Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How about new World Housing this spring/summer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2009
It's been a while since the game launched, and I remember within Wizard101's second or third year, they released housing, even world housing into the game.

It's been a good 6 years, and so far, not only do we JUST have the 5 class based houses, but the only world houses to circulate in existence are the following:

4 Skull Island-based Homes-
1) Castaway's Refuge (Small)
2) Buccaneer's Den (Large)
3) Castaway Island (Cutthroat Bundle)
4) Volcano Island (Retired Boochbeard Bundle)

1 Marleybone-based Home-
1) Smuggler's Cove (Large)

1 Aquila-based Home-
1) Emperor's Villa (Empire Bundle)

Excluding our dorm room, we only have had 6 World houses for the past 6 years. I know that the class houses are world themed as well, but I WANT an authentic world home to be more open concept, so I can freely decorate my home without an established preset plastered house. I hope it's possible that we receive houses for Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch, and Mooshu in the meantime, hopefully by the end of this year!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlushCut on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
It's been a while since the game launched, and I remember within Wizard101's second or third year, they released housing, even world housing into the game.

It's been a good 6 years, and so far, not only do we JUST have the 5 class based houses, but the only world houses to circulate in existence are the following:

1 Marleybone-based Home-

1 Aquila-based Home-

Excluding our dorm room, we only have had 6 World houses for the past 6 years. I know that the class houses are world themed as well, but I WANT an authentic world home to be more open concept, so I can freely decorate my home without an established preset plastered house. I hope it's possible that we receive houses for Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch, and Mooshu in the meantime, hopefully by the end of this year!
Welcome to the Message Boards, SlushCut!
I agree that more housing would be great ( world themed or otherwise )! I feel, though, that I must correct your statement of P101 being 6 years old - it's not, it's 5 years and 6 months along, we won't be 6 until next October.
Also, you forgot to list the 2 ship's cabin designs ( one in the crown shop & one in the Black Market. ). That's quite a lot of housing for those 5 yrs.+.
With all the demands that players have been making of KI, I feel that there are more important projects that should be added to this game, these have already been posted elsewhere, I'm not going to go through the list
I would love more housing, but I don't see it coming soon.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
SlushCut on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:

1 Marleybone-based Home-

1 Aquila-based Home-

Actually, the Musketeer House, Sharpshooter's Citadel, is in Monquista.

Ensign
May 23, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Mar 22, 2018 wrote:
Actually, the Musketeer House, Sharpshooter's Citadel, is in Monquista.
"I know that the class houses are world themed as well, but I want an AUTHENTIC world home to be more open concept, so I can freely decorate my home without an established preset plastered house."

Quote above. This means that if I want a Monquista house, I DON'T want the musketeer logo plastered all over my own place, so this lets me be more versatile with an open concept original Monquistan space.

Ensign
May 23, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, SlushCut!
I agree that more housing would be great ( world themed or otherwise )! I feel, though, that I must correct your statement of P101 being 6 years old - it's not, it's 5 years and 6 months along, we won't be 6 until next October.
Also, you forgot to list the 2 ship's cabin designs ( one in the crown shop & one in the Black Market. ). That's quite a lot of housing for those 5 yrs.+.
With all the demands that players have been making of KI, I feel that there are more important projects that should be added to this game, these have already been posted elsewhere, I'm not going to go through the list
I would love more housing, but I don't see it coming soon.
First of all, thank you for welcoming me. I apologize for not having the sharpest memory, so I will see to it the local medics can rewire my noodles, ha. My memory served me better for remembering timelines by years, and that included rounding 5.6 years to about 6 years of Pirate101 in existence in general.

Over the years I have watched plenty of episodes of designer shows on HGTV. Excuse my curt, blunt response, but from my standpoint, I don't count ship cabins at all. They are not houses. They are equivalent to expansions to our dorm space in general. Houses, in my point of view, have to have both an accessible interior and exterior space. That's just my point of view in contrast to yours.

I understand that an increase in housing options would take some time, especially with plans of each unique designing and physically modelling the house. It's kind of also why I bring this up as a reminder to see if a group of designers on the team can work on this project. World housing should have been set in stone within the 3rd or 4th year of the game, which could have displayed P101's development having an equivalent pace to W101.

Again, this is all just my viewpoint, which members are free to agree/disagree with me on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlushCut on Mar 22, 2018 wrote:
First of all, thank you for welcoming me. I apologize for not having the sharpest memory, so I will see to it the local medics can rewire my noodles, ha. My memory served me better for remembering timelines by years, and that included rounding 5.6 years to about 6 years of Pirate101 in existence in general.

Over the years I have watched plenty of episodes of designer shows on HGTV. Excuse my curt, blunt response, but from my standpoint, I don't count ship cabins at all. They are not houses. They are equivalent to expansions to our dorm space in general. Houses, in my point of view, have to have both an accessible interior and exterior space. That's just my point of view in contrast to yours.

I understand that an increase in housing options would take some time, especially with plans of each unique designing and physically modelling the house. It's kind of also why I bring this up as a reminder to see if a group of designers on the team can work on this project. World housing should have been set in stone within the 3rd or 4th year of the game, which could have displayed P101's development having an equivalent pace to W101.

Again, this is all just my viewpoint, which members are free to agree/disagree with me on.
As you can see from my post, I did agree that more housing would be desirable. I am also a HUGE fan of HGTV, but I disagree that housing design should only be based on both an interior and exterior to be legitimately a "home". What about apartments, condominiums and townhouses? Wouldn't you say a designer can create beautiful spaces within those? I've enjoyed decorating my ship cabin and my bunkhouse, so do others.
Our differences on this subject aren't that wide apart.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
100% Agree that more houses and furniture is needed