Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Friends Forever

AuthorMessage
Happy Friday, everyone! It's especially happy because the Friendship Festival is in full swing.

Let's talk friendly-like! In honor of the holiday, we're taking nominations for the first ever award for the FRIENDLIEST (non-player) CHARACTER in the Spiral. Who would you vote for? Why are they so friendly? Also, who could be a little MORE friendly, in your opinions?

Looking forward to your nominations. Have a super friendly Friday and a even friendlier weekend, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Happy Friday, everyone! It's especially happy because the Friendship Festival is in full swing.

Let's talk friendly-like! In honor of the holiday, we're taking nominations for the first ever award for the FRIENDLIEST (non-player) CHARACTER in the Spiral. Who would you vote for? Why are they so friendly? Also, who could be a little MORE friendly, in your opinions?

Looking forward to your nominations. Have a super friendly Friday and a even friendlier weekend, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
This is a wonderful topic, Dalia!

Hmm... That's a hard one. I'm going to have to say the friendliest NPC is probably Prospector Zeke. Think about him! He's always willing to lend a hand and he's rootin' tootin' casual, that's for sure.

For the non-friendliest? Probably Mordekai, LOL. I mean, he's always so rough and tough (but I wouldn't want to make him more friendly; I like him just the tough way he is ). Perhaps he's really just a big ol' teddy bear inside?

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Well while there are many pirates out there that are friendly (we have a great community) I would say one of my favorite is Helpful Aurora Parker. I know exactly who i would choose for a pirate that could be more friendly but I dont like to talk ill of players. So thats my post. Thx to everyone in the spiral for making this game great!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The friendliest character I can think of off the top of my head would be Hawkules -- he's willing to share his life story with anyone he encounters, whether they are interested or not.

Did you know that Zeus is his father? Zeus maybe could be a little friendlier...

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
oh geez. you making us choose. um, i vote for Phule. he might be an armada but after finding out Kane betrayed him he turned on Kane and helped us stop him. as for who could be more friendlier? Avery. he needs to be more honest.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

You implying the friendliest non-player will be made into a companion?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
don't count on it.

Ensign
Oct 06, 2015

friendliest would be Phule he is cool and what Kane did to him that would be cool if he joins us as a companion \

non friendliest would be Avery I don't trust him at all to tell you the truth he could be a boss that we have to fight to get the last map piece. plus he is really that good of a guy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I agree that Prospector Zeke is one of the friendliest NPCs in the game.
I also liked Swidget; he has probably the most hard to defend client in the Spiral ( because there's no doubt to his guilt ) yet he does all he can to save his life, and he does this within the law.
Another friendly NPC would be One Eyed Jack ( it's no coincidence that Tom uses his name on the message boards ) everybody would love to have this rabbit on their crew.
Unfriendliest? I choose Skinny Pete of the Kraken Skulls. For someone who runs a tavern, he could be a little friendlier to the patrons!

Ensign
Nov 16, 2015
To be honest, Blind Mew always seemed very friendly! He helps us out a lot, despite being blind.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
Friendliest on top of my head would probably be Gracie Conrad or Hawkules. Gracie is always upbeat and willing to help (plus who can deny that sweet smile) while Hawkules despite being vain, seems like the type of person who would make you feel better when you're feeling down AND he loves to sing.

And I think Avery could be a little bit more nicer considering how much we've done for him and the amount of times he has lied to us.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I agree that Prospector Zeke is one of the friendliest NPCs in the game.
I also liked Swidget; he has probably the most hard to defend client in the Spiral ( because there's no doubt to his guilt ) yet he does all he can to save his life, and he does this within the law.
Another friendly NPC would be One Eyed Jack ( it's no coincidence that Tom uses his name on the message boards ) everybody would love to have this rabbit on their crew.
Unfriendliest? I choose Skinny Pete of the Kraken Skulls. For someone who runs a tavern, he could be a little friendlier to the patrons!
I second this, can you guys make One-Eyed Jack a companion? I'd LOVE to have him on my crew. He's quite a character, that Jack.

