Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

advice in pvp for a buck plz

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I would like help for my max level i am struggling in pvp against

i would like help in

companions

pets

gear

strategies

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't PvP, but it sounds like maybe you need to give a bit more information about what you've been using and trying. What gear have you got, what crew are you starting with, and more info about the pet you have equipped could prompt someone to give you feedback.

It's hard to give advice without a starting point.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
valdus15797 on Feb 27, 2018 wrote:

i would like help in

companions

pets

gear

strategies
Privateers are very strong in the current meta, they can match you shield for shield, & heal a lot. As a max buck do you have gear that gives you Triton's Chorus ( group shield from gear dropped by Kane )? Shield up and separate to avoid Blast of Discord.
Swashbucklers are notorious for using Black Fog then advancing to use Assassin's Shroud ( non-healing poison ) and then some have Purge from Bishop.If they do use purge, have a reserve shield ready to use.
Shield up and spread out to prevent your team from being poisoned and going down with an Assassin's Strike, relentless combo.
Companions:
Most bucks go with Peter Quint and his Whales Might buff is pretty useful, but unless he has a shield on him, he's vulnerable.
I like Barnabus ( with his own shields and Charges ) he's very useful.
Kobe Jojimbo can be trained in First Strike 3 as can Ratbeard, this talent removes hides from attacking Swashbucklers ( it will do nothing against poison, though. )
These are just basic pointers for you - I hope the PVP players see this post and help you.
Good Luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

i would like help in

companions

pets

gear

strategies
Also a pet that grants a heal ( group or otherwise, can save you and if it gives extras like Relentless or Elusive, even better. )

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Buccaneers need to be aggressive because of this, you're gonna have to put some $$$ into the game unlike other classes as most Buccaneer companions that you obtain via storyline/side quests are terrible other than Peter Quint for this type of play style. E.g. Barnabus is a great companion defensively but terrible when trying to rush down your enemy. This is why the best team for buccaneers in ranked specifically is Peter Quint, Goronado (beat Gortez 25 times and 7.5k crowns) and Nausica (Empire Bundle). Other companions also very helpful that can be used are Baar (Grizzly Beast Booster Pack companion), Temujin (Crown Shop Companion for 5995) and Zang Cha (Crown Shop Companion for 5995).

There are 2 ways to play Buccaneer right now from a non fall champion play style (aka players without angry orchard power weapon)

1. Haywire Assassin
2. Bladestorm 5

This is based on the pet you have or can get access too. In terms of what one is better and worth investing time into. I recommend Bladestorm 5 but it's really up to you.

Gear sets for Haywire Strike

Core: Haywire Axe/Sword from Dreadnaught

Recommend Gear Set: Empire Bundle Core (Hat and Boots) or Assassin/Tower Hat+Dragoons Heavy Boots, Valor's Fortress Robe, Assassin Eyepatch, Tower/Assassin Totem, Fort or Purge Amulet, Bazaar Revive ring (w/ Fort amulet) or Fort Ring (W/ Purge amulet). Pet can be anything w/ Grants Relentless and Elusive. Rally and Shark's Fury for grants powers are also good. Scent 2/3 also is fine.

Gear sets for Bladestorm 5

Core: Kraven Blade (Armada Booster Pack Weapon) and a Pet with grants Bladestorm, Elusive and Relentless

Recommended Gear Set: Empire Bundle Core (Hat and Boots), Valors Fort Robe, Assassin or Super Strike Eyepatch (Super Strikes are great as they instantly start your bladestorm+relentless chain), Tower Totem (Super Strikes are OP), Valor's Fort/Purge Amulet, Revive ring (W/ Fort Amulet) or Valor's Fort ring (W/ Purge amulet)

For revive ring the bazaar one is good enough.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
wait are you the feisty orange if so i thought you quit. i am your biggest fan it is good to have you back!

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Technomage I would like to know three things

1: which is better haywire assasin or blade 5

2: can you give me sratiges for winning against privateers and bucklers

3: with summer right around the corner if I do get the weapon would it be better than blade 5 it haywire? If so, what would be a good build?

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Thanks for the help and I am still open to more advice

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Thank you all for the help I still am open to more advice

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015

i would like help in

companions

pets

gear

strategies
As a Privateer, I might be able to give you a bit of advice. The Privy class is particularly annoying to other classes because of how adaptable and versatile it can be. I recommend reading the article over at Final Bastion about the current rock, paper, and scissors meta (courtesy of Matthew). Privateers tend to play a more Control style -- this means that they will focus on defense above all, and try to outlast the enemy. Because of this, the majority of Privateers you face will be staying back on their side of the board, likely using companions like Scratch (for the spell power boost) and Emmet (for preventing rushes). The only way to beat this style of play is to rush down your opponents before they get the opportunity get in the proper position (both buffs and unit location). As a Bucc, the easy choice would be using Peter Quint. His charge makes him an excellent candidate. If you are using only free-to-play companions, then Barnabas is your next best for rushes. That leaves you with a choice for the third slot. If you are willing to spend money, I would recommend using Goronado and Nausica (both of which I use on a regular basis).

Using this Aggro strategy of applying pressure very early on can shatter almost all Control Builds if executed properly.

Keep in mind that, while most 's use a Control build, not all do (I frequently play Aggro). That would take an entire other post to explain, which would be pointless because you can read about this in depth on the aforementioned site. If you need some practice in-game, I am Cedric Moone.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
valdus15797 on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
still open for advice
I'm not sure what more advice you are looking for? Perhaps if you gave a bit more about what you are doing that isn't working, someone would be better able to address what you would need to do differently.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015