to have the Halo. This Halo isn't deserved by 50% of the people that have it so I am glad I don't have it. I still wish Kingsisle would figure out who did fast spamming of the kiosk to get the badge and take away some of their progress but I already posted about that. If a pirate chooses to do a glitch like the cabin glitch or the rug glitch it doesn't hurt other pirates like this glitch does. I hope this glitch is higher on Kingsisle's patch list.

To conclude, you should never purposely back out of a fight and leave a low level stranded. That is not right, and you deceive the low level because they think they used team up to get honest people that would help them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Sadly some of these low down pirates are even in our forums community. I think most of them saw others spamming the kiosk for the badge and decided to do it themselves. I did test this to see if it works and sadly it does. I quit doing it and I am only of the few people not to have the Halo. This Halo isn't deserved by 50% of the people that have it so I am glad I don't have it. I still wish Kingsisle would figure out who did fast spamming of the kiosk to get the badge and take away some of their progress but I already posted about that. If a pirate chooses to do a glitch like the cabin glitch or the rug glitch it doesn't hurt other pirates like this glitch does. I hope this glitch is higher on Kingsisle's patch list.

To conclude, you should never purposely back out of a fight and leave a low level stranded. That is not right, and you deceive the low level because they think they used team up to get honest people that would help them.
If they are running with a team who are all in on this exploit, then I have no problems with how they get that badge; and I don't think KI should punish those who have this badge through using the exploit; because it's KI fault that it became usable in the first place.
It's the ones who abandon a true seeker for help that are giving this a bad name.
P.S. I don't have the Halo yet, either.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:

I think your missing the point (or hijacking the thread).

Willowydream is discussing players who are joining the battle, then leaving....which leaves extra enemies for the now solo pirate to battle.

You are describing players just leaving the dungeon immediately after entering, which doesn't impact the original player as much as in Willowydream's scenario.

In your scenario, the original player simply isn't getting the help they are requesting. In Willowydream's scenario it is malicious activity that is making the instance harder than if you originally went into the dungeon solo.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
I think your missing the point (or hijacking the thread).

Willowydream is discussing players who are joining the battle, then leaving....which leaves extra enemies for the now solo pirate to battle.

You are describing players just leaving the dungeon immediately after entering, which doesn't impact the original player as much as in Willowydream's scenario.

In your scenario, the original player simply isn't getting the help they are requesting. In Willowydream's scenario it is malicious activity that is making the instance harder than if you originally went into the dungeon solo.
Thank you -- the fact that the other enemies didn't leave when those two pirates did seems like a bug and I almost posted this in the bug report section, but it also seemed to me that those two knew what they were doing and meant for it to happen.

Ultimately, I know there really isn't a solution, since pirates have to be able to flee at any time, but it's sad to think that a great idea like the Team Up Ledger is being abused by some extra-nefarious members of our small pirate population.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I haven't been active in this community for the past 5 months, so I'm not too caught up on current events, but I'll try to weigh in here. In my opinion, if you're going to badge grind, there are better (and frankly easier) ways of doing it than simply ditching your fellow pirates and leaving them to rot. I wish that people would recognize the fact that other pirates have feelings too, and even if what you are doing seems innocent to you, ignoring others can have a greater impact than you think. I'd also like to add that I too have been called out for badge grinding before, and, while I didn't used this glitch, I'd like to say sorry to anyone who was affected by my badge grinding. From here, I'd also like to bring up the question of whether performing the glitch with a group of people who are also doing it for the purposes of badge grinding is okay, seeing as this thread is seeming to shift to a discussion on the much more broad topic of badge grinding.

See you in the Spiral,
Alex the Priate