Also for friendliest NPC I also have to go with Prospector Zeke. Sure there are other really nice people out there but Zeke is a step above them. Cheering on our pirate and wishing us well as we quest through each world, I think that's really special.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
No. She's asking who we think the friendliest and non-friendliest NPC (non-player character) would be.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Avery Court Grace on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Well while there are many pirates out there that are friendly (we have a great community) I would say one of my favorite is Helpful Aurora Parker. I know exactly who i would choose for a pirate that could be more friendly but I dont like to talk ill of players. So thats my post. Thx to everyone in the spiral for making this game great!
Thank you so much for the shoutout. That was very sweet of you!

However, LOL, I don't think our dear Falmea was implying friendliest and non-friendliest player; more like NPC, or non-player character. Hope that cleared things up for you and Dino!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Zeke be me pick on Friendliest Non-Character in P101!

Kane is without a shadow of a doubt thee most Unfriendliest in all of P101!!!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
For unfriendly, I'd have to say the monkey who guards the Porto Mico governor's office. Talk about unfriendly. He is totally contemptuous of us, and goes out of his way to set us up. Zeke on the other hand, is always glad to see us, and so concerned about those little creatures, and gives us nice thank you presents. He keeps the coffee ready for us in Gold Creek.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
For unfriendly, I'd have to say the monkey who guards the Porto Mico governor's office. Talk about unfriendly. He is totally contemptuous of us, and goes out of his way to set us up. Zeke on the other hand, is always glad to see us, and so concerned about those little creatures, and gives us nice thank you presents. He keeps the coffee ready for us in Gold Creek.
I don't know, Chamberlain Mademus is also rather contemptuous to us!

Ensign
Apr 21, 2015
I'd have to say Milo Greytail for friendliest NPC! He's such a kind soul. As for NPCs needing some lessons in manners, probably Moo Manchu.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
musicalmistress25 on Feb 11, 2018 wrote:
I'd have to say Milo Greytail for friendliest NPC! He's such a kind soul. As for NPCs needing some lessons in manners, probably Moo Manchu.
LOL!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Friendliest NPC? Well, if you overlook the slight mistruths (which every successful pirate dabbles in), I would say Captain Avery. He created a haven for all the Spiral's pirates who were chased down by the Armada, mutinied against, made homeless by storms, attacked by squids and those simply shipwrecked.

Well, it looks like Zeke by a landslide (in both Pirate AND Wizard, actually...), with honorable mentions for both Hawkules and Phule getting a few votes each.

I love the idea of turning the attention to PLAYER characters now (like our friend Helpful Aurora Parker). As we are still in the midst of friendship season, go ahead and give a shout out to the most helpful PLAYER you've met, and why they're so awesome!

For example, I'll give a shout out to Andrew Whitman, who helped me quickly sink a bunch of ships in Cool Ranch to complete a quest that would have taken me FOREVER solo. How about you?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
friendliest player? i'd have to give a shoutout to mr Frog Man on twitch. he's helping pirate stay alive. go give a him a follow on Twitch and a sub on Youtube.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
Well, it looks like Zeke by a landslide (in both Pirate AND Wizard, actually...), with honorable mentions for both Hawkules and Phule getting a few votes each.

I love the idea of turning the attention to PLAYER characters now (like our friend Helpful Aurora Parker). As we are still in the midst of friendship season, go ahead and give a shout out to the most helpful PLAYER you've met, and why they're so awesome!

For example, I'll give a shout out to Andrew Whitman, who helped me quickly sink a bunch of ships in Cool Ranch to complete a quest that would have taken me FOREVER solo. How about you?
3 Cheers and a barrel of Yum to Chrissy Th' Blesser Without her kindness, encouragement and support many of us ( besides myself ) would not be speaking here.
Love Ya, Chrissy

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:

Hmm... Friendliest would be Darling Ilana Jenkins, Level 70 Musketeer. She is just so friendly and helpful. I have tons of helpful and friendly friends, but if I were to name one, it would definitely be Ilana.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
3 Cheers and a barrel of Yum to Chrissy Th' Blesser Without her kindness, encouragement and support many of us ( besides myself ) would not be speaking here.
Love Ya, Chrissy
Yes! Absolutely! Go Chrissy all the way!