Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Has Decius Ever Used a Forum Suggested Pet Idea?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Well, have you Decius?
If so, what was it? If it has been discovered, that is. If not, we are used to hearing Blind Mew say, "That would be telling." Or would seeing a pet idea on the forum deter you from using that idea? Ever design a pet, and see it be independently suggested on the forum? I know sometimes people can come up with the same good idea, in a totally unrelated way.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:
Well, have you Decius?
If so, what was it? If it has been discovered, that is. If not, we are used to hearing Blind Mew say, "That would be telling." Or would seeing a pet idea on the forum deter you from using that idea? Ever design a pet, and see it be independently suggested on the forum? I know sometimes people can come up with the same good idea, in a totally unrelated way.
Decius has used a name suggestion for a pet hybrid; at first it was merely the "Ice Lizard" but Two Faced Valkoor Olen ( Valkoor the Victorious ) suggested "Blizzard" and Decius changed the name.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think ( a very long time ago ) that a player asked for a pirate version of the w101 piggle and we got a hoggle in the Tribal Pack. I also asked for a manticore pet when AQ was released and now the manticore is in the Crown Shop.
So, actually, Decius does listen and use our ideas.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The Alan Rickman tribute pets (the Grabthar's Hammerhead and the Hans Grouper) were suggested on this forum, and are available from Gianni Pescetari in Florenza. I do not know if any hybrid suggestions have been taken up. Although the Blizzard hybrid originally had a different name, I think, until someone suggested "Blizzard" as an alternative, and KI changed the name.

-Indigo Ring

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Blizzard was way better than Ice Lizard, so yeah I had to change that.

I have added a few others over the years. It takes a while to get things through the approval process and in the pipeline.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
Blizzard was way better than Ice Lizard, so yeah I had to change that.

I have added a few others over the years. It takes a while to get things through the approval process and in the pipeline.
Who has to approve the new pets? I thought you were a developer who could do what you wanted. Based on what your saying, I guess I need to wait awhile longer to see if my Cocoaloon or another idea of mine gets added as Decius has to get things approved.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
Who has to approve the new pets? I thought you were a developer who could do what you wanted. Based on what your saying, I guess I need to wait awhile longer to see if my Cocoaloon or another idea of mine gets added as Decius has to get things approved.
Nope, it would make perfect sense for Decius to have to things approved. You see, if Decius could do whatever he wanted with Pets, and going off of his nearly endless creativity here at KingsIsle, I bet there would be a Mount Everest of new Pets and Hybrids alike to find!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
Developers couldn't just throw in whatever they want without clearing it with others or the game would lose cohesion.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Helpful Aurora Par... on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
Nope, it would make perfect sense for Decius to have to things approved. You see, if Decius could do whatever he wanted with Pets, and going off of his nearly endless creativity here at KingsIsle, I bet there would be a Mount Everest of new Pets and Hybrids alike to find!
That would sure be fun!

.....pet.....
..petpet..
.petpetpet.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 5, 2018 wrote:
That would sure be fun!

.....pet.....
..petpet..
.petpetpet.
OK Decius,

Do it, just do it! Get 6 those new pets approved! I want 6 new hybrids(including player requests) to find